Might be Time for Majoli to Give it Up - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:04 PM   #1
King Lindsay

King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point
Might be Time for Majoli to Give it Up

she just lost 3 and 0 to rubin, which is actually better than i thought she would do. but Iva, it's all gone to hell now. she has barely done ANYTHING this year and she's had some positively atrocious losses. might be time to think about hanging 'em up. down to #68, and that will drop still lower after this latest loss.
King Lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:07 PM   #2
selesrules

selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past
You are overreacting.

First of all, just last year, Majoli won a Tier 1.

Second of all, Majoli played Rubin who is one of the best grass court players right now, and grass is Majoli's worst surface.

Sure her results have been disappointing, but she's still very young and she can turn it around.
selesrules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:08 PM   #3
country flag Vincent

Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future
Poor Iva, another disappointing result so far.
She should try her best until she retires.

Vincent is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:13 PM   #4
King Lindsay

King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by selesrules
You are overreacting.

First of all, just last year, Majoli won a Tier 1.

Second of all, Majoli played Rubin who is one of the best grass court players right now, and grass is Majoli's worst surface.

Sure her results have been disappointing, but she's still very young and she can turn it around.
no, i'm not overreacting, selesrules. it's over.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:30 PM   #5
King Lindsay

iva is a terrible 7-15 on the season to date. after wimbledon, her ranking will no doubt drop out of the top 80 or so, leaving her unable to get DA into the summer hardcourts, forcing her to qualify if she wants in. Plus, she has 3r USO points off. she turns 26 in august.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:42 PM   #6
King Lindsay

mary pierce may want to follow her out the door.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:47 PM   #7
Curtis F

Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light
Iva and Mary: Phenoms turned Grand Slam Champions turned Journeywomen. I'm striving to make as much money in my career as Iva and Mary.

Last edited by Curtis F : Jun 23rd, 2003 at 06:01 PM.
Curtis F is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:50 PM   #8
King Lindsay

i think maybe meilen tu should follow iva and mary's lead....
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:21 PM   #9
country flag Tratree

Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of
C'mon KL, Meilen Tu actually wins a match here and there
Tratree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:22 PM   #10
Frank_Rulez

Frank_Rulez has a little shameless behaviour in the past Frank_Rulez has a little shameless behaviour in the past Frank_Rulez has a little shameless behaviour in the past Frank_Rulez has a little shameless behaviour in the past Frank_Rulez has a little shameless behaviour in the past Frank_Rulez has a little shameless behaviour in the past
how about a farewell tour like the one
Michael Chang has.......
Frank_Rulez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 01:12 AM   #11
country flag ktwtennis

ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all
Yeah, I'm an Iva fan, and I'm afraid that if she doesn't get it together soon, then it's time to go...

I am a sinner too!
Jesus answered and said to him[Nicodemus, a Pharisee],"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again[of the Spirit/above], he cannot see the kingdom of God."--John 3:3

Good works can't save you from hell!! Jesus loves you and wants to be in your heart and mind!!!

I will worship Jesus forever!
ktwtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 01:15 AM   #12
Brandon85

Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light
she needs to get in better shape...

Undisputed World Number 1!

2008 Titles:

Sydney, Antwerp
Brandon85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 01:19 AM   #13
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
She's just so inconsistent. I fail to understand how or why players don't get in the best shape possible. You have players like Iva-Mary and others to aren't in great shape. Take a page from Conchita, who seems to have gotten into shape.
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 01:25 AM   #14
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Well it depends on what Iva wants. If she thinks she's still going to win GS and if that's what she's playing for, maybe she should give it up. Cause those days are over.

But if she's happy staying in the top 100 and enjoying tennis and picking up a few tournament wins and a few upset wins here and there, sure she might want to stick around.

The other question of course you have to ask (and this goes for all who might be retiring), what will you do when you retire? Maybe she hasn't figured that out yet.
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 01:27 AM   #15
Dokicfan17

Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold
Iva's tier 1 title last year was soooooo luck, she didn't do anythin else for the rest fof the year...did she even win any matches this year?

I agree, I thought Majoli did better than i thought against rubin, I was thinkin a double bagel but hey three games, shes a hero lol
Dokicfan17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote