commentators miss boat on Ser/Jus - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 7th, 2003, 04:30 AM   #1
joz

joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold joz is a splendid one to behold
commentators miss boat on Ser/Jus

Commentators were so busy talking nonsense that they totally missed the style changes by both palyers in the justine/serena match. Early in the third set it was clear they were trying different tactics to get the upper hand. In the first game Justine came in twice ... they hardly mentioned it... She definetly was trying a different tactic and was trying to be more agressisive...And what did they say... "she missed that" well.... we saw...PEOPLE! In the 4th and 5th game of the third set Serena started playing short, top spin, angles... Justine was not willing to move in and was streching foward to return... Serena built a lead on this... at 4-2...I actually said to myself, when she started doing this... that's why Serena is the champion ... because she's now playing smart... knowing justine is not willing to move in on short angle top spins... I MEAN MY GOD.... sometimes Justine almost laid down to reach forward on those shots rather than move her feat foward... I CANNOT believe the commentators did not notice either of these things when they were so DISTINCTLY different than the rest of the match... It's like commentators weren't thinking about the beginning of the third set, they were focused on themselves being commentators and not on the match... Mr. Washington... (while cute) offered nothing that any of us on this board could not have offered.... and the oppinion he offered was really just that oppinion, and unfounded at that...
It was an interesting match despite the controversy... I have to admit... the "hand thing" bothered me.... and I think it bothered Serena... but she's to great a champion to let that destroy her game... and that's what happened... justine sensed this and went for it... and that was the difference in the match... So in that sense Justine was right when she said it was two fighters... but it was mental fighting ... rather than mucle in the end...
joz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote