Why I am proud to be a loyal WILLIAMS fan - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 09:03 PM   #1
TeeRexx

TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
Why I am proud to be a loyal WILLIAMS fan

The meltdown of Martna Hingis at the Aussie Open brought out some interesting events in the tennis world and on this board. Some fans of Hingis began to depart her as rats leaving a sinking ship. This after a loss in a close GS final.

In the meantime, WILLIAMS fans were stronger than ever even after SERENA was unable to compete at Oz and VENUS was eliminated in the quarter finals.
--

---
Even though I would like for the Dynamic Duo to win more GS and Tier titles, I will continue to support them even when times are bad for them as it was in the first part of 2000. VENUS and SERENA are talented, attractive and intelligent people who you would like to support as a fan and to have as friend.

Those are some of my reasons for being a WILLIAMS fan. What about you?

Go SERENA!
Go VENUS !

Last edited by TeeRexx : Jan 27th, 2002 at 09:13 PM.
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 12:29 AM   #2
QueenO

QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice QueenO is just really nice
Well Said Tee Rexx
<marquee>I'm always proud of our girls </marquee>

Venus and Serena are the BEST, look out French Open
FAN for LIFE
QueenO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 12:44 AM   #3
Carlitos

Carlitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Very good formulation Tee Rexx!
I hope they will get well soon because I miss them very much on tour.Good luck for Venus and Serena at the French Open!

Go Venus and Serena!
Carlitos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 12:52 AM   #4
Rubylips

Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice
SO TRUE.A co-worker ask me the other day ,why the player's play so hard to beat ,the williams ,but when it comes to other's they play different.Karen said to her, ,it seems like they happy if the lose the final,as long as they go down as beaten a williams.?I never though of that, but it's sound good to me.
Rubylips is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 01:49 AM   #5
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
TeeRexx, you're whacking the Hingis fans when they're down. 48 hours after what had to be a devastating loss for them is not the time to expect blind, total loyalty.

Besides, we Williams fans have seen V & S win five GS titles since the last time Martina won one. It's easier for us to chill out when misfortune hits.
Volcana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 02:21 AM   #6
Jordan.

Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road
Thank you Volcana.
Jordan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 02:52 AM   #7
TeeRexx

TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
Volcana - I am not thrashing Hingis fans, I am stating my opinion. I liked VENUS and SERENA when I saw them play exhibitions as children and when they had initially turned pro and had won nothing and most "experts" said that they didn't have what it takes to be winners on the tour.
I like these two people because who they are and how they play rather than if they just had a GS win lately. I guess you weren't around in early 2000 when VENUS was out for 6 months and some really believed that she may not be able to play well or might actually retire. well, I was still a fan of hers during that time as well.
At least Hingis made it to the final at OZ. Williams fans should be the ones crying in their beers, not the Marti followers.
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 03:23 AM   #8
country flag Martian KC

Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute
I am no rat, I am just abit disappointed.
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 04:01 AM   #9
TeeRexx

kc - I know you are no rat and I think I did say some fans. The word is a metaphor for those who abandon a cause during time of crisis.
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 04:34 AM   #10
moon

moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute
I'm proud to be a fan of Venus and Serena because they are beautiful, on the inside and outside, and their beauty radiates and spreads to those around them.

They are well adjusted and smart, and they both kick ass on the tennis court.

It's a pleasure for me to cheer them on, no matter what the circumstances.
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 06:13 AM   #11
MartianJoeyWinson

I thoroughly disagree. I have to say that Martina's fans are incredibly loyal. We've had to have been to have gone what we've been through this past three years, but we keep going, it's hope that spurs us on. The glory supporters have now gone as there has been no real glory, only those who still belive and truly yearn for better days stay on, and still in large numbers. Eventually Martina will prove her insistent critics wrong, and we as fans can stop being so inanely oppressed, just because we are very depressed after a deeply heartbreaking loss. I think Martina fans on this board have shown great resolve. Some less so, but we can do without them, as we know our faith isn't blind faith.

The ship may be a way behind, but it damn well isn't sunk yet.

Anyway, stay loyal folks...
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 06:32 AM   #12
country flag gorecki

gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute
Nice one Joey!

<font size=1> <B>we are afflicted in every way but not crushed
perplexed but not driven to despair
persecuted but not forsaken
constantly struck down but never destroyed</B>
I'm going out, I'm going to drink myself to death
And in the crowd I see you with someone else
I brace myself 'cause I know it's going to hurt
But I like to think at least things can't get any worse
[center]
gorecki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 10:02 AM   #13
TeeRexx

As a Williams fan, I am glad to just see my favs play well, because I feel that they will get more wins eventually. But more so, I am a fan of the players, not just their wins.
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 01:55 PM   #14
country flag Williams Rulez
Team WTAworld

Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute
Martians are invading Venus!!

That said, I think that Williams fans are one of the most loyal fans around. Martina fans are very loyal as well!!

I shall always remain loyal to Venus and Serena!!

Mary : Monica : Svetlana : Sania : Jennifer : Amelie
Roddick : Grosjean : David : Djokovic
Williams Rulez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2002, 02:16 PM   #15
TeeRexx

WR - Yes everyone seems to keep an eye on the fabulous WILLIAMS and their fans.
Probably trying to find out why we are so loyal and upbeat.