Justine more popular than Kim in Belgium - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:10 PM   #1
TeeRexx

TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
Justine more popular than Kim in Belgium

Justine-Hennin-Hardene (JHH) has surprassed her fellow countryman, Kim Clijsters, in popularity throughout the country since her Roland Garros victory and recent Acura win.

Clijsters was the #1 favorite in Belgium for a few years, but after her meltdown against SERENA WILLIAMS in the Australian Open and her rumored defection to that same country to be with her boyfriend, the tide has clearly turned towards HH, even though she is a much more introvert personality than Clijsters.

With the impending title of #1 coming to Clijsters, this will add even more pressure to a player who will be out to try to prove her critics wrong in their claims that she may not be the most worthy player to hold that title, especially in light that she is not the best female player in the world, as the WILLIAMS still dominater her, but she also is not the best player in her home country of Belgium as well.

Clijsters will have a lot to prove at the upcoming Open as to how she will hold up at the top spot.

Last edited by TeeRexx : Aug 7th, 2003 at 03:49 AM.
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:11 PM   #2
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
Which Belgian is your favourite TeeRexx ?
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:14 PM   #3
country flag fleemke³

fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of
I think it's true that many Belgians now also know Justine but and that she's more popular now but if she's the most popular ... can't say ...
YEC Madrid '06,'07
41 titles

fleemke³ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:16 PM   #4
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
true kim supporters will stay. only 5 dropped her
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:17 PM   #5
jenglisbe

jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold
Where is this from??

Anyway, who cares...Kim is about to be #1
carried the weight on my own
Had to be strong
so I believed
and now I know I've succeeded
in finding the place I conceived
jenglisbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:21 PM   #6
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
shutup tee Kim is still more popular
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:21 PM   #7
i_like_tennis

i_like_tennis has a little shameless behaviour in the past i_like_tennis has a little shameless behaviour in the past i_like_tennis has a little shameless behaviour in the past i_like_tennis has a little shameless behaviour in the past i_like_tennis has a little shameless behaviour in the past i_like_tennis has a little shameless behaviour in the past
well.....another credible worshipper thread...
i_like_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:25 PM   #8
country flag K&J fan

K&J fan has a spectacular aura about K&J fan has a spectacular aura about K&J fan has a spectacular aura about K&J fan has a spectacular aura about K&J fan has a spectacular aura about K&J fan has a spectacular aura about K&J fan has a spectacular aura about K&J fan has a spectacular aura about K&J fan has a spectacular aura about K&J fan has a spectacular aura about K&J fan has a spectacular aura about
well... hard to tell I'd say

PAW-results 2004 :

WON : ANTWERP - BERLIN
RU :
HF : Gold Coast - Vienna - Birmingham - Montreal - YEC
QF : Indian Wells - Charleston - Sopot - Olympics
R16 : Dubai
R32 : Tokyo - Paris - Warsaw - Stanford - New Haven
R64 : Sydney - Melbourne - Doha - Miami - Amelia Island - Rome - Los Angeles

current ranking : 5 (high 3)
K&J fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:29 PM   #9
country flag stijntje

stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of
I think it's clear Kim is more popular in the dutch-speaking part of Belgium and Justine in the french-speaking part of Belgium...

I went to both Fed Cup-meetings in Bree (dutch) and Charleroi (french)...
The support for Kim in Bree was much more than Justine's... In Charleroi Justine was the most supported...
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:31 PM   #10
country flag fleemke³

fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stijntje
I think it's clear Kim is more popular in the dutch-speaking part of Belgium and Justine in the french-speaking part of Belgium...

The support for Kim in Bree was much more than Justine's... In Charleroi Justine was the most supported...
I think Kim had a great welcome in Charleroi, a better than Justine in Bree. But remeber that it was the first match in Belgium for Justine after RG.

I think Justine has a lot of new fans ... just look at this pic after RG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jujubrussel.jpg (38.8 KB, 85 views)
YEC Madrid '06,'07
41 titles

fleemke³ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:35 PM   #11
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
but kim comes from bree that probably plays a part too or not?
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:36 PM   #12
country flag Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Team WTAworld

Dizzy Miss Lizzy is a name known to all Dizzy Miss Lizzy is a name known to all Dizzy Miss Lizzy is a name known to all Dizzy Miss Lizzy is a name known to all Dizzy Miss Lizzy is a name known to all Dizzy Miss Lizzy is a name known to all Dizzy Miss Lizzy is a name known to all Dizzy Miss Lizzy is a name known to all Dizzy Miss Lizzy is a name known to all Dizzy Miss Lizzy is a name known to all Dizzy Miss Lizzy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by stijntje

Half of the hall in Bree was filled with family of Kim.

Member of Justine Philistines' Society

http://www.waagstock.be

Dizzy Miss Lizzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:38 PM   #13
Serendy Willick

Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of
I wonder which one Jean-Claude Van Damn is a fan of.
Serendy Willick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:42 PM   #14
country flag Hingiswinsthis

Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of
nice pic fleemke............hmmmmmmm.........the new Justine ENVY
Hingiswinsthis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:42 PM   #15
country flag stijntje

stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of stijntje has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by irma
but kim comes from bree that probably plays a part too or not?
Well you have a point there...

I root for both of them... That's for sure...
If the play eachother, it's hard sometimes, but
it will be Kim to turn out my favourite