What would you do in this situation? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 08:24 AM   #1
Kirt12255

Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute
Question What would you do in this situation?

My sister has just got herself a new house and was looking at putting a pool in her back yard.

Only problem is that behind the bushes down the back she has found a small pet cemetery. There are 2 crosses with the pets names "Mockie, Fino and Defer"..all with R.I.P on them, and also a plaque mounted on a stone for "Charlie" which reads "we will miss you forever".

Now if it isn't freaky enough having a small cemetery in your'e back yard, it would have to be escavated to fit the new pool in.

Being a pet lover she doesn't know what to do...she wants to leave them, her hubby says pull it all up.

What do you all think?

Do animals deserve the right to lie in their burrial place? I wouldn't touch them personally LOL

I suggested they get a smaller pool, however the pool they are looking at it extremely cheap for it's size.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 08:28 AM   #2
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
maybe try to track down the former owners of the pets and house and ask them what they want (at least I assume they are still living)

just a suggestion. I am not even sure I would do that myself(I am not so brave)
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 08:44 AM   #3
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
i'd leave them and let the animals lie their in peace. that's a pet lover speaking.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 08:44 AM   #4
Kirt12255

Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by irma
maybe try to track down the former owners of the pets and house and ask them what they want (at least I assume they are still living)

just a suggestion. I am not even sure I would do that myself(I am not so brave)
good point will pass that on ty
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 09:15 AM   #5
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
I would try what Irma said..try to track the former owners.

If you can't find them: just remove the graves and dig your pool..you'll probably won't find much more then a few bones.
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 09:17 AM   #6
country flag F-R-E-A-K

F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute
pull them out.
F-R-E-A-K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 09:29 AM   #7
Kirt12255

I prolly should have made this a poll LOL....if it was me I would leave them there....mind you I have seen the Horror-Flick Pet Cemetery....I'd sell the house and move elsewhere LOL (joking)
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 01:01 PM   #8
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute
if they move dead PEOPLE to build subdivisions, why hesitate to do the same with pets? Do what irma said, if she's really an animal lover and if there's no contact, build your pool. It's still her property, correct? Contact animal control, also.

"I believe in being polite, you know. In life, the elevator goes both ways, up and down."
-- Roger Federer

like my av? want one like it?
Cariaoke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 01:27 PM   #9
Kirt12255

Quote:
Originally Posted by cariosity
if they move dead PEOPLE to build subdivisions, why hesitate to do the same with pets? Do what irma said, if she's really an animal lover and if there's no contact, build your pool. It's still her property, correct? Contact animal control, also.
I don't know....both mine and Andrea's views have been about childrens first pets...we don't know of course....that in itself must throw caution to the wind?
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 01:32 PM   #10
country flag Ting

Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute
can they move those to another place?

So this is love, Mmmmmm
So this is love
So this is what makes life divine
I'm all aglow, Mmmmmm
And now I know
The key to all heaven is mine
My heart has wings, Mmmmmm
And I can fly
I'll touch every star in the sky
So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of
Mmmmmm
Mmmmmm
So this is love

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep, in dreams you lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for, you keep

Ting is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 01:53 PM   #11
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute
I'd build the pool. The owners of the pets had to do something with them, couldn't very well give them with the trash. We used to bury our pets in our garden, but my parents would never tell us where. If these people really cared about visiting the 'graves', they should have buried them in a pet graveyard. You can't just bury your pets somewhere and expect them to remain there forever.
Besides, how will the previous owners ever know?
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 04:33 PM   #12
country flag Dahveed
Supposed Former
Administrator

Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute
Oh better have a pool than a pet cemetery, i mean it's a bit more entertaining
Dahveed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 06:36 PM   #13
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cariosity

Ah sometimes they don't move the people cemetaries!! Didn't you watch Poltergeist??
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:05 PM   #14
country flag Colin B

Colin B is a name known to all Colin B is a name known to all Colin B is a name known to all Colin B is a name known to all Colin B is a name known to all Colin B is a name known to all Colin B is a name known to all Colin B is a name known to all Colin B is a name known to all Colin B is a name known to all Colin B is a name known to all
I have buried several hamsters and a much loved cat in our back garden (before some clown accuses me of cruelty; yes, they were dead!) , so this thread got me thinking about how we will feel about the grave (only the cat's is marked), when we eventually move house.

My conclusion: When you move, everything you leave behind becomes the property of the new owners, to do with as they please. As DeuceDiva says, if the previous owners had wished to, they could have had the remains re-interred.

So your sister should not be deterred from disinterring! But a word of caution: I once dug up a goat, well advanced in the process of decomposition and..............'ewww' doesn't come close!

William Shakespeare (anticipating George W Bush?)
Colin B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:49 PM   #15
country flag decemberlove

decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute
i know here, its actually illegal to bury your pets in yur backyard. they are supposed to go to a pet cemetry, but those places are entirely shady and all about the moola. so fuck them.

is there somewhere else to bury them in the yard? if not, try to get in contact withthe previous owners, if you cant, oh well. pull them out. we have my beloved doggie, my parents previous dog, a cat, some fish, and a baby bird we had tried to nurse back to health but failed in our backyard. we havea huge backyard thou, and all of them are buried towards the edge of our property, all marked, so they will never interfere with future plans. if we moved, wed definitely take the dogs with us. thou they are prolly all bones by now.

....This is fucked up, fucked up....

This is your blind spot, blind spot.
It should be obvious, but it's not.

You cannot kickstart a dead horse
You just crush yourself and walk away
I don't care what the future holds
Cause I'm right here in your arms today
With your fingers you can touch me

I'll be your black swan, black swan
I'm for spare parts, broken up.

decemberlove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote