London will be a love fest for Serena... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:08 PM   #1
country flag Cam'ron Giles
Snitch

Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute
London will be a love fest for Serena...

The crowds at Wimbledon will welcome Serena with big hearts and even bigger cheers due to the actions of their much hated neighbors. Given the close political ties between the British and Americans, I think it will be a love fest for Serena at the premier grass court event...

I love ya Brits...(in part too cause my granny lives there)...

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:13 PM   #2
country flag fifiricci

fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute
I think you are being a tad optimistic!! I am British and even though we were allies in the Iraq war, there is still a strong element of Anti American feeling in the UK. That said, I dont think that will be evident in the Wimbledon crowd and I think Serena will get a very warm and sympathetic welcome when she goes on Centre Court on the first day, at least.

I still maintain though that the vast majority of the crowds arent motivated by race or politics - they simply want to see different grand slam winners for a change and thats why they cheer for the opponents of the williams sisters.
fifiricci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:14 PM   #3
Flatstat

Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point
I just spoke to the Brits and because they think you are a bigger jack ass then I do, they are going to root against Serena in every match
Flatstat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:16 PM   #4
Snitch

Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatstat
I just spoke to the Brits and because they think you are a bigger jack ass then I do, they are going to root against Serena in every match

And I just spoke to the French and they said that Justine is a thief and she will NEVER win a grand slam and she will be blasted to dust during the summer hard courts...enjoy for now cause she is DONE for the season...

Will you be there?
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:22 PM   #5
Flatstat

Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShotta
And I just spoke to the French and they said that Justine is a thief and she will NEVER win a grand slam and she will be blasted to dust during the summer hard courts...enjoy for now cause she is DONE for the season...
What do I care?, I am hoping for Kim to win the french

(You would of known that if you knew anything about me instead of jumping to the first available conclusion)
Flatstat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:25 PM   #6
WtaTour4Ever
Team WTAworld

WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light
haha.....you're all nuts
WtaTour4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:28 PM   #7
rikvanlooy

rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifiricci
I think you are being a tad optimistic!! I am British and even though we were allies in the Iraq war, there is still a strong element of Anti American feeling in the UK. That said, I dont think that will be evident in the Wimbledon crowd and I think Serena will get a very warm and sympathetic welcome when she goes on Centre Court on the first day, at least.

I still maintain though that the vast majority of the crowds arent motivated by race or politics - they simply want to see different grand slam winners for a change and thats why they cheer for the opponents of the williams sisters.
The BBC doesn't seem to show a lot of women's tennis ?!
rikvanlooy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:34 PM   #8
country flag Pdm1987

Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of
Even if the BBC don't show as much womens tennis as mens, the if you have Sky Digital ( which I don't ) then you can choose which court you watch on BBCi
Also, the British crowd will much much warmer to Serena although I'm sure many will want someone else to win for a change other than the Williams sisters But it'll be nothing like the french!
Pdm1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:52 PM   #9
country flag debs06

debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice debs06 is just really nice
dey will b cheerin for jen 2 win dis 1!

debs06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:53 PM   #10
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
the British crowd always give sporting excellence its rightful dues

i have always thought the French crowd were extremely tasteful bar a few occasions (ie Martina 99) now i think they are tasteless

but then again, there were an awful lot of belgians in the crowd, and Antwerp proved they love to get rowdy

bring on the next slam ill be there
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:30 PM   #11
country flag Diya

Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road
Yeah it sure will be

Serena will probably lose her # 1 ranking at Wimbledon
Diya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:37 PM   #12
Snitch

To whome???????

Will you be there?
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:42 PM   #13
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
Justine of course
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 05:37 PM   #14
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

It is wishful thinking to believe that Serena will lose her number one ranking at Wimbeldon. Though she isn't in the FO final, some thought she would lose her numer one raking here. She will at least lose 300 points because she beat the number one and two players at the time. Even with the loss, Kim woudl have to win the FO to close the number one gap and she would have to do very well at Wimbeldon and if past history is any indication, she will not win, since her best result is the quarterfinal. She is to grass as Serena is to clay.
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 05:39 PM   #15
country flag SJW

Serena won the clay slam

shes actually quite good on clay shes just excellent on everything else