Tennis Forum banner

~*~* The Jelena Dokic Cheering Thread*~*~

3K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  King Aaron 
#1 ·
Jelena, WTF are you doing here?????? you belong on grass, and go defend your title. well anyways, since you're here, better make the best of it, take it home Jelena

Reactions: SM
#2 ·
Jelena Jelena Jelena.
What are you doing your having a bad season and grass is your best surface what are you doing on clay anyway best of luck and take another title hopefully get some confidence

#3 ·
Good Luck :)

#7 ·
I don't know ..... This could be the tournament Jelena wins matches in, It could be the tournament which gains her confidence. I admit, grass would've been better, but she could've drawn some risky unseeded players there in the 1st rnd. At least here the players are ranked lower.

Good Luck Jelena! Get some confidence and show us the fighting Jelena we know. I was hoping Jelena would win a slam b4 the Belgians, but now one of them def. has it, I hope Jelena can get one soon.

#9 ·
No, bad decision.

If she wanted matches, Birmingham should be the place. There are 16 seeds there I think and even if she draws a dangerous floater, that one match on grass is better than 2-3 matches on clay.

I guess only Jelena knows what she's doing. Since you're playing here, might as well go for the title Jelena! :D

#11 ·
pffff

green, green grass of home is in Birmingham next to Wimby and Eggy !

But best of luck Jelena, gain some confidence here !!! :D

#13 ·
Main Draw

1 DOKIC, Jelena
BYE

BENESOVA, Iveta CZE
GRANDE, Rita ITA

CAMERIN, Maria Elena ITA
WARTUSCH, Patricia AUT

MARTINEZ GRANADOS, Conchita ESP
8 SUAREZ, Paola ARG

9 FARINA ELIA, Silvia ITA
Q

KOUKALOVA, Klara CZE
TORRENS VALERO, Cristina ESP

BARNA, Anca GER
NAGYOVA, Henrieta SVK

HARKLEROAD, Ashley USA
5 FERNANDEZ, Clarisa ARG

7 CHLADKOVA, Denisa CZE
WC FAUTH, Evelyn AUT

WC BAMMER, Sybille AUT
HUSAROVA, Janette SVK

Q
MEDINA GARRIGUES, Anabel ESP

SCHETT, Barbara AUT
3 PISTOLESI, Anna ISR

8 MATEVZIC, Maja SLO
ROESCH, Angelika GER

MAJOLI, Iva CRO
Q

MANDULA, Petra HUN
Q

BYE
2 ZVONAREVA, Vera RUS

#17 ·
in a way the clay could be a better choice here; as already mentioned the field is weaker so she should win some much needed matches, also she needs some good long matches on the clay to get a bit match fit, also the rallies are tougher so she can work n her patience..

rita grande will be a tough match IMO cos she will make jelena hit alot of balls so good luck!

#19 ·
At first i was a bit confused by playing here, but actually, it may be a good choice.

If she can win some matches here and maybe go far, maybe the SF or something, it may just be enough to give her the confidence that she's been lacking...and with the weaker draw here than on grass, it might be easier for her to get those wins here than at Birmingham.

However, she was unclucky with the draw, having Suarez in the QF's....probably the toughest QF she could've asked for.

Good Luck for your first match Jelena!!!!!

Hopefully this tournament will help you get back to 50% winnings for this year! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.