Flying With Your Racquets - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 4th, 2003, 11:57 PM   #1
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
Flying With Your Racquets

sry if there's a thread already, but it wouldn't let me search....
o, btw, im back now in case anyone noticed/wondered/cared. i have been in hawaii the last few weeks where connection fees on all the islands are completely bogus. but i missed all of you... how lucky we are to have this site... i had to watch the "bottom line" on the espn channels to just find out who advanced (they left out half the field).

anyway, back to my subject. i flew with 3 of my racquets, and i packed them extremely carefully in a large suitcase and wrapped them in beach towels. they were fine and had no damage upon my arrival in kona... (the mauna lani tennis facility is spectacular, btw... GO THERE) and i played there for a week, packed my bags and flew to maui, where everything was okay too. but once i got back to new york, i unpacked my bags to find that my yonex had a crack all the way through the lower part of the frams (near the throat)... so i called it in and they said that they don't replace damaged goods under certain circumstances. i understood that because they can't replace everyone's stuff that gets broken, but i just wanted to check, i guess.

so what im asking is, what did i do wrong (if anything) in packing my bags? anyone else with a similar situation? what have you done? i have always packed them this way and have flown all over with no problem.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 12:29 AM   #2
country flag KindaNice

KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold
How unfortunate for you! Can I ask a question...why didn't you just carry them on in your tennis bag? I ALWAYS carry them on. One...I don't trust the baggage handlers...and Two...since they ARE REGISTERED weapons (hehe)...I am required to keep them on me at all times...hehe
KindaNice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 05:36 PM   #3
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
well all my flights were overbooked, so i knew that they wouldn't be lenient on extra carry-ons. you are allowed 2 pieces of luggage, and i needed to carry things for school and things to prevent boredom from the long ride.i figured that if i packed them carefully into a suitcase, they'd be safer than me lugging them around.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote