Wertheim says Justine H-H is favorite to win USO - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:43 AM   #1
spokenword73

spokenword73 has disabled reputation
Wertheim says Justine H-H is favorite to win USO

Do you agree??
spokenword73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:45 AM   #2
country flag VeNuS#1LoVa

VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold
Hell No.

Serena Williams
2007 Australian Open
VeNuS#1LoVa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:45 AM   #3
country flag PhoenixStorm

PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all
And we know how much his opinion is respected around here.
PhoenixStorm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:46 AM   #4
country flag VeNuS#1LoVa

VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStorm
And we know how much his opinion is respected around here.
Mine?

Serena Williams
2007 Australian Open
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:49 AM   #5
cool bird

cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road
He could be right. I for one am waiting for Candna next week before i make on judgement on to who will win the US OPEN.
And by the way where the hell is MOMO
cool bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:51 AM   #6
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
That's a relief. If he had picked Kim, I would have panicked.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:52 AM   #7
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
no i would say venus is the favourite.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:52 AM   #8
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposablehero
That's a relief. If he had picked Kim, I would have panicked.
LOL
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:53 AM   #9
country flag VeNuS#1LoVa

Ok,ok, if you were talking to me, I'll try not to bash Hardenne. I wouldn't pick her as the favorite, never, but I do think she is a contender. I still think when it comes down to it, the finals, the nerves, the Americans, Justine will not win. My pick is Venus, but that is out of hope. If she wins Toronto, I'd say she'll win it, but we'll have to see.

Serena Williams
2007 Australian Open
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:53 AM   #10
country flag VeNuS#1LoVa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
no i would say venus is the favourite.
AMEN!

Serena Williams
2007 Australian Open
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:55 AM   #11
country flag VeNuS#1LoVa

BTW, I think Wertheim is the worst tennis analyst. He spends one year around the tur and thinks he knows everything. If I met him, I'd probably hit him.

Serena Williams
2007 Australian Open
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:55 AM   #12
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Doesn't this guy have an 0-3 record for picking Grand Slam winners for the women? If I am correct, he said that Kim would win the AO (Serena did), Kim would win the FO (Justine did) and Kim or Justine would win Wimbeldon ( Serena did). Now he is picking Justine to win the USO. This can only be good news for Venus because with the media attention off of her, she can concentrate on her game and quitely move through the draw. We know that Justine doesn't like the press and she definitely isn't going to like the added media spotlight once the USO rolls around. Plus we also know that Venus plays much better when she ranked lower than other top players.
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:57 AM   #13
country flag vs1

vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold
Venus is my personal favourite.

I'm also hoping that Monica is back and healthy and will be motivated to squeeze one more slam title out.

I wouldn't mind Kim getting her first slam at USO also.

I would rather Justine not win (to keep tennis exciting...since everyone seems to want different winners. )

Here comes the sun

It's alright

You can come on out

SERENA WILLIAMS - 2005 AUSTRALIAN OPEN CHAMPION!!!

OFFICIAL BISHOP OF THE ROYAL COURT!

Andy_ & I are Zelda's Guys of the Decade!!!
vs1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:58 AM   #14
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
media attention is never off Venus, especially when she plays the US Open... the guy is nobody for media to take his words and a really good prediction. Venus IS the favourite.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 02:11 AM   #15
liuxuan

liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
Doesn't this guy have an 0-3 record for picking Grand Slam winners for the women? If I am correct, he said that Kim would win the AO (Serena did), Kim would win the FO (Justine did) and Kim or Justine would win Wimbeldon ( Serena did). Now he is picking Justine to win the USO. This can only be good news for Venus because with the media attention off of her, she can concentrate on her game and quitely move through the draw. We know that Justine doesn't like the press and she definitely isn't going to like the added media spotlight once the USO rolls around. Plus we also know that Venus plays much better when she ranked lower than other top players.
lol, i take it this guy isnt a Williams fan then.

Anyway, Justine sure isnt the favourite for the US Open.

Venus is very obviously the favourite - ooohh, im so excited that Venus is gonna start collecting slams again!!
liuxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote