Do you have a weapon with which you can win many points against a pro? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 12:20 PM   #1
CamilleVidann

CamilleVidann has a little shameless behaviour in the past CamilleVidann has a little shameless behaviour in the past CamilleVidann has a little shameless behaviour in the past CamilleVidann has a little shameless behaviour in the past CamilleVidann has a little shameless behaviour in the past CamilleVidann has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Do you have a weapon with which you can win many points against a pro?

I do. My forehand is lethal as hell which would win me loads of points against anybody no matter great they are. It's exactly called "a weapon of mass destruction".

What about you?
CamilleVidann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 12:22 PM   #2
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
My forehand is both my strength and my weakness, my backhand is solid, but not as strong.
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

ASAGOE~BOVINA~JANKOVIC~MOLIK
MYSKINA~SCHNYDER~ZVONAREVA

THE YOUNG GUNS

BACSINSZKY~CHAKVATADZE~IVANOVIC
JACKSON~KIRILENKO~LINETSKAYA
MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

BEYGELZIMER~DOKIC~HARKLEROAD
SPREM~VAKULENKO

Dava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 12:36 PM   #3
country flag villa

villa is a name known to all villa is a name known to all villa is a name known to all villa is a name known to all villa is a name known to all villa is a name known to all villa is a name known to all villa is a name known to all villa is a name known to all villa is a name known to all villa is a name known to all
My backhand down the line is my best shot- i can play with players how are way better than me and never even get close to beating them but i will hit a very good ratio of backhand down the line winners against them...esp from a return of of serve...
villa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 12:41 PM   #4
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
No. I have an inside out forehand which is very good. It works well against low hots, so people who slice a lot get eaten alive.

But a good pro would see how I set it up, and then never give me the shots I need to use that shot. They'd just send me topspin after topspin so I had to either take the ball high, or retreat, giving them more time to return.

It's a nice shot, but pros are pros for reason.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 12:48 PM   #5
country flag greg²

greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road
backhand and dropshot

Christine Henin-Hardenne, the queen of Queens

Aussie Justine

2003: Dubai, Berlin, Charleston, Roland Garros, San Diego, Toronto, US Open
2004: Sydney, Australian Open, Indian Wells, Olympics
greg² is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 12:50 PM   #6
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
My 1st serve and my backhand
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 12:51 PM   #7
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
lol camill try winning a point from serena william with ur so called "mass weopon"
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:03 PM   #8
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
my backhand is lethal and it is hard to pick which way i'm going. when my first serve is on it is a weapon. but these are pro's we're talking about and unless you've hit up with a pro you don't know how you'll go. i can't tell how hard a pro is htting by watching them on t.v. or live i really need to hit with the person to determine the speed they are hitting at. and more than likely pro's are hitting way harder than you think. if you have one flaw in a shot they'll bring it out. you could have a great shot but you may need time to prepare and so o and pro's will take that away from you so you really have to hit with them to know how you'll go and whether you have a weapon or not.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:04 PM   #9
Jem

Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future
I played a guy ranked inside the top 300 once and won a grand total of nine points. In truth, I really only "won" two points -- both of them screaming forehand winners that occurred when my racket happened to be in exactly the right place when he hit the ball. The other points occurred when he doublefaulted or made a mistake. What amazes me about the pros is their speed of game. They move around the court amazingly fast, and they hit the ball with incredible speed, angles and placement. It's amazing!
Jem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:11 PM   #10
country flag Glenn

Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light
The title of the thread should be changed, none of us can actually win points against top players.

~|~ Justine Henin-Hardenne ~|~ ~|~ Karolina Sprem ~|~ ~|~ Ashley Harkleroad~|~ ~|~ Marissa Irvin ~|~ ~|~ Corina Morariu ~|~ ~|~ Anna Kournikova ~|~ ~|~ Clarisa Fernandez ~|~ ~|~ Flavia Pennetta ~|~ ~|~ Iroda Tulyaganova ~|~ ~|~ Lina Krasnoroutskaya ~|~ ~|~ Denisa Chladkova ~|~ ~|~ Patty Schnyder ~|~ ~|~ Aniko Kapros ~|~ ~|~ Daja Bedanova ~|~ ~|~ Maja Matevzic ~|~ ~|~ Alexandra Stevenson ~|~
Glenn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:12 PM   #11
country flag Glenn

Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light
PS: My forehand is good.

~|~ Justine Henin-Hardenne ~|~ ~|~ Karolina Sprem ~|~ ~|~ Ashley Harkleroad~|~ ~|~ Marissa Irvin ~|~ ~|~ Corina Morariu ~|~ ~|~ Anna Kournikova ~|~ ~|~ Clarisa Fernandez ~|~ ~|~ Flavia Pennetta ~|~ ~|~ Iroda Tulyaganova ~|~ ~|~ Lina Krasnoroutskaya ~|~ ~|~ Denisa Chladkova ~|~ ~|~ Patty Schnyder ~|~ ~|~ Aniko Kapros ~|~ ~|~ Daja Bedanova ~|~ ~|~ Maja Matevzic ~|~ ~|~ Alexandra Stevenson ~|~
Glenn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:30 PM   #12
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
no chance. if i serve well i hit my serves hard enough to trouble and win easy points against club players...but thats cos they arent used to the pace , and im sure a pro would drill them.

as for the rest of my game against a pro..LOL
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:33 PM   #13
CamilleVidann

CamilleVidann has a little shameless behaviour in the past CamilleVidann has a little shameless behaviour in the past CamilleVidann has a little shameless behaviour in the past CamilleVidann has a little shameless behaviour in the past CamilleVidann has a little shameless behaviour in the past CamilleVidann has a little shameless behaviour in the past
My frame-hit backhand can always disguise my opponent cuz I can do it intentionally. You never know how it will bounce cuz the spin is extraordinary as hell. It works for anyone. Serena Williams? She stands no chance to reach my off frame backhand.
CamilleVidann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:49 PM   #14
country flag azza

wow u conviced me
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 03:09 PM   #15
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute
well, i know i couldnt beat a pro, especially someone who retrieves really well like ASV, serena, venus, kim, justine, conchita, smashnova or amanda...

but i've seen how some players play, like gala leo garcia and sometime i fancy my chances. the thing is that 'm not a pro, i dont have the experience or the fitness to last that long. but the shot i usually beat players with is my one-handed backhand which i usually drive, i dont like slicing too much. i can go any direction. and my net play is superb, which is why i play singles better than dubs. and i throw in dropshots all the time. it looks like i'm gonna slice, but i drop instead. but hit the ball to my forehand constantly and u'll beat me 6-0 6-0.