Good one Microsoft!!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 08:11 AM   #1
country flag Fingon

Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute
Good one Microsoft!!!

We all know how Microsoft is always criticised for their products not working properly, being vulnerable etc.

Those critics are right, many of their features suck but, today I could try one of them and it really surprised me how well it worked.

Well, the case I have Norton Antivirus 2002, but also, I have installed Norton System works but an older version that doesn't work with the current version of my OS.

for that reason I decided to unistall Norton system works, but when I did, Norton antivirus stopped working, the stupid unstitall program deleted a file that Norton antivirus was using.

The message said I had to reinstall Norton antivirus and that sucked because I downloaded it from the Symantec web site and it works connecting to their site and downloading the components, so, I didn't have the installation program and I wasn't sure I would be able to get it.

then I remembered one feature: System restore, it's a feature in Windows ME, 2000 and XP that allows you to restore your system to a previous version if something goes wrong.

Well, I did it, and you know what? it worked

I expected it to be able to restore registry keys, but not missing files, and it did, good one Microsoft (for once )
Fingon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote