Limit amount of thread opened by users? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 10th, 2014, 01:11 AM   #1
country flag Willam

Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute
Limit amount of thread opened by users?

Hi,

I come to you because I know many posters are frustrated with the amount of non-sense that is posted daily on this forum. There are a few posters in GM who constantly open useless threads for their own personal amusement. I also think the same thing happens over and over on Non-Tennis. A handful of posters open threads about "news" on the same topic on a daily basis (topics like racism, or gay rights) and it becomes overwhelming and certainly annoying.

Has it been discussed the possibility of limiting the amount of threads users can open? Or maybe open "mother" threads for certain topics?

We have a US Politics Thread, and all other pertinent new threads are merged there. Why not the same for topics that are constantly being opened on a regular basis?

Thanks!
Willam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 10th, 2014, 02:30 AM   #2
country flag The Walking Bye

The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future
Re: Limit amount of thread opened by users?

This. I'm all for race equity but do we really have to hear a story every day about how something racist happened to some black children. Especially when the overwhelming majority of this forum is not racist.

I don't see as many ones about gay rights though, but there are a fair few.

I like the idea of a sub forum for these.

Tennis Tipping:
Titles: Singles: 50K Aning 2014 Doubles:
The Walking Bye is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 03:15 AM   #3
country flag Willam

Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kiwi Fan View Post
This. I'm all for race equity but do we really have to hear a story every day about how something racist happened to some black children. Especially when the overwhelming majority of this forum is not racist.

I don't see as many ones about gay rights though, but there are a fair few.

I like the idea of a sub forum for these.
Especially when most of them are not really racist. Like the one about the Obama float where people where complaining about his two terms and a pack of posters decided that it was not possible for the people to complain because they were unhappy with his government, and that it was only because he is black
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 03:18 AM   #4
country flag Willam

Latest gem: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=741906
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 03:36 AM   #5
country flag The Walking Bye

The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future

I know, that group of posters can get overly exaggerative sometimes, sometimes these things just happen, not just because they are black, as these apply to whites too.

Omg, that thread. Though, to be fair, it was a different poster who made it, and they stated they didn't think it was racist.

Tennis Tipping:
Titles: Singles: 50K Aning 2014 Doubles:
The Walking Bye is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 05:15 AM   #6
country flag SocaBrainwash

SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willam View Post
Especially when most of them are not really racist. Like the one about the Obama float where people where complaining about his two terms and a pack of posters decided that it was not possible for the people to complain because they were unhappy with his government, and that it was only because he is black
So by the sound of it, you're upset that there are so many threads based on race and gay people etc...

...but you actually go in said threads and by the bolded part, it seems like you go into quite a few of them. You read not only the article, but the responses as well, furthering your agitation.

Might a better suggestion be to simply stay out of them and focus on the areas of Non-tennis that you may actually enjoy? (Same argument for GM really)

Because even though these things are important to you in particular or something you don't experience on a daily basis, that doesn't mean they aren't important to someone or that these topics aren't worthy of discussion for whoever's interested. It just means you probably should move on down the list to a topic that won't cause your blood pressure to rise.
SocaBrainwash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 05:21 AM   #7
country flag Willam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocaBrainwash View Post
So by the sound of it, you're upset that there are so many threads based on race and gay people etc...

...but you actually go in said threads and by the bolded part, it seems like you go into quite a few of them. You read not only the article, but the responses as well, furthering your agitation.

Might a better suggestion be to simply stay out of them and focus on the areas of Non-tennis that you may actually enjoy? (Same argument for GM really)

Because even though these things are important to you in particular or something you don't experience on a daily basis, that doesn't mean they aren't important to someone or that these topics aren't worthy of discussion for whoever's interested.
First off let me just put out that there that I am a gay hispanic male. So right off the bat people know I'm not racist/homophobic.

The reason why I go on these threads is because I truly enjoy having an intelligent conversation over this important topics. I love seeing how people view things and it makes you gain a new perspective on things. However it becomes an issue when new threads are created on a regular basis with the same posters implying the same things over and over and over. This is why I think it would be appropriate to have one thread where people can discuss racial issues, other for gay rights, and so on.
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 05:52 AM   #8
country flag James
Kookie Supporter

James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute

Having been here quite a while, I can refer to a previous reply on the issue:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....42&postcount=2

My Sporcle quizzes: http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33...nament-winners
http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33/wta-nationalities

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 03:13 PM   #9
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocaBrainwash View Post

Because even though these things are important to you in particular or something you don't experience on a daily basis, that doesn't mean they aren't important to someone or that these topics aren't worthy of discussion for whoever's interested. It just means you probably should move on down the list to a topic that won't cause your blood pressure to rise.
This.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 03:18 PM   #10
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
First off let me just put out that there that I am a gay hispanic male. So right off the bat people know I'm not racist/homophobic.

The reason why I go on these threads is because I truly enjoy having an intelligent conversation over this important topics. I love seeing how people view things and it makes you gain a new perspective on things. However it becomes an issue when new threads are created on a regular basis with the same posters implying the same things over and over and over. This is why I think it would be appropriate to have one thread where people can discuss racial issues, other for gay rights, and so on.
With a statement like that, there's no way you could ever be expected to have an intelligent conversation.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #11
country flag plantman

plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What a whiner....Move along bud!
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 03:43 PM   #12
country flag plantman

plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Seriously?