The Problem With The Williams Sisters Isn't Race; It Is The Other R Word... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:52 PM   #1
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Red face The Problem With The Williams Sisters Isn't Race; It Is The Other R Word...

and that is resentment (and jealously). The other players are resentful of Venus and Serena because they generate attention outside of the tennis world and they win. That is the reason why I was annoyed at what Justine said when she said that Serena had her chances and should give others a chance because it was evident to me that she is (in some way) resentful of what Serena has accomplished (carrer Grand Slam in singles, carrer Grand Slam in doubles, two mixed doubles Grand Slam titles and an Olympic gold medal in doubles to go along with her other titles, all at the age of 21). It isn't Serena or Venus' problem that the other players cannot play as good as them, win the titles and be popular outside of the tennis world; it is the other players' problem. When the other women go to a tournament, they have the same opportunity to win as Venus or Serena and some of them beat Serena and Venus and if they can't win, it just means they were not good enough to do it that week. Serena and Venus are not always good enough either, but they don't blame the other players; they just work on what is wrong and go on with their lives. The reason why Kim rose in the rankings is that she knew she had to work on what was wrong with her game and she is reaping the rewards. It shuold also be noted that she has not shown one ounce of resemtment or jealously tworads the sisters and that positive attitude has won her the respect of many of V&S's fans, including myself. The same is true of Chanda, Lindsay amd Monica.

If the other players want to challenge the sisters, they might do themselves some good by working their racquest instead of working their mouths.
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:55 PM   #2
country flag Keith

Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future
Let it go, already...
Keith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:56 PM   #3
country flag Diya

Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road
"It isn't Serena or Venus' problem that the other players cannot play as good as them,...... "

LOL Look who is going to play the finals at RG
Diya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:57 PM   #4
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
Let it go, already...
When you people (and your iik) can get over the fact that Serena and Venus lost, then posts like this will stop. Also, do yourself a favor next time, if you don't like a topic, don't read it and don't post replies.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 05:00 PM   #5
country flag Mr. Man

Mr. Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diya
"It isn't Serena or Venus' problem that the other players cannot play as good as them,...... "

On clay.

Put Justine v. Serena on hardcourt and see what happends.
Put Vee v. Kim on hardcourt and see what happends.

Venus & Serena: "You are my everything."

- Official Duke of the Royal Court -
Mr. Man is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 05:00 PM   #6
country flag lizchris

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diya

Right, bitch and Seren has already won (along with the other majors). Only one of them is walking away a winner tomorrow while the other will still be slamless. You can't say the same for Venus or Serena, so get over it.

BTW, you should be more concerned about you favorite. Another medicore slam and she may be out of the top ten.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 05:22 PM   #7
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute
They did do their talking with their rackets. Neither Venus nor Serena is in the final.
http://thetenniscult.mirrorz.com's company tooooooooooo

I am on der Tvitter, accumulating haters. http://twitter.com/#!/Hurley_LLC
Hurley is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 05:53 PM   #8
nander
Registered 1

nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all
Isn't it great? Now the finals look as they should. If we are lucky it could continue this way for a long time.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 06:18 PM   #9
leslie

leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nander
Isn't it great? Now the finals look as they should. If we are lucky it could continue this way for a long time.
You racist bastard.
leslie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 06:22 PM   #10
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
I thought the other 'R' word was going to be 'respect'...
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 06:30 PM   #11
country flag John Inverdale

John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I thought the other 'R' word was going to be 'respect'...
sh! I think it took a while to come up with alliterated title. Don't show off by coming up with a better word
John Inverdale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 06:38 PM   #12
nander
Registered 1

nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie
You racist bastard.

I guess I should not be surprised at the reaction because I deliberately set this up. I wrote it so that the statement could be coming from

1. a racist who wants to see the Williams out or
2. one who believes that all the others who are glad to see the Williams out are racist
Ever heard of irony?
And you went for the first option.
It really just goes to show how meaningless these posts are!
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 06:41 PM   #13
country flag John Inverdale

John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road John Inverdale is on a distinguished road
wait. that's the same post, three times.

Thought I was going insane.
John Inverdale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 07:22 PM   #14
nander
Registered 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Inverdale
wait. that's the same post, three times.

Thought I was going insane.
Sorry. I fixed it.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 08:59 PM   #15
kr003

kr003 is an unknown quantity at this point kr003 is an unknown quantity at this point kr003 is an unknown quantity at this point kr003 is an unknown quantity at this point kr003 is an unknown quantity at this point kr003 is an unknown quantity at this point kr003 is an unknown quantity at this point kr003 is an unknown quantity at this point kr003 is an unknown quantity at this point kr003 is an unknown quantity at this point kr003 is an unknown quantity at this point
People it's just tennis.
Let it go. Juju won the match and she deserved it.
Give the girl credit, there are not many people who
beat 'lil sis' two times in a row.
kr003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote