I don't get it - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 30th, 2003, 11:39 AM   #1
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute
I don't get it

The LA assault case!

So the only guy to be sentenced is the one who made the video?

You see the man beating up the kid, geee, I wonder if he did it.

The incident is not reported, but it's clear on the tape that it happened. Gee, I wonder if the officer filed a false report...

And if a jury is plit 7/5, doesn't that mean they have a majority and therefore a verdict?
Advertisement

Old Jul 30th, 2003, 11:44 AM   #2
country flag ~ The Leopard ~

~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beggin' Beguine
And if a jury is plit 7/5, doesn't that mean they have a majority and therefore a verdict?
Basically, a jury has to be unanimous.
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 03:57 PM   #3
country flag Josh
Team WTAworld
Administrator
aka Nibbler

Josh has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jouissant
Basically, a jury has to be unanimous.
I don't know the American system but in Belgium the jury decides with a majority vote. In case of a 6/6 the verdict is not guilty, in case of a 7/5 it's up to the judges to add their votes.
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 03:59 PM   #4
country flag decemberlove

decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute
the whole thing is absolutely disgusting. i think some of the jurors were paid off and the prosecutors just didnt give one shit about the case. how can anyone let those fuckers go? its on TAPE!

police get away with far too much, its time to stop it.

....This is fucked up, fucked up....

This is your blind spot, blind spot.
It should be obvious, but it's not.

You cannot kickstart a dead horse
You just crush yourself and walk away
I don't care what the future holds
Cause I'm right here in your arms today
With your fingers you can touch me

I'll be your black swan, black swan
I'm for spare parts, broken up.

decemberlove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 04:00 PM   #5
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute
In America, it has to be unanimous.

and the same thing happened in the Rodney King case 11 years ago. It has to do with desensitation (if you see someone gettin' their ass kicked repeatedly, it has no effect on you over time) and the feeling that the kid did something to deserve the beating. You could also add race to the equation.

"I believe in being polite, you know. In life, the elevator goes both ways, up and down."
-- Roger Federer

like my av? want one like it?
Cariaoke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 04:03 PM   #6
country flag decemberlove

decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, ONE black juror

bullshit

....This is fucked up, fucked up....

This is your blind spot, blind spot.
It should be obvious, but it's not.

You cannot kickstart a dead horse
You just crush yourself and walk away
I don't care what the future holds
Cause I'm right here in your arms today
With your fingers you can touch me

I'll be your black swan, black swan
I'm for spare parts, broken up.

decemberlove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 04:04 PM   #7
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute
that is bullshit... this was in Inglewood, no?

they could only find one black person?

"I believe in being polite, you know. In life, the elevator goes both ways, up and down."
-- Roger Federer

like my av? want one like it?
Cariaoke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote