Alicia v's Maleeva - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 29th, 2003, 05:02 AM   #1
aussie_stars

aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold
Alicia v's Maleeva

How do you think she will go?

I think she has a good chance, it is certainly winable. It looks like she found good form in the last 2 sets against Haynes, so hopefully she will do well.
aussie_stars is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 29th, 2003, 05:07 AM   #2
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
she took maleeva to 3 sets at RG this year, most people expceted alicia to win that, even me but clay is alicia's worst surface (or it is meant to be) and she took maleeva to 3 on that surface and maleeva took a set of clijsters 6-0 in what i think was the 4th round.

alicia has a good chance here.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 06:00 AM   #3
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
Naturally i hope she wins . . . but she will need to start alot better against Maleeva then Haynes

Alicia has a really good chacne here to cement herself in hte top 30 - as she doesnt have many points to defend in the rest of the year

This match is really winable and aslong as she serves well and doesnt make unnecessay errors she should win quite convincingly

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 07:03 AM   #4
country flag SpikeyAidanm
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
Well Alicia beat Maleeva (when she was ranked 15) at the US Open 2001, and I agree Alicia has improved immensely since. Alicia knows what to do after losing to Maggie at the French and she must gain confidence after playing and winning a match on centre court (vs Haynes).

Maleeva is consistent so it will be up to Alicia to whether she wins or loses this match. But in reality, this is a match that she's gotta take advantage of. She really has a chance to grab some nice quality pts, so good luck Alicia!

PREDICTION: Molik bts Maleeva (10) 6-7(7), 6-2, 6-3
SpikeyAidanm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 07:06 AM   #5
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
As Gowza sayed Alicia took Maggie to 3 sets at Rg on Maggis Fav surfaces hard is defiently Alicias fav surfaces plus Alica has a match win under her belt and that will defiently give her confidense
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 07:39 AM   #6
country flag aussiefan83

aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice
Great chance here for Molik. Lets hope she can take her chances
aussiefan83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 11:56 AM   #7
country flag Elleke

Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all
I want Alicia to win this one.. But Maggie is never an easy opponent, Alicia needs to play good tennis, but she can win this one..
Good Luck Alicia

Elleke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 02:22 PM   #8
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
Without doubt Alicia has the ability to win this one. However, Maleeva is a wily appointment so result could go either way.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 12:29 AM   #9
country flag kell

kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough
C'mon Alicia!

ALICIA FOR PRIME MINISTER
kell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 10:50 AM   #10
country flag Aussie_Kim

Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all
Best of luck to Alicia for her match against Maleeva.
GOOD LUCK
I'm quite a big fan of Alicia, she's definetly my favourite Aussie and I've seen her play at the Hopman Cup the last two years where she has played very well.

Best of Luck in 2007 to: Kim & Bryan, Lleyton, Alicia, Todd, Sam, Chris, Casey, Wayne, Kirsten & all the other Aussies & injured players.
Aussie_Kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 10:43 PM   #11
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
she got smashed 6-1 6-3
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 10:45 PM   #12
country flag azza

if she got this win the she would of made it to the quarterfinals because Capriati retired against Likovsteva and Molik has beaten Likhovsteva twice this year once on hard and once on grass ( nasdaq open and wimveldon )

Quarterfinal Points gone begging
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 12:04 AM   #13
aussie_stars

aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold
wow that is a bad result for alicia.

bad luck.
aussie_stars is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 05:25 AM   #14
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Some of you definitely expect a lot out of Alicia that's for sure....maybe a bit too much. Sure she's going places this year, but let's not get ahead of ourselves

She's yet to achieve even a quarter of what Maggie has in her career, so this result should hardly be considered a surprise.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 08:02 AM   #15
country flag Mattographer
Also known as AlexSydney

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
I expected Maggie would won and she did.

After winning Birmingham and she (Maggie) told that she feeling like back to old forms again which she played better in back then.

This is my signature. Pretty neat, isn't it?
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote