Cincinnati 2014: This Time With Less Connors and Bursitis - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 9th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #31
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cincinnati 2014: This Time With Less Connors and Bursitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehan6 View Post
You guys are overacting a bit.That match against CSN was awful and that's an understatement.Even one of the commentators said after all his years commentating on Maria's matches,that this match must have been the worst he's seen Maria play.She will not continue playing as crap as she did in the CSN match.I said in the beginning of the year that 2014 is gonna be a lot like 2011 where she is gonna try to find her form again and next year she'll be making QF at least of all her events again.We are just not used to seeing her lose this early at tournaments,because we were so spoiled in 2012 and 2013 when in only 4-5 tournaments she weren't able to make the QF's.The rest of her tournaments she made QF's and better.She'll be fine.She will continue playing bad tennis combined with some good tennis and sometimes we will she miracles where she beats someone in straight sets under a hour.Just watch Maria make the finals here at Cincinatti.

That's how I see this year as well. And to think she's won a Slam this year with her current form is just incredible.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 9th, 2014, 03:04 PM   #32
country flag wehan6

wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
That's how I see this year as well. And to think she's won a Slam this year with her current form is just incredible.
Exactly.I wouldn't say in the beginning of the year when we all were having meltdowns that I thought Maria wouldn't win a Slam,because I always believe in Maria,but I knew if she was going to win a Slam it would have to be at FO and it happened.Maria rarely flops at two tournaments in a row.Tbh,I'd rather have Maria getting better and better every year and peaking in 2016 during the Olimpics.That gold medal could really cement her as one of the best of our generation,of course also winning a slam or 2 more with that Gold Medal could be nice.I know I'm looking far ahead of myself now,but my point is it will take a few months for Maria to get back to her 2012/2013 form where she doesn't have those bad early starts which forces her to play long three sets.I also believe Maria is working hard and trying to improve things with Sven,and we will see the results over time.And I mean she only lost at Rogers Cup.So what?Yes,I don't like when she loses early,but rather lose early there than at the US Open.I just hope she makes the finals at least here and gets a lot of matches under her belt.And we all know Maria rarely shows up at Slams and play terrible tennis match after match.Like I said,be prepared for some bad tennis combined with good tennis for the rest of the year.Goodluck for Cincy Maria

Joan Rivers 1933-2014 R.I.P
wehan6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 04:46 PM   #33
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

no idea what to expect from Maria here, just good luck girl

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 05:21 PM   #34
country flag Asanty

Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future

What is the point to discuss about the draw? She can lose literally to anyone this year. I am so embarrassed about her
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 08:18 PM   #35
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
What is the point to discuss about the draw? She can lose literally to anyone this year. I am so embarrassed about her
Embarrassed? Get a grip. She's won a slam and is Number 1 in the race.
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #36
country flag Fan de Tennis

Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold

It's quite hilarious to see her N° 1 in the Race considering she's not playing very well or at her best, with a lot of ups and downs. But maybe her loss against CSN will have the same effect as the one against Giorgi in IW. I hope.
Fan de Tennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 09:55 PM   #37
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

I have no, zero, null expectation on hard court. She's become more and more horrible. See you on clay next year
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 10:43 PM   #38
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

thread title..

We dont talk about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Embarrassed? Get a grip. She's won a slam and is Number 1 in the race.
Myth. Never happened.
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 01:18 AM   #39
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

TBF, it's not like Maria is in particularly worse shape than most of the other contenders right now. Azarenka looked just as horrible as Maria did this week, and Kvitova was only marginally better. Serena wasn't exactly too convincing either. We're yet to see Halep obviously.

I think there's a chance for a good run here if she's worked hard over the last few days...though equally I can see her going down in a hailstorm of errors to Cornut.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 02:20 AM   #40
country flag nectar69

nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold

I'm very excited. I will be covering the tournament for my blog starting on Wednesday. Hopefully, Maria won't lose before then. I'm looking forward to seeing her in person. I will not be there as a fan, but inside I always want Maria to win! I'll try to do some sort of feature on Maria and put a link in the SS forum for everyone to see. Here's my blog previewing the tourney. I'm picking Maria, but who knows. I did pick Serena vs. Venus in the semis of Toronto, so I can get something right. http://tkjpassingshots.blogspot.com/...-in-cincy.html
nectar69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 02:30 AM   #41
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

I dont think we can expect maria to somehow show fantastic form just a few days after her shitshow..
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 07:32 AM   #42
country flag wehan6

wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Everybody on the WTA tour has lost to scrubs this year.Vika,Serena,Li,Venus-everyone has.There is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Joan Rivers 1933-2014 R.I.P
wehan6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 07:39 AM   #43
country flag Asanty

Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Drone View Post
thread title..
It should be called "Another flop on the horizon?"
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 08:12 AM   #44
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

Why people so negative up in here? Cant believe how people react after her playing a bad match, we've seen it all before and we'll see it again. But Maria is a fighter and I proudly stand by her win or lose. (I think thats why most of us are her fans, right?)
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 08:15 AM   #45
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

That's how it always goes.

When Maria wins a tournament the expectations for her are sky high, when she loses a bad match she suddenly can't win anything anymore.
Obviously not everyone thinks like that here, but the ones that do... I see you.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote