Since Serena is out of the US Open... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 4th, 2003, 11:21 PM   #1
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
Since Serena is out of the US Open...

... should Venus to team up with someone else to play doubles?

maybe Anna K? or Martina H? (if they play) or Jennifer?

I thought that would be awesome and some kind of subsitution of Serena's absence... I would even say it will generate more interest than when Venus/Serena team plays.
Advertisement

Old Aug 4th, 2003, 11:23 PM   #2
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
Venus wouldnt do that....Serena yes, but Venus no.

and plus, she should play as little as possible with her ab strain
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 11:24 PM   #3
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
she's been out of action for about 2 months... it's enough for that kind of injury.
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 11:26 PM   #4
country flag Ting

Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenn_ace
... should Venus to team up with someone else to play doubles?

maybe Anna K? or Martina H? (if they play) or Jennifer?

I thought that would be awesome and some kind of subsitution of Serena's absence... I would even say it will generate more interest than when Venus/Serena team plays.
If Anna K and Martina H both played they would team up with each other in the doubles!
Ting is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 11:26 PM   #5
country flag tenn_ace

Maria Sharapova would be an awesome partner... in terms of TV ratings and crowd interest
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 11:27 PM   #6
country flag tenn_ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LleytonKimRULE
If Anna K and Martina H both played they would team up with each other in the doubles!
I'd love that but both of them have been out of serious action for months... could they survive competition?
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 11:31 PM   #7
country flag Ting

Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenn_ace
I'd love that but both of them have been out of serious action for months... could they survive competition?
I don't think they could. I'd love that too!
But they'd certainly attract the crowd!
Ting is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 11:35 PM   #8
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
I think it would be fantastic for the tour if Venus and Martina H teamed up. But given Venus health, I don't think now is a good idea for her.
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 11:49 PM   #9
liuxuan

liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future
I think Alex will be begging Venus to team up in doubles with her, but Venus would probably tell her to fluck off.

Maybe she would play mixed with Max Myrni, or Jonas Bjorkman. I would be surprised if Venus played mixed this year. She used to love it.
liuxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 12:03 AM   #10
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
I doubt Venus would play doubles, even if Serena wasn't injured, just because of her own injury.

As to saying the injury is healed after 2 months is not true. This type of injury, depending on how serious it is, can take several months, even a half a year, to heal. We don't know how serious it is, so, who is to judge when she'll be ready.

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:55 AM   #11
country flag tenn_ace

the consensus here is that Venus wouldn't play even if she is healthy... and the strange thing is that it comes from her fans who should love to see their favourite player in action. I'm always excited to see mine.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:58 AM   #12
cool bird

cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by liuxuan
I think Alex will be begging Venus to team up in doubles with her, but Venus would probably tell her to fluck off.

Maybe she would play mixed with Max Myrni, or Jonas Bjorkman. I would be surprised if Venus played mixed this year. She used to love it.
Yeah i think Alex is like this tag a long who get on Venus nerves. But there Mums are friends (althought isnt Alex mum a bit mad) And Alex and Serena are Friends.

I think Vensu should try and grab Kim they would make a good doubles pair
cool bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 02:21 AM   #13
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Venus needs to sit til the injury is totally healed, and then sit another week after that. I hope she can play New Haven, but I think she can win the Open without a tune-up. No one can touch her on hardcourts.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 02:24 AM   #14
liuxuan

liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool bird
Yeah i think Alex is like this tag a long who get on Venus nerves. But there Mums are friends (althought isnt Alex mum a bit mad) And Alex and Serena are Friends.

Samantha Stevenson is a complete nutcase! A few years ago she allegedy wanted to "knock Pam shrivers head off because she trashed alex's game on tv"

And ive also heard that Alex's father could be anyone of a range of football teams.
liuxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 02:46 AM   #15
cool bird

cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road
Well to be fair who here has not wanted to knock Pam block off at some point.
So I can understand that
cool bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote