Dokic's attitude - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:11 PM   #1
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future
Dokic's attitude

She always looks so disinterested, yet, she plays so many tourney!!!??? is she the male version of Kafelnikov and just doing it for the paycheck???
smarties is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:13 PM   #2
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
Actually I think you struck a nail on the head, she acted just like Y-man today, but she seemed to happy to win, smiling, and pumping her chest!
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

ASAGOE~BOVINA~JANKOVIC~MOLIK
MYSKINA~SCHNYDER~ZVONAREVA

THE YOUNG GUNS

BACSINSZKY~CHAKVATADZE~IVANOVIC
JACKSON~KIRILENKO~LINETSKAYA
MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

BEYGELZIMER~DOKIC~HARKLEROAD
SPREM~VAKULENKO

Dava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:19 PM   #3
oddkayla

oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold oddkayla is a splendid one to behold
I think Jelena plays tennis for the money. I know everyone does, but she more so. The Y-man is actually a good comparison
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:21 PM   #4
Fyndh0rnElf

Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarties
She always looks so disinterested, yet, she plays so many tourney!!!??? is she the male version of Kafelnikov and just doing it for the paycheck???
The thing is pappa Damir claims she doesn't exist, which is always nice for her dauther, and that may have troubled her mind and game the last 6months. But she IS a fighter! Her attitude on court sometimes comes through as desinterested, but that's not true.
Fyndh0rnElf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:26 PM   #5
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
Her attitude today was awful when she served at 1-4 down in the seond set she just hit 4 clean unforced errors due to not having any patience she just gave another break away she didn't even care and then just gave up the set, and was slumping around the court.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:35 PM   #6
country flag Petersmiler
Team WTAworld

Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute
This has actually concerned me for a while. I remember when I first saw her play, the thing that impressed me most was her determination and drive, both of which seem to have escaped her at the moment! Fight girl or even the top twenty won't include you soon!
Petersmiler is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:39 PM   #7
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
You guys saw the match?
I didn't.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:41 PM   #8
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmiler
This has actually concerned me for a while. I remember when I first saw her play, the thing that impressed me most was her determination and drive, both of which seem to have escaped her at the moment! Fight girl or even the top twenty won't include you soon!
I have to agree with you

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:42 PM   #9
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Aaron
You guys saw the match?
I didn't.
Yeah! I finally able to see her match this year for first time!

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:45 PM   #10
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

How did she play?
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:45 PM   #11
country flag Pdm1987

Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of
The commentators mentioned that she used to look as though she was having fun on the court and less fun off it, but now that seems to have been reversed!
Pdm1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:49 PM   #12
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
i think after getting through that she will be fine for the rest of the tournament...atleast win a few more matches as per usual for her at wimby! very proud of the fact she bounced back up and dug deep at the end

ur right...at 1-4 down in set2 her attitude was SH!T...but i hope shes overcome that and believe she has.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:49 PM   #13
country flag Pdm1987

Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Aaron
How did she play?
Poorly! Although she did show a few signs of the old Jelena, as the BBC Commentators pointed out several times, but on the whole she played poorly, and if Elena had got more first serves in, in the 1st set she would have won it!!!
Pdm1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:56 PM   #14
Fyndh0rnElf

Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point Fyndh0rnElf is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, sometimes she doesn't really care! that's true too. She has had matches when she starts well(6-1) loses a break in the second and gives up that set(1-6) and then comes back to win 6-0. Classics include the Conchita and Dementieva vs Dokic 3setters

Dokic vs Dementieva (AmIsland2002) 6-0 6-7 6-1 (on/off/on)

Dokic vs Conchita (Stanford2002) 1-6 6-0 6-1 (off/on)

Dokic vs Kournikova (San Diego02) 6-7 7-6 6-0 (off/on)

Dokic vs Serena x2 6-7 0-6 (gives up) (on/off)

Dokic vs Hingis (1st round 99Wimbledon) 6-2 6-0 (she was motivated)

Dokic vs Venus (Rome2000) 6-1 6-2 (on)

I don't think Hingis was ever thrashed so bad
Fyndh0rnElf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 03:00 PM   #15
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdm1987
Poorly! Although she did show a few signs of the old Jelena, as the BBC Commentators pointed out several times, but on the whole she played poorly, and if Elena had got more first serves in, in the 1st set she would have won it!!!
Thanks.
No signs of new elements in her game? Just poor ball bashing?