***Delightful Dani Cheering Thread*** - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 10th, 2003, 10:11 PM   #1
country flag BritBoy

BritBoy is an unknown quantity at this point BritBoy is an unknown quantity at this point BritBoy is an unknown quantity at this point BritBoy is an unknown quantity at this point BritBoy is an unknown quantity at this point BritBoy is an unknown quantity at this point BritBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
***Delightful Dani Cheering Thread***

Best of luck Dani!
BritBoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 11th, 2003, 01:47 AM   #2
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all
from the official website:

Hantuchova Aims High
Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Daniela Hantuchova has enjoyed not inconsiderable success at Wimbledon, winning the Mixed Doubles event in 2001. However, in last year’s Championships she broke through in the singles, eventually bowing out in the Quarter-Finals to the eventual champion, Serena Williams.

5ft 11in Hantuchova is in the chasing pack behind Serena and her sister Venus, but the twenty-year-old Slovakian believes she can tap into the experience of reaching last year's Quarter‑Final.

She said: "It was a great tournament for me (she also reached the mixed doubles Final with Zimbabwean Kevin Ulyett). It was the first time I had made the final eight in the singles and I got to take on one of the top players in Serena with the fantastic crowd behind me. It was exciting and something I can learn from.

"My English coach Nigel (Sears) told me that there'd be a lot written about me in the papers (like comparisons to the glamorous image of fellow player Anna Kournikova) but I was pleased they could also talk about my tennis.

"I played Venus in the quarter‑finals of the Australian Open this year so have shown I can play against these top players. The sisters might be more experienced and be more powerful but I've got other things in my game and I am developing them.

"I'm really looking to coming back to Wimbledon. It is exciting to me."

Hantuchova believes the work she has done with Sears will benefit her campaign over the fortnight. She said: "Nigel has improved my techniques and mental attitudes as well as helping to make me stronger physically."

Hantuchova has had a consistent year, also making the last eight in Sydney, the Paris Indoor, Charleston, Amelia Island and Berlin and it took Venus to stop her reaching the Antwerp final.

However, she had a disappointing French Open, going out to American Ashley Harkleroad in the Second Round.

Sears declines to make predictions about how Hantuchova will fare at The Championships this year but he feels she can make an impact.

He said: "Daniela has proved she can be dangerous at Wimbledon and if she can force her way into the second week again there's always a chance she could do well. But the two Williams sisters are clearly favourites and the other girls, Daniela included, have got it all to do if they are going to upset the routines Serena and Venus have established for themselves.

"The Williams sisters have taken tennis to a new level and they are taking tennis more serious and are playing better this year. It makes it a great challenge for the people chasing them.

"In order to pressure the Williamses you have to serve well. Daniela does. You've got to have big shots on both sides. The added dimension that Daniela has is that she can take the pace off the ball and use angles and touch which used at the right time can be effective.

"She has the potential to rival the sisters but must stay healthy and continue to work as hard as she does now.

One thing is for sure, she is not scared of them and a lot of other players are.

"If Daniela can build on her quarter‑final in Australia, which was her third successive Grand Slam quarter‑final, there's absolutely no reason she can't have a special Grand Slam this year.

“I'm not going to tell you she will win Wimbledon or even reach the semis. I'd rather say, like I say to her every time, let's make the second week, that's where the real tournament starts."
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AnnaLenaGroenefeld/

Kim Clijsters, 2005 US Open Champion!

TH Online: Kim tribute - and photos! - now up
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 02:14 AM   #3
Tarsius

Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough
Best of Luck Daniela!
Tarsius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 03:25 PM   #4
country flag paycheck

paycheck has a spectacular aura about paycheck has a spectacular aura about paycheck has a spectacular aura about paycheck has a spectacular aura about paycheck has a spectacular aura about paycheck has a spectacular aura about paycheck has a spectacular aura about paycheck has a spectacular aura about paycheck has a spectacular aura about paycheck has a spectacular aura about paycheck has a spectacular aura about
You've got my support
paycheck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 05:18 PM   #5
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute
Tons of luck, Daniela, and plz don't focus just on the Williams sisters ...

Go Dani, believe in your strength !

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 03:27 AM   #6
country flag beauty_is_pink
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute
Go DANNNIIIEEELLLLAAA!!!!! WHIP ALL THEIR ASSES!!!

also... cant forget:

Go Daniela AND Chanda in DOUBBLLEESS!
bring it home girls!!!
proud of u!
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 03:29 AM   #7
country flag beauty_is_pink
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute
with Amelie's withdrawal []
what does this mean for Daniela...? any changes in Dani's rankings or opponents???
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 05:58 PM   #8
country flag GrahamD

GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold

D- A- N- I- E- L- A

Good Luck Dani

2,596,944 hits since 2003

Last edited by GrahamD : Jun 23rd, 2003 at 09:30 PM.
GrahamD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 06:34 PM   #9
Julian

Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of
Good luck Dani! Shut up those critics!!

1989, 1994, 1998 French Open Champion, 1994 U.S. Open Champion
1994, 1995 Australian Open Finalist, 1995, 1996 Wimbledon Finalist
4- Time Olympic Medalist, 5-Time Fed Cup Winning Team, Inducted into Hall of Fame in 2007!!!
Julian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:53 PM   #10
country flag moogle san

moogle san has disabled reputation
Go Dani Go

As usual, the whole CP is behind you

Daniela Hantuchova!" (IW2002)

Don't mind me... I'm constantly

Thinking disturbs the inner peace

"I noticed tonight that the world has been turning
While I've been stuck here withering away"
Keane - Can't Stop Now
moogle san is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:59 PM   #11
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Udachi Dani! She is such a lovely girl! And thanks for that lovely Dani photo, GrahamD!
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:40 PM   #12
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Daniela !

round 1/Day 1

Daniela HANTUCHOVA (SVK) def. Marion BARTOLI (FRA) 6-4 6-1

Really good play in the second, growing confidence
led to more and more fh-winners ...
But plz Daniela try to come to the net !

Keep focused girl !

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:00 PM   #13
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
That's a good win for Dani. Bartoli is tough. I was worried when she was down 2-4 in the first set. But then she turned it on and ran away with the match.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:47 PM   #14
country flag Smart

Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough
Marion played well but Daniela played very impressive tennis. She found the corners of the court and was better at every level today. Marion couldn't create any points.

So congrats to all who supported Dani today!

Smart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:18 PM   #15
country flag GrahamD

GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold
Dani

2,596,944 hits since 2003

GrahamD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote