Watch the hand: re-run of semi's on ESPN at 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 09:25 PM   #1
country flag Bella

Bella has disabled reputation
Watch the hand: re-run of semi's on ESPN at 7

Was it raised before or during Serena's serve? If it's clear, then we'll see it this time because we know it's coming. Tape the moment.

I'm curious to see it again.
Bella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 09:39 PM   #2
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
I haven't seen it, and I am curious. What I really want to see is Serena's serve. Does it look like she intentionally netted it or not? If it wasn't intentional, shame on her for complaining. If it was intentional, then Justine showed very poor sportsmanship.
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 09:44 PM   #3
country flag Bella

Bella has disabled reputation
Right. Which one is putting one over on us?
Bella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 09:50 PM   #4
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Well I saw it the first time and Serena saw Justin's hand up way before she made contact but she was in her service motion so she finished her serve but immediately looked at the umpire and asked for another first serve. What does it matter if Serena saw it or not. Justine knew she asked for time so if asked she should've said so?
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 09:53 PM   #5
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta
Well I saw it the first time and Serena saw Justin's hand up way before she made contact but she was in her service motion so she finished her serve but immediately looked at the umpire and asked for another first serve. What does it matter if Serena saw it or not. Justine knew she asked for time so if asked she should've said so?
Well, here is the issue. Either Serena didn't respect Justine's request and thus didn't deserve an additional serve, or she did honor Justine's request and Justine used low-end gamesmanship to face a second serve.
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 10:04 PM   #6
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
to me it looked like justine's little hand went up during the motion. HOWEVER- serena somehow saw it (bc she said she saw her hand go up), and she missed the serve. the umpire didn't see juju's hand bc he was watching serena and NOT CONTROLLING THE CROWD which was making tons of noise at the time. serena really had no business serving with that much noise anyway...
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 10:15 PM   #7
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
yes, justine's hand went up as espn showed it in slow-motion, but serena was already well into her service motion and couldn't have seen it until after she served as she was looking up at the time
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 10:18 PM   #8
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
what I really don't understand: how can you not stop a service motion I'm sure you can let the ball fall...
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 10:23 PM   #9
country flag smally

smally has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Sometimes it's hard to stop when u're already in motion. Watch when players are on the run to
return a shot. Even when out, u still hit it anyway. So i can understand Serena's position.
smally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 10:25 PM   #10
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, Justine had her hands up, but sort of at the last second she held it up...she didn't want to play in such a noisy atmosphere.

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 10:25 PM   #11
o0O0o

o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point
SERENA SAID SHE SAW IT.

End of discussion.

She tried to pull a fast one on Justine and when she missed it she begged for another chance. Puh-leaze Serena.
o0O0o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 11:04 PM   #12
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all
Well, ESPN is simply going to repeat its coverage from this morning, so we'll see it "live".
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AnnaLenaGroenefeld/

Kim Clijsters, 2005 US Open Champion!

TH Online: Kim tribute - and photos! - now up
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 11:11 PM   #13
Lelu

Lelu is on a distinguished road Lelu is on a distinguished road Lelu is on a distinguished road Lelu is on a distinguished road Lelu is on a distinguished road Lelu is on a distinguished road Lelu is on a distinguished road Lelu is on a distinguished road Lelu is on a distinguished road Lelu is on a distinguished road Lelu is on a distinguished road
But Serena won that game, anyway. Are we here to judge Justine's sportsmanship? If I were Justine and saw that Serena served despite me raising my hand and then she was trying to get a re-serve because her ploy didn't work, I'd be really pissed off. The truth might as well be that Serena DID serve despite seeing Justine's hand up to get an easy point.
Lelu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 11:39 PM   #14
Tarsius

Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough Tarsius is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
But Serena won that game, anyway.
END OF DISCUSSION
Tarsius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 12:07 AM   #15
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute
excellent post lelu and dh.

and I highly doubt that serena would intentionally net a serve after she hits it. she would know that intentionally netting it and asking for a new first serve is risky. if she saw juju raise her hand why not stop? also on the other side of the court is juju standing and how is she supposed to know if Serena just tried to pull a fast one on her or if she truly was messed up by the request to wait. All JUJU knows is that she requested that serena stop and serena served WHILE THE CROWD WAS MAKING NOISE. Serving while the crowd is making noise is already a strange choice as a server. At best it is DUMB because it affects your concentration and AT WORST it is unfair to your opponent as she cannot hear how the ball comes off the racquet and probably she is not ready or distracted. And serena won that game.

so from Juju's pov it is hard for to really know what is going on but after Serena dissed her after Charleston why would she trust Serena. Also Serena missing a first serve would not seem unusual at all to me cuz she had missed a ton of them already.
treufreund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote