Jennifer Capriati, Still Undefeated In Grand Slam Finals - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 06:55 AM   #1
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Jennifer Capriati, Still Undefeated In Grand Slam Finals

Yes, my Girl is 3 and 0 in Grand Slam Finals! What a stat! Go Jen Go!

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 07:39 AM   #2
Jordan.

Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Sweetheart!
Jordan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 02:23 PM   #3
country flag mn73

mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold
7-0 if you include junior singles and doubles!!!

Jelena Jankovic : US Open finalist 2008 and World No. 1

Jennifer Capriati : 3 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1

[center]Rafael Nadal : 10 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1 [/center]
mn73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 02:25 PM   #4
Linton

Linton is an unknown quantity at this point
Good one Jennifer. But i ownt be to long till somebody rocks ure horse. GO JENN KEEP GOING
Linton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 05:00 PM   #5
country flag Nacho

Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute Nacho has a reputation beyond repute
Well, Iva majoli is still undefeated in GS finals too
Nacho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 07:16 PM   #6
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Mark! I forgot about the Jr's et. all! Jennifer 7 and o in G.S. Finals Wa Hoooo!
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:45 PM   #7
country flag Bright Red

Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of
3-0 is the right number. Who cares about the juniors and doubles? Please.

That may be a good record, but when you consider that she's only reached the finals 3 times in over 10 professional years of tennis, even Jennifer Capriati realizes that she needs to do more in order to brag about it. If she achieves a Grand Slam this year, then she can brag about her career. Not before.
Bright Red is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 11:18 PM   #8
country flag Keith

Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future
I dont see your point Bright Red.

Of the top oh, 3o players in the world-I would say only 10 or so have even been in a grand slam final, much less even played a semifinal. Some have been on tour for 10 years as well. So, I think a lot of players would like that Stat in their book than those that have better stats themselves. As far as bragging rights go, Jennifer easily has played the match of the year this year..and arguably one of the best last year as well.
Keith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2002, 12:58 AM   #9
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulations to her I suppose, but to be honest I think the fact that she has reached 3 grand slam finals out of the last 5 (and the semis of the other two) just as impressive.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2002, 01:24 AM   #10
country flag Bright Red

Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of
I see your point Jenny Fan. You could also add that she has reached #1 in the world and a few other things. I'm saying that if you compare Jenny to the best of the best, she's not exceptional. If you still don't understand, just compare her record to Hingis. You'll see, she's no Hingis.
Old Jan 30th, 2002, 01:32 AM   #11
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Two more slams and she will be Bright Red This kick-boxing lass has the "mo"(momentum) on her side. This time last year she was being written off as a one slam wonder. After the French she was "washed up" last fall. Correct, she's no Hingis. Yet. Maybe she never will catch up to Marti, but it will be fun to see her try.
The Capriati, Venus, Hingis and maybe a healthy Davenport) race for slams will be SO fun to see. Who knows, maybe Seles, Serena, or the Belgian girls will get into the act too.
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2002, 01:47 AM   #12
country flag Bright Red

That's what I'm talking about Rollo. Precisely.
Old Jan 30th, 2002, 01:59 AM   #13
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait for the French. Hingis has a good chance there IMO
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2002, 07:18 AM   #14
country flag Barrie_Dude

Oh, I think that this is a very interesting situation we have on the ladies tour. There are 10 ladies that are going to figure very heavily into things. I mean Jen, Venus, Serena, Martina, Monica and Lindsay are very capable of winning any slam. Then there are Kim and Justine who will each win slams before long (maybe this year?) Dokic is ready for a big year. Amilee is capable of beating anyone out there. So it is very competitive out there. Venus may be playing the best, but cannot afford to make any mistakes out there, either as there are a bunch out there that can and will jump it!
Old Jan 30th, 2002, 07:29 AM   #15
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah TOT and so are Chris O'Neill and Barbara Jordan so what you trying to say huh?
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote