Anna Tchakvetadze Fan Club - Page 101 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 03:07 PM   #1501
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
I was impressed with how Anna played in England.
I thought she was behind Kirilenko and Linetskaya.
But I now think Anna can be a regular member of the top 20, and maybe a YEC player now and then.

She is very close now. She made a huge forward move this year to get to #33.
She just has to keep working, keep her focus.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 02:18 PM   #1502
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
This article is good. I wanted to post it again -

Chakvetadze gains semis despite jitters
NEW HAVEN — Djambuli Chakvetadze sat in the corner of the Court 2 bleachers and showed the nerves of an anxious father.

He sat next to his daughter’s coach, Karl Alljuarin, and took long, deliberate drags off a cigarette.

Anna Chakvetadze was serving for her quarterfinal match against Jie Zheng and started to repeat some faulty steps that almost cost her the first set.

The daughter inherited her father’s nerves. She looked up at him, then the sky, took a deep breath and proceeded to hold serve to solidify her first WTA semifinal appearance with a 6-4, 6-4 Pilot Pen Tennis tournament victory over Zheng on Thursday at the Connecticut Tennis Center at Yale.

She advances to face Lindsay Davenport today on Stadium Court.

"I was nervous. I know it showed," Chakvetadze said. "I’ve never been in this position before. When you play tennis in Russia, there is this certain intensity. There is emotion. And then there are nerves."

The nerves weren’t just a product of Chakvetadze’s match with Zheng. It has been that type of season for the 18-year-old Moscow product. Chakvetadze started the year without a coach, and then she found Alljuarin, who has been working with her for the past five months.

But the nerves stem from youth, and ambition from her heritage. Chakvetadze said she understands the pressure of being a female Russian tennis player. Everyone expects to become the top player. Few achieve that lofty distinction.

"It’s very much like America," Chakvetadze said. "That’s why tournaments are never easy. That’s why tennis is not easy."

Chakvetadze coasted through the first set and broke Zheng’s serve three times to take a 5-1 lead. Zheng then ripped off three straight games. Chakvetadze had trouble with her serve, double-faulting twice on set point at 5-3 to force deuce. Zheng held serve, then pushed Chakvetadze again before the Russian laced a baseline forehand for the first set.

As Chakvetadze finally settled down, Zheng unraveled late in the second set. Down 4-3, a series of unforced errors allowed Chakvetadze to run away with the final three games to secure a semifinal appearance.

She said she doesn’t want to think about the success of other Russian tennis players. Chakvetadze only cares about her performance, her possible jump up the rankings and, with stoic sincerity, added, "you never know what will happen. You only have to concern yourself with you."

After the win, Chakvetadze didn’t smile. She walked off the court and kissed her father on each cheek.

Then they exhaled.

Old Nov 28th, 2005, 02:11 PM   #1503
country flag pascalre

pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future
pascalre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 03:24 PM   #1504
country flag goldenlox

Anna has very little to defend before the French Open.
In 2005, she lost in the Sydney qualies and round 2 of the AO.
No reason why Anna can't get her ranking into the 20's in Australia.

Old Dec 10th, 2005, 11:31 AM   #1505
country flag daniela86

daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox
Anna has very little to defend before the French Open.
In 2005, she lost in the Sydney qualies and round 2 of the AO.
No reason why Anna can't get her ranking into the 20's in Australia.
I agree,Anna is 32th this week (since Mirza lost 2 places coz she didn't defend the points she gained last year in a challenger) so she should be seeded at the OZ Open.I definitly think she can do something nice there and reach the top 20
Sydney will be her 1st tournament in 2006.Good luck Anna!
Bencic~~Voegele~~Jankovic~~Zvonareva~~Karolina and Krystina Pliskova ~~Giorgi
daniela86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2005, 05:10 PM   #1506
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniela86
I agree,Anna is 32th this week (since Mirza lost 2 places coz she didn't defend the points she gained last year in a challenger)
That's cool, didn't notice that. Molik will fall below her pretty soon as well so Anna's kinda in 31st already. Not adjusted for bonus point removal of course.

Can't wait for the new season.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2005, 05:17 PM   #1507
country flag goldenlox

Now Anna can't be satisfied with being seeded at the majors.
It's a great accomplishment, but she can go much further up the ladder.

Old Dec 12th, 2005, 07:27 AM   #1508
country flag !!!--Duiz™--!!!
Team WTAworld

!!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute
Good point g-loxsta.... And that brings the opportunity of forth increasing her rank...

Supernova Sharapova

0009..Eternal Follower of Golden Girl
The Official Violin Player in Kirlenko's Orchestra
!!!--Duiz™--!!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 03:46 PM   #1509
country flag pascalre

pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future pascalre has a brilliant future
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #1510
country flag pascalre

Old Dec 15th, 2005, 05:45 AM   #1511
Team WTAworld

!!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute
Nice pictures!! Thanks!

Supernova Sharapova

Old Dec 15th, 2005, 01:18 PM   #1512
country flag pascalre

For a photographer Anna is always a great pleasure, cause she is more than a surface beauty
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 01:23 PM   #1513
country flag BUBI
chaky yo booty

BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute
Where are these pictures from? Anna is so pretty
BUBI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 02:31 PM   #1514
country flag pascalre

I have made them in Luxembourg 2005
Old Dec 16th, 2005, 04:57 AM   #1515
Team WTAworld

Anna!

Supernova Sharapova