Oracene Price on French Fans - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 05:48 PM   #1
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Oracene Price on French Fans

Her mother and coach, Oracene Price, criticized the fans.

"A lack of class and total ignorance," she said. "Or they just don't know tennis and the etiquette of tennis."
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 05:59 PM   #2
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
I just find this whole situation to be sad. It's really a shame.

Even Oracene realized the horror of the event.

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 06:10 PM   #3
Cybelle Darkholme

Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future
of course the justine henin fans will now race in here and say oracene is overreacting and that the french fans were unbiased and did nothing shamefull.

Those fans today sucked bigtime but serena could have pulled that match out if she was stronger on her serve today. Dont worry serena in tennis there is always another match and another tournament justine will get hers soon enough.
The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 06:13 PM   #4
Pinkie

Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future Pinkie has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisIlove09
Her mother and coach, Oracene Price, criticized the fans.

"A lack of class and total ignorance," she said. "Or they just don't know tennis and the etiquette of tennis."
Kinda like holding up a sign saying "It's Venus's party and no one is invited" ?
Pinkie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 07:14 PM   #5
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie
Kinda like holding up a sign saying "It's Venus's party and no one is invited" ?
Yeah, last time I checked, Oracene and Richard were the same person and even got along.

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 07:17 PM   #6
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute
The CROWD was rude cybelle but why write JUSTINE will get hers! Serena was not mad at Justine. it was the crowd who was rude. also there were quite a few who cheered juju's faults too.
treufreund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 07:21 PM   #7
country flag TartarVicario

TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future
I think Henin & Her Fans're suck!!!!!!

Now I verry verry hate Justin she is a verry bad player.......
TartarVicario is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 07:26 PM   #8
country flag ToeTag

ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute
Well I'm not surprised Orecene,felt the fans treated Serena badly,after all she is her mum and she wants to protect her kid from what she perceived as rude or classless.....I don't agree with her.Can you imagine if the mother of a baseball pitcher,who had just lost the World Series,came out and said the same thing he would be laughed out of the sport.Tennis needs rowdy crowds...if you want to refer to French crowd as rowdy...I don't!
ToeTag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 07:26 PM   #9
maryjane

maryjane has disabled reputation
i have never thought in my life,as Jen's fan,to be agree with oracene or to go for serena...I mean ...the french crowd is so stupid...why to behave like that?she's the number one of the world,she deserves respect.if amelia is such a fearfull girl it's not serena's fault!!!
stupid,stupid and stupid again...
maryjane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 07:26 PM   #10
country flag lakeway11

lakeway11 has disabled reputation
well the lack-of-class French fans was well established back in '99 also when booing Hingis...nothing like a little emotion to bring out their true colors
lakeway11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 07:50 PM   #11
kyk710

kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future
I agree with Oracene! That must have been so hard for her!
kyk710 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 07:58 PM   #12
country flag korben

korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute korben has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisIlove09
"Or they just don't know tennis and the etiquette of tennis."
Maybe she should teach her daughter that part of that etiquette is to shake hands with umpire
korben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 08:08 PM   #13
Habsudovafan

Habsudovafan is just really nice Habsudovafan is just really nice Habsudovafan is just really nice Habsudovafan is just really nice Habsudovafan is just really nice Habsudovafan is just really nice Habsudovafan is just really nice Habsudovafan is just really nice Habsudovafan is just really nice Habsudovafan is just really nice Habsudovafan is just really nice
What would oracene have said if Serene won.......
Habsudovafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 08:10 PM   #14
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben
Maybe she should teach her daughter that part of that etiquette is to shake hands with umpire
In case you didn't see you moron, Serena did shake the hands of the umpire after the match. She skipped by him at first, but she realized that and went back.

Do people think before they speak??

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 08:22 PM   #15
country flag maximus82

maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all
I am happy that Henin won, but agree with everybody - The French crowds were out of hand today and exhibited very poor manners in actively cheering AGAINST a player, as opposed to FOR a player. I mean, it wasn't as bad as the treatment Hingis got, but at least in that case Hingis did a few things that some could say made her 'deserve' the booing...whereas Serena was pretty much just playing today w/o being controversial at all!
maximus82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote