Andy Ram/Anastasia Rodionova Cheering Thread! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 4th, 2003, 06:54 PM   #1
country flag polishprodigy

polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute
Andy Ram/Anastasia Rodionova Cheering Thread!

I am amazed at how well Andy Ram is doing in Wimbledon doubles. He lost a close match with Johnathan Erlich in the mens doubles semi-finals, defeating no.2 seeds Daniel Nestor of Canada and Mark Knowles of Bahamas along the way, and is now in the mixed semis with Anastasia. Anastasia must be thrilled to have reached this far. Ram shared $53,780 with Erlich for reaching the mens semis ($26,890 per person) which is just above what a mens singles player would receive for reaching the third round.
SO FAR, Anastasia and Andy have won $22,130 together ($11065 per person), which is just below what a women's player would receive for reaching the second round.

So keep on going Anastasia/Andy!
polishprodigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2003, 08:10 PM   #2
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
Good Luck in next round!!

I have been a fan, since I saw Anastassia in Hamburg last year. (She spell her name with 2 SS's)

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 09:10 PM   #3
country flag oren987

oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by polishprodigy
I am amazed at how well Andy Ram is doing in Wimbledon doubles. He lost a close match with Johnathan Erlich in the mens doubles semi-finals, defeating no.2 seeds Daniel Nestor of Canada and Mark Knowles of Bahamas along the way, and is now in the mixed semis with Anastasia. Anastasia must be thrilled to have reached this far. Ram shared $53,780 with Erlich for reaching the mens semis ($26,890 per person) which is just above what a mens singles player would receive for reaching the third round.
SO FAR, Anastasia and Andy have won $22,130 together ($11065 per person), which is just below what a women's player would receive for reaching the second round.

So keep on going Anastasia/Andy!
Andy is playing great here, I hope he And Anastasia could make it to the Final

Go Andy

good luck to all the Israeli girls

Shahar, Its time to have a good year
oren987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 09:19 PM   #4
CoryAnnAvants#1

CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute
I definitely think the mixed semi between Ram/Rodionova and Kerr/Sequera is one of the best stories at Wimbledon this year. Here are four players struggling at the challenger level and WTA/ATP qualies, barely making ends meet. The highest ranked doubs player here is Sequera and she is ranked #61! Rodionova isn't even ranked in the top 100 for doubles and Ram isn't even ranked in the top 200! Kerr is barely inside the top 70 for mens doubles. Yet here they are, one match away from a Wimbledon final and a date on Center Court, a far cry away from places they usually play like Dothan, Alabama or Taranto, Italy. Very feel-good stuff IMO.
CoryAnnAvants#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 10:40 PM   #5

polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradshaw#1
I definitely think the mixed semi between Ram/Rodionova and Kerr/Sequera is one of the best stories at Wimbledon this year. Here are four players struggling at the challenger level and WTA/ATP qualies, barely making ends meet. The highest ranked doubs player here is Sequera and she is ranked #61! Rodionova isn't even ranked in the top 100 for doubles and Ram isn't even ranked in the top 200! Kerr is barely inside the top 70 for mens doubles. Yet here they are, one match away from a Wimbledon final and a date on Center Court, a far cry away from places they usually play like Dothan, Alabama or Taranto, Italy. Very feel-good stuff IMO.
YUPP! Ram/Erlich were a HUGE surprise in the men's doubles, and he just proved it was no fluke by getting to the semis in mixed too! Another surprise team as well....(who lost to Andy/Anastassia) were Miyagi/Huss.
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 10:49 PM   #6
joz

joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradshaw#1

Yes... this is "very feel-good" It will be huge for either team to move to the final.... and who knows... then it's just one match...
joz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 04:20 PM   #7
country flag oren987

oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of
Anastasia and Andy are in the Final

Andy Ram ISR /Anastassia Rodionova RUS d Jordan Kerr AUS/ Milagros Sequera VEN 6-2 6-3

Last edited by oren987 : Jul 5th, 2003 at 04:28 PM.
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 04:21 PM   #8
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
just a game away now from final
6-2 5-3 up
Ram serving 30-15
40-15
into final 6-2 6-3

Nastya....... great to see her doing so well
and much needed money
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 04:30 PM   #9
country flag Caz

Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of
Wow!! Best of luck to them in the final!!

JOIN THE CHURCH OF PAM ~
Worship the comedy that is tennis!
Caz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 04:51 PM   #10
country flag oren987

Some pics from the game:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001endi.jpg (28.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 014endi.jpg (13.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 017rodinova.jpg (13.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 025endi.jpg (24.8 KB, 23 views)

Old Jul 5th, 2003, 05:23 PM   #11
country flag cellophane

cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic! They must be elated... And thanks for the pics!
cellophane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 08:09 PM   #12
Jordan.

Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road
Yay!!
Jordan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 08:46 PM   #13
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute
Well done Anastassia
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 09:58 PM   #14

Wow, Andy sure has shown his great talent in doubles this year at Wimbledon! Anastassia must be thrilled to have reached the final, they will play on centre court (probably the only time they will ever be on centre court for a grand slam..well I hope not )

GO ANDY/ANASTASSIA! WIN THE TITLE (which will be tough as ppl are gonna chear Navratilova to win)

But I think Andy/Anastassia have a great shot, as the winner of the QF in mixed will be very tired. Plus, Navratilova/Paes will have to play their semi=final and then play the final, so they'll be tired too! And I'm sure that Ram/Rodionova are no pushovers, or else they wouldn't have reached this far!
Old Jul 6th, 2003, 03:02 PM   #15
country flag oren987

Paes and Navratilova (5) to meet Andy and Anastassia in the final