Maria Sharapova's schedule - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 06:37 PM   #1
country flag mn73

mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold
Maria Sharapova's schedule

Anyone know her next junior events?

Also, having played her first professional event (Apr 01) before her first ITF Junior 18s event (Jul 01), anyone know when she is planning to play a challenger or WTA event again? I presume she can't until she is 15 in April.

Jelena Jankovic : US Open finalist 2008 and World No. 1

Jennifer Capriati : 3 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1

[center]Rafael Nadal : 10 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1 [/center]
mn73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 06:50 PM   #2
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Maria can play some 6 more ITF's until April but she won't play them.
She has played only 1 75K event and she's allowed to play 4 with prize money of greater than 10K

She's hoping to get a WC into qualies in the Ericsson Open.

Probable tourns
Sarasota Open

Juniors ..... probably not until March (maybe Banana Bowl)
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 05:51 PM   #3
country flag mn73

mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold
Great thanks!

I am hoping to follow her career. It always worries me that I am such a huge fan of Jennifer Capriati and that she will be 26 years old this year!?! I was starting to worry that there was nobody else that really got my interest to cheer for!!! Mirjana Lucic seems to be stranded in no-man's land.

How do you know so much about Maria's schedule by the way?

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 06:16 PM   #4

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
I saw her in Australia last week but she didn't give too much out but she's gonna be playing in the big junior events.

Hopefully she will also represent Russia in either U18 event or U16.

She should be playing some more USTA's after her 15th inbetween her junior commitments.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 06:20 PM   #5

One more thing .... she's hoping for a WC into Kremlin Cup, most likely qualies.

but most of those spots are reserved for the girls in the Russian Nationals (after US OPEN).

Winner gets MD WC
Finalist and SF get quali WC
and a 4th one is handed out.
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:09 PM   #6
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Eggy, as far as I know, Maria has never played a team event for Russia. She doesn't even play doubles. I kind of doubt that she will play junior team events. But that remains to be seen.

And I thought IMG would be able to get Maria a maindraw wildcard for the 2002 Ericsson. No?
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:14 PM   #7

she ask to ask for one.

Maria hasn't played as yet but she hasn't been needed in any division as we've had lots of quality stars.

but those Team Comps makes you alot better mentally and gives you self-satisfaction.

Connelly Continental Cup is held in December at Crandon Park, Key Biscayne , so I'm sure if she is picked she will play.

U14 and U16 team comps are played all over the world and Maria has only recently started playing outside the US.
Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:54 PM   #8
country flag mn73

I wonder why she does not play doubles.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 12:25 AM   #9
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
I think Maria doesn't play doubles because it would take too much energy out of her. She's not exactly a strong girl. I hope she does play some doubles in the future. It can only help her overall game.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote