Tuesday report - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 07:09 PM   #1
country flag korben

korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute
Tuesday report

Arrived at start of play, 1st to play Mandula - An. Serra-Zanetti and Nagyova - Koukalova. Klara was making mess of it, hitting everywhere but to court. So deserved to lose that 1st set with that scoreline (to love) Got bit more control later to make it a good fight, rain/hail storm interrupted at 4 all in the 2nd. Petra was just too strong for Antonella, who didn´t look at all confident have to say. Rain interrupted this too for about 2 hours (?)

It was that bad rain that they never got court 2 cleaned. It was like little lake still at end of play. Good job with Center and No 1, did took them about an hour to get them playable after rain had stopped.

2nd matches Rittner - Arvidsson, good rallies in this, Sofia is best Nordic player at the moment. But was little too predictable at times, ie. had to make 4 winners in one rally. Well done Barbara, she´ll get to run in the next match too. And Medina Garrigues - Marosi, Katalin played much better than in Q final but Anabel, not surprisingly, advanced in straight sets. Anabel, well she was better before that injury. Slowly and surely she gets better all the time.

3rd matches

Talaja - Schnyder, Silvija got her revenge, very good shots in this match. Deserved to win it, Patty maybe wasn´t "all out" but ok still.
And Perebiynis took out weak Kleinova, whose level had dropped from Q final, naturally opponent was bit diffirent caliber too. Tatiana looked ok, same as in yesterdays doubs, serving and hitting well.

Final matches Ondraskova outpowered Laine, not much to say of this, she played nearly error free, got that short ball after pressuring Emma and blew them away. She looked better than her ranking suggests.

And Czink - Fernandez, in 1st set Clarisa was finding the angles and took it pretty easily, in 2nd looked like Melinda was returning very well.
Didn´t see the 3rd.

Weather, before rain maybe about 23C, after that below 20C, end of play was 16C and I was freezing. Cloudy and very windy all day long but still managed to burn myself ?!

And reply to question from other thread - Torrens Valero didn´t look injured.
korben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 07:11 PM   #2
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the report!! Looking forward to your Wednesday report! Have fun!!
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 09:41 PM   #3
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by korben
3rd matches

Talaja - Schnyder, Silvija got her revenge, very good shots in this match. Deserved to win it, Patty maybe wasn´t "all out" but ok still.
It's hard playing with a felon chained to your ankle!
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 10:04 PM   #4
country flag korben

korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRoger
It's hard playing with a felon chained to your ankle!
She is/was here with some chain smoker, that her coach ? Looked about same age.
korben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 10:21 PM   #5
country flag Smart

Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough
I was also in Espoo on Monday and Tuesday. Patty played poorly. She didn't fight in the second set. Talaja played better and deserved to win.

Smart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:29 AM   #6
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by korben
She is/was here with some chain smoker, that her coach ? Looked about same age.
Since the chain smoker fired her last real coach, I don't know who you mean the same as. Der RainerFuhrer, who you're clearly referring to, is 12 years older than Peppermint Patty.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 08:18 AM   #7
country flag Sharapova's_Boy

Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the report

Sharapova's_Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 10:54 AM   #8
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute
thanks a lot for this great report!

patty >

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 08:12 AM   #9
country flag Rothes
Banned

Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about
Patty

Best of Luck Next Time
Come on Patty Try your best!!!
Rothes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote