the "hey german girls, who wants to surprise me?"-cheering thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 13th, 2003, 11:38 AM   #1
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
the "hey german girls, who wants to surprise me?"-cheering thread

don't give up! let's cheer for the german girls!

last year's results:
first round.
ROESCH - RUANO-PASCUAL 26 46
RITTNER - HOPKINS 60 57 63
KANDARR - GARBIN 76 63
LAMADE - DEMENTIEVA(12) 46 36
MÜLLER - CHLADKOVA 36 57
AN.BARNA - TESTUD(8) 76 46 16
WEINGÄRTNER - ZVEREVA 46 63 62
ARN - SELJUTINA 64 63

second round.
RITTNER - FARINA-ELIA(10) 36 26
KANDARR - TANASUGARN(20) 36 46
WEINGÄRTNER - GRANVILLE 36 46
ARN - MYSKINA(18) 46 36

what can we expect this year? who plays maindraw, who will qualify? JANA and GRETA will lose points for sure. is MARLENE able to make a run like in melbourne? is BIANKA (still) injured (again)? when will MARTINAs slump end? what about BABSI - she's in danger to fall out of the top100.
but one's for sure: ANNA-LENA won't play juniors - so we shouldn't expect a title this year.
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2003, 12:46 PM   #2
Hoopharry

Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice
Warum verliert GRETA Punkte, wenn sie letztes Mal in Runde zwei gescheitert ist und diesmal ins Halbfinale kommt ???

QF Wimbledon:

Serena - Momo 6:2, 6:4
Clijsters - Arn 6:0, 4:6, 7:9
Benesova - Zvonareva 6:1, 6:3
Henin - Sprem 6:7, 5:7

SF:

Serena - Arn 2:6, 6:3, 7:5
Benesova - Sprem 6:3, 6:4

F:

Serena - Benesova 2:6, 2:6 !!!!

IVETA, the czech queen of Most: Return to Top 75, one GS third round

CLAUDINE, the lovely lady from Lux: Top 50, first WTA tour title

LILIA, beauty from Ohio: will get back to her old strength, surprise everyone

GRETA: Youre out of my favourites, not because of your drop in rankings, but because of your behaviour.. , you better quit tennis, youll never make the Top 100 again
Hoopharry is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 02:50 PM   #3
country flag Frau Antje

Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light Frau Antje is a glorious beacon of light
good luck Nina for the qualifying
WTA-Tennisvideos

Frau Antje is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 02:57 PM   #4
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
A-L is still in the commitment list for the junior event!!!!
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 06:23 PM   #5
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
but i think she will withdraw. in our (and also her) home-newspaper she talked about the decision not to play juniors anymore - and not to play wimbledon... ?!?
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 10:44 AM   #6
country flag pan

this is from spiegel online. so she will play juniors in ny, but not in wimbledon.

"Das ist ein großer Moment für mich", sagte die 1,80 Meter große Spielerin aus Niedersachsen, die in den kommenden vier Jahren in einem Tenniscamp in Phoenix, Arizona trainieren wird und von Paris aus zu einem Damen-Turnier nach Kanada aufbrach. "In Wimbledon werde ich nicht spielen", berichtete sie. "Aber vielleicht kann ich bei den US Open noch einen Erfolg erringen."
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 11:56 AM   #7
galadriel

galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute
Let's go german girls
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 03:03 PM   #8
seldom83

seldom83 is an unknown quantity at this point seldom83 is an unknown quantity at this point seldom83 is an unknown quantity at this point seldom83 is an unknown quantity at this point seldom83 is an unknown quantity at this point seldom83 is an unknown quantity at this point seldom83 is an unknown quantity at this point seldom83 is an unknown quantity at this point seldom83 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey hoopharry, is that your predcition this year??
seldom83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 05:05 PM   #9
Hoopharry

Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice Hoopharry is just really nice
Yup, it is.

You better watch out for IVETA from Most, CLAUDINE from Luxembourg and GRETA from Zuffenhausen everybody.

GRETA: Youre out of my favourites, not because of your drop in rankings, but because of your behaviour.. , you better quit tennis, youll never make the Top 100 again
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 05:32 PM   #10
Iconoclast

Iconoclast has disabled reputation
Hoopharry, I would be curious to know when exactly this year you expect Greta Arn to reach the Top 60, let alone win a WTA title?

I would be even more curious to know why you are so optimistic on her behalf. Have you noticed something about her that the rest of us, or at least I, have missed?

Just asking.
Iconoclast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 08:09 PM   #11
Hoopharry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast
Hoopharry, I would be curious to know when exactly this year you expect Greta Arn to reach the Top 60, let alone win a WTA title?

I would be even more curious to know why you are so optimistic on her behalf. Have you noticed something about her that the rest of us, or at least I, have missed?

Just asking.

I did so in Dec. 2002, that was after she beat Pierce, Majoli, Lihowtsewa and Serna in 2001 and 2002 and forced ASV and Davenport to three sets. I guess, I need to correct myself....

Old Jun 19th, 2003, 02:35 PM   #12
country flag pan

SANDRA and JULIA in q-finals!!!
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 03:15 PM   #13
country flag pan

and both lost! no german qualifier!
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 04:27 PM   #14
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
the hope is gone for wimbledon!!!
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 07:29 PM   #15
joneg2

joneg2 is on a distinguished road joneg2 is on a distinguished road joneg2 is on a distinguished road joneg2 is on a distinguished road joneg2 is on a distinguished road joneg2 is on a distinguished road joneg2 is on a distinguished road joneg2 is on a distinguished road joneg2 is on a distinguished road joneg2 is on a distinguished road joneg2 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias
the hope is gone for wimbledon!!!
So pessimistic Matthias...lol...someday German tennis will return to prominence...I am sure...just not so sure I will be alive to witness it!

Btw...watch out for Mo Drake...she is in a good section if she can get past Pratt... wouldn't that be unbelievable!
joneg2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote