The I miss Serena Williams thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 1st, 2003, 08:10 PM   #1
Serendy Willick

Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of
The I miss Serena Williams thread

It stinks, and boy how it will be very irritating when Kim Clisjster takes the number one that Serena has busted her azz for all year and a half. My only consulation is to see Serena beat the tar outta her and Justine and the rest of the field at the US Open and to piss everyone on this board off. Please get well soon Serena

P.S. Now I see how the Seles fans feel about their girl
Serendy Willick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 1st, 2003, 08:46 PM   #2
country flag Mr. Man

Mr. Man has disabled reputation
Miss you Serena!

Venus & Serena: "You are my everything."

- Official Duke of the Royal Court -
Mr. Man is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 03:06 AM   #3
shannon

shannon is an unknown quantity at this point shannon is an unknown quantity at this point
Serena Williams undergoes surgery, will miss U.S. Open

August 1, 2003

LOS ANGELES (Ticker) - World No. 1 Serena Williams will be unable to defend her U.S. Open title after undergoing surgery Friday to repair a partially torn tendon in her left knee.

Williams is expected to recover fully from the procedure but will be sidelined six to eight weeks. The U.S. Open, the final Grand Slam of the season, begins August 25 in New York.

Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Rodney Gabriel repaired the mid-portion of Williams' left quadriceps tendon.

"Serena has suffered from quadriceps tendinitis of her left knee for many years, which has been controlled with medication and physical therapy treatments," Gabriel said. "She recently developed pain that, although improved with treatment, increased whenever she resumes tennis activities."

Williams has withdrawn from all of her tournaments since winning Wimbledon. She was expected to return just in time for the U.S. Open, an event she also captured in 1999.

"Secondary to an acute injury, an MRI evaluation of her left knee was performed, which demonstrated a partial tear in the mid-portion of her quadriceps tendon," Gabriel explained. "Surgical treatment of her partial quadriceps tendon rupture was recommended."

Williams has won five of the last six Grand Slams and owns a 42-3 match record this season, capturing four of the seven tournaments she has entered. She is a remarkable 34-0 on surfaces other than clay in 2003.

Get well Serena.
shannon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 12:22 AM   #4
aisha

aisha has a reputation beyond repute aisha has a reputation beyond repute aisha has a reputation beyond repute aisha has a reputation beyond repute aisha has a reputation beyond repute aisha has a reputation beyond repute aisha has a reputation beyond repute aisha has a reputation beyond repute aisha has a reputation beyond repute aisha has a reputation beyond repute aisha has a reputation beyond repute

I do feel sorry for the field when she returns.

Kuzy/Vika/Sharacoco?!?

clay season will ALWAYS be the speed bump in front of the grass season.

Tennis without Serena is like cornflake without the milk!
aisha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 12:52 AM   #5
Susie
Team WTAworld
Administrator

Susie is an unknown quantity at this point Susie is an unknown quantity at this point Susie is an unknown quantity at this point Susie is an unknown quantity at this point Susie is an unknown quantity at this point Susie is an unknown quantity at this point Susie is an unknown quantity at this point Susie is an unknown quantity at this point Susie is an unknown quantity at this point
Get well soon Serena!
Susie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote