Els Callens reaches Tokyo main draw!! :) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 08:33 PM   #1
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute
Els Callens reaches Tokyo main draw!! :)

First she beat Anastasia Myskina (RUS) 6-4 1-6 7-6 (), then Yoon Jeong Cho (KOR) 6-3 6-2 and finally Akiko Morigami (JPN) 7-5 6-1!!!
Well done Elsje!!

She faces Ai Sugiyama in the 1st round.

In doubles Callens is playing with Roberta Vinci against Garbin/Grande. Els & Roby are seeded 4th.

Congrats on reaching the main draw (she fell out of the top-200 this week so she needs the points!!)

&

Good luck Els !!!!
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 08:59 PM   #2
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck, Els Callens

Ai Sugiyama is tougher player and she come from Japan! All crowd will against Els but that is normal!

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 09:05 PM   #3
country flag Josh
Team WTAworld
Administrator
aka Nibbler

Josh has disabled reputation
Talking

YAY! Good luck Els!
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 09:09 PM   #4
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute

Cool pic
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 09:13 PM   #5
country flag The Crow
The hottest straight, goth rocker on the board
Admin Emeritus

The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute
It's great that she reaches main draw (especially beating Myskina), but I still think she should concentrate even more on doubles. Oh well, good luck Els!
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 09:20 PM   #6
Justinator
Team WTAworld

Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road
Well done Els! Good luck against Ai and in doubles with Roberta!

henin.net

henin.net Forum
Justinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 09:53 PM   #7
country flag Come-on-kim

Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute
Come on Els, defend Belgium in this draw, show us that you can go through Ai!!!!!

"When you do your best, it's always good enough" - Kim Clijsters

"No matter what happens, you have to try to stay positive, bad things can happen, but if you try to stay positive, something positive will come out of it…I believe that everything happens for a reason" - Kim Clijsters

"Goed is de ergste vijand van zeer goed" - Pascal Smet

"Als je iemand idealiseert, verlies je het contact met de werkelijkheid"

"Ca s’apprend par la souffrance, ça s’apprend par les déceptions, ça s’apprend par la densité du mal que ça te fait, plus ça te fait mal et plus ça te fait grandir. Y a des moments où tu te dis je ne vais pas le supporter, ça, ça fait trop mal, et pourtant tu passes au travers."
Come-on-kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 12:45 AM   #8
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
There's an error on the TV1 teletext I think..it said Els had beaten two japanese girls...and a chinese or so...they didn't mention Myskina
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 02:26 AM   #9
Justinator
Team WTAworld

Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road Justinator is on a distinguished road
K, I noticed it too. And it really pisses me off.

So typical, doesn't it bother you people all these errors? It's obvious there's not one good tennis journalist in Belgium. We have two of the best tennis players in the world, and you would think they would make at least an effort. But unfortunately their interest in tennis hasn't changed at all. Maybe I'm exagerating, sure there's more tennis on television the last year and a half. But if you take the sports paper, it's just a shame I think. What was it last week in 'Het Nieuwsblad'? <i>Clijsters would be out for about a month, maybe she would be back to defend her title in Stanford</i>??? Come on, what the hell is that? There was another error in that same article, I can't remember at the moment.
Some time ago, Belgian teletext was talking about Davis Cup (when in fact they meant Fed Cup).

henin.net

henin.net Forum
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 12:36 PM   #10
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
It often bothers me to see those stupid errors. I consider myself as a big tennisfan, but I expect those people to be 'experts' well at least they should give the correct information.

How often did I see results on teletext who are reversed?? Then you are happy someone won..you check the dutch teletext and you see the other one won Then I have to check the german one to be sure..lol

No it often pisses me often certainly when it are such obvious mistakes..opponents, scores..that are facts. They should give them correctly.

at least the fans know better..
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 05:59 PM   #11
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
@ Belgium errors things

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 09:12 PM   #12
Justinator
Team WTAworld

So true! I never trust their teletext scores, so I always check on NOS and BBC.

Don't laugh with us Alex! It's a real torture sometimes!

henin.net

henin.net Forum
Old Jan 30th, 2002, 02:27 PM   #13
country flag BelgianGirl

BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice
Els beat Ai! 1-6,6-2,6-4 Well done, Els!
I think she faces Monica now!
Good luck, Els!
BelgianGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2002, 02:41 PM   #14
country flag The Crow
The hottest straight, goth rocker on the board
Admin Emeritus

The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Great win!
Old Jan 30th, 2002, 04:02 PM   #15
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

Seles in round two

well nice win, Els!!!!! back in the top 100 girl!