Even w/the rude crowd and unsportsmanlike actions of justine Serena should have won. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 08:24 PM   #1
DA FOREHAND

DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute
Even w/the rude crowd and unsportsmanlike actions of justine Serena should have won.

Serena has faced truly hostile crowds(Indian Wells) and come out the victor because she is a champion. I think justine's unsportsmanlike conduct was a huge disappointment for Serena. All that said I still think she lost because she got outplayed, and justine showed more championship mettle.

Through a set and a half, justine made Serena look slow confused, and clumsy, yet Serena still had many chances to take this match. She may be upset w/the crowd, and justine's oncourt actions, but she should reserve the bulk of her anger for herself. Poor footwork, dismal serving, streaky focus, and an unwillingness to move forward played a big part in her dismantling. justine took it to her in that first set and Serena's confidence erroded w/the match.

Dust yaself off and try again.

GO KIM

"And for the best of the teen-agers who followed her, and who occasionally referred to her as over the hill, Graf had a ready answer: against top-ranked Martina Hingis, Graf wound up 7-2. Graf's stirring 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 throttling of Hingis at the French Open final this June was perhaps the most emphatic parting shot the game has ever seen. "

DA FOREHAND is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:34 PM   #2
DA FOREHAND

DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute
bump

"And for the best of the teen-agers who followed her, and who occasionally referred to her as over the hill, Graf had a ready answer: against top-ranked Martina Hingis, Graf wound up 7-2. Graf's stirring 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 throttling of Hingis at the French Open final this June was perhaps the most emphatic parting shot the game has ever seen. "

Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:47 PM   #3
TonyP

TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future
Essentially, a solid analysis of what really happened on court.

Yes, the crowd was hostile, but it wasn't that hostile. In fact, the ESPN commentators at the end of the first set(I think) remarked that the Belgian fans in all the funny hats were keeping pretty quiet because they thought that's what was in Justine's best interests.

Things really didn't get that noisey until the third set and it was nothing compared to what Hingis went through in '99.

Serena, for some strange reason, just didn't seem to have it. Yet she did have her chances and for the most part, she didn't capitilize on them.

Pardon me for saying this, but I have always felt that what differentiates both Williams sisters from the pack is their serve and while we know Venus' serve sometimes deserts her, this time it was Serena who had a less than effective serve. But know what? Most of the time when she loses these days, it is because her serve lets her down. She only served at something like 56 percent yesterday.

This is a hard pill for some to swallow, but big serving is what often pulls the big girls out of trouble in tough matches. That ability to fend off break points with an ace or a very good first serve that puts the receiver on the defensive is the difference quite often and yesterday, Serena just didn't do that.

And since she didn't do it in the first set, either, the problem was not with the crowd. Justine may have already gotten into Serena's head.

That may be one of the perils of telling yourself that every match rests in your hands and your hands alone. Its an interesting belief system, but what happens when you find out you are wrong?
TonyP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:49 PM   #4
country flag Diya

Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road
Serena "SHOULD HAVE " won but she obviously didn't, so live with it
Diya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:58 PM   #5
DA FOREHAND

diya, Who's not living with it you ______!

I gave a fair analysis of the match, and gave Justine all the credit, for the most part she played a good match. It sounds like you have a hard time "living with it".

What an ______ wipe.

Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:13 PM   #6
country flag Mrs. Peel

Mrs. Peel has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA FOREHAND
diya, Who's not living with it you ______!

I gave a fair analysis of the match, and gave Justine all the credit, for the most part she played a good match. It sounds like you have a hard time "living with it".

What an ______ wipe.

This Diya has been an obnoxious f*ckhead in every thread...and should be ignored.

Perfect match analysis...Serena looked really bad out there on occassion all credit to Justine but Serena still could have taken that match...she had numerous chances
Mrs. Peel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:20 PM   #7
country flag Diya

Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road
The TRUTH always hurts
Diya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote