Anna Tchakvetadze Fan Club - Page 207 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 29th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #3091
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anna Tchakvetadze Fan Club

There was an article posted in GM in which Carlos Rodriguez shares his thoughts on several players including Anna:

~
Rodriguez spent a little time this past summer working with former world No. 4 Anna Chakvetadze but couldn't make it work with the Russian, who has spiraled downward to No. 12. On the outside, Chakvetadze appears to have all the ingredients that Rodriguez would like: foot speed, soft hands, the ability to take the ball on the rise and smarts. But he couldn't get through to the 21-year-old.

"Anna seems like she wants to work, but I told her, at the end of the day, deep inside of you, you don't want to try to go further and to push yourself more to succeed," he said. "I cannot help you if you don't have the will to do something, even if I'm the best or worst coach in the world. She has the talent. But she's really confused as to what she needs to do to succeed to do to become a No. 1 or No. 2 player in the world. She's not ready to make the sacrifices it takes to go to the top, there's not question about it. A champion is one inside and outside the court, and when you take Anna outside the court, she's really a disaster."

Full article: Fox Sports

~

He's quite frank about Anna in this interview. In fact, saying she's a disaster outside the court could be seen as offensive.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 29th, 2008, 07:39 PM   #3092
country flag charlieluvtennis

charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of charlieluvtennis has much to be proud of

thats not nice to say, Carlos!

Getting married to my girlfriend! 12/9/14
charlieluvtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2008, 05:19 AM   #3093
Iggy

Iggy is just really nice Iggy is just really nice Iggy is just really nice Iggy is just really nice Iggy is just really nice Iggy is just really nice Iggy is just really nice Iggy is just really nice Iggy is just really nice Iggy is just really nice Iggy is just really nice

Wow, that was pretty blunt. Do you guys think that he's right? I do think that Anna's struggles are more mental than physical.
Iggy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2008, 07:52 AM   #3094
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, Anna's struggles (like one of my other faves, Nicole) seem to be largely mental. But sometimes I think the best way to coax a positive mental attitude out of a person is not to straight out tell them how much they are struggling with it, but the opposite. That is, you act like you are completely sure that, deep down, she has the mental strength to do it, like you believe it's inevitable that she will figure it out in time. Like you know she's a champion who will rise eventually. When you show such belief in her, she will (hopefully) eventually come to act like the person you believe she is deep down. I mean, if you have a positive image of her, won't she want to live up to it? So I think telling her that (while there is some truth in it, given her talent and lack of recent results) is not productive. So, in conclusion... Anna let me coach you! I'll be much nicer to you than that guy I promise...
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote