How did the Ferrero match get on Centre Court? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2003, 04:25 PM   #1
jenglisbe

jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold
Question How did the Ferrero match get on Centre Court?

I love me some Ferrero, but how in the hell is he on Centre Court? He's not a fave for the title, and his opponent isn't British. Is Juan Carlos loved in Britain and I don't know about it?

I am just surprised he is on Centre Court over people like Jennifer Capriati (it is ladies' day) and Tim Henman (he is British).
carried the weight on my own
Had to be strong
so I believed
and now I know I've succeeded
in finding the place I conceived
jenglisbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2003, 04:28 PM   #2
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
please stop questioning about schduling, they don't put all the best match on centre court, they have to make sure debentures holders (people who has tickets for centre court all two weeks) get to see different players. TV also pressurise to make sure people get a good mix of players

Ferrero is French Open champion, he will be out pretty soon unfortuneately, so beofre they lose all the big names, they have to put him there.
-Some player has been playing for more than 10 years

visit this thread for more detail
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=397111
wongqks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 04:41 PM   #3
country flag ans

ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of
if I remember it well, he won some tournament two weeks ago
ans is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 04:42 PM   #4
country flag bmxbandit
Team WTAworld

bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of
he is the #3 seed, isn't he?
bmxbandit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 04:47 PM   #5
Frank_Rulez

Frank_Rulez has a little shameless behaviour in the past Frank_Rulez has a little shameless behaviour in the past Frank_Rulez has a little shameless behaviour in the past Frank_Rulez has a little shameless behaviour in the past Frank_Rulez has a little shameless behaviour in the past Frank_Rulez has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i know what u mean.......
coz i dont really care about
men's tennis either...
Frank_Rulez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 04:50 PM   #6
Julian

Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of
Well besides from winning the French Open the Brits know that since Juan Carlos is a spaniard they know that it's a plus to have Juan show up at Wimbledon anyway and decided to make him feel just like he's at home! jk

1989, 1994, 1998 French Open Champion, 1994 U.S. Open Champion
1994, 1995 Australian Open Finalist, 1995, 1996 Wimbledon Finalist
4- Time Olympic Medalist, 5-Time Fed Cup Winning Team, Inducted into Hall of Fame in 2007!!!
Julian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 05:14 PM   #7
tyk101

tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice
erhhh.. cos he played against Henman (who is british) at the FO and beat him?!?!?!
tyk101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 06:16 PM   #8
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
Ferrero will come out of Wimbledon number 2, at the least. And he's a slam champion.

Did you pose the same question for Kim? Who isn't even a slam champ and still got center? Over Venus?
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 06:31 PM   #9
jenglisbe

jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold
We all know the main courts are usually about 2 things:
1. Popularity
2. Ranking
Juan Carlos has the ranking, but I didn't know what is popularity in Britain was, and his past results on grass are less than stellar.

Rebecca - Well, Kim is the #2 seed, popular in Europe, and one of the contenders for the title. I was surprised that Venus was out on Court 2, though, and I did make a post about it
carried the weight on my own
Had to be strong
so I believed
and now I know I've succeeded
in finding the place I conceived
jenglisbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 06:48 PM   #10
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute
They wanted to showcase JUSTINE and JUAN CARLOS as ROLAND GARROS CHAMPS playing at the same time on big courts.
treufreund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 04:48 AM   #11
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglisbe
We all know the main courts are usually about 2 things:
1. Popularity
2. Ranking
Juan Carlos has the ranking, but I didn't know what is popularity in Britain was, and his past results on grass are less than stellar.

Rebecca - Well, Kim is the #2 seed, popular in Europe, and one of the contenders for the title. I was surprised that Venus was out on Court 2, though, and I did make a post about it
Glad to hear that you are being consistent then

Ferrero is popular in Europe, is he not? Although I did notice that there were only about 5 people at his match, but decided to blame it on the Lizzard for producing a boring matchup.

It's worth noting that Ferrero has played every single of his Wimbledon matches (ever) on the two biggest courts. They treat him very well there... even in past years when his ranking didn't really call for it.
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 07:18 AM   #12
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute
They do treat him well at Wimbledon. Most of the big name Spaniards never show up at Wimbledon, I guess they like to reward him for making the effort.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 07:24 AM   #13
country flag Lisbeth

Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice
My guess would be that being ladies' day, they are kindly giving the ladies something nice to look at (and any interested gentlemen, of course!).
Lisbeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 07:26 AM   #14
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute
^ I like your reasoning.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote