Wimbledon'14: The Lawn Of Dreams: A Decade On - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 15th, 2014, 02:27 PM   #31
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon'14: The Lawn Of Dreams: A Decade On

lovely pics OP
cmon maria
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 15th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #32
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Maria!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
I genuinely think we'll get a Martha/Guest match at Wimbledon.
Provided both can actually find enough form (one on grass, the other in general) to reach that stage
I would love that so much. I miss Guest tbh.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #33
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

I hope Maria will face Brito, Oudin, Kimiko, Giorgi....
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 02:54 PM   #34
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
If you want Svetlio to continue his winning streak then taint this thread

And I'll consider closing it
It's clear that Svetlio only opens a GS tournament thread when he's 90% sure Maria will win that tournament. He's a smart man.

This is your chance to become Maria's another lucky charm.

Other than her serve speed, Maria is playing the best tennis of her career; especially the way she defends the baseline.

I don't know whether Maria will win 2014 Wimbledon, but I can't think of any players who is capable of beating her.

Maria will either win 2014 Wimbledon, or she will beat herself.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #35
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
It's clear that Svetlio only opens a GS tournament thread when he's 90% sure Maria will win that tournament. He's a smart man.

This is your chance to become Maria's another lucky charm.

Other than her serve speed, Maria is playing the best tennis of her career; especially the way she defends the baseline.

I don't know whether Maria will win 2014 Wimbledon, but I can't think of any players who is capable of beating her.

Maria will either win 2014 Wimbledon, or she will beat herself.
I don't think so and grass is something different. Maria can not defends like clay in grass so better not give her opponent some soft ball and better start the match better
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 03:17 PM   #36
country flag CR3WLFC

CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of CR3WLFC has much to be proud of

Really due for a good grass run! Hoping for domi and vika matchup along the way.
CR3WLFC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #37
country flag wehan6

wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light

When I first saw that line:''She's playing the best tennis of her career''...

I agree with you in a sense she's playing the best DEFENDING tennis of her career though

I remember when Maria won FO 2012 I was on cloud 9 and I thought she was going to win everything from then on...This isn't clay,on clay I feel like Maria can push through her shitty play and do some great defending,on grass I don't think so.I mean she can still push through,but if she meets a great ballstriker who is feeling very inspired and Maria isn't playing her A game,she could be in trouble.Over the last few years I think the results she had at Wimbledon wasn't a flop,she lost to GOATpetra in 2011,Sabine in 2012 who is like GOAT on grass and a very inspired irritating biatch last year in R2 and also Maria fell and hurt herself and couldn't play her best in that match and the courts where slippery.I guess you could say all of these are excuses,but seriously when everyone withdrew from Wimbledon last year because they hurt themselves and Roger flopped in R2,then you should know last year was a complete mess!
wehan6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #38
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Her shaky serve just won't cut it on grass. Hope is high. My belief is middling.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 04:13 PM   #39
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future

Finally! I've been waiting for this thread for awhile. Come on Maria, scratch that ten year itch.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 04:15 PM   #40
country flag Fan de Tennis

Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold

My dream : Maria beating Lisicki in 4th round and winning the all thing beating in final....... Serena.
Fan de Tennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 04:21 PM   #41
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

She's losing in the 4th round. And I won't even care now that she has RG under her belt

Btw, am I right in saying she can't even draw Lisicki until the quarterfinals because of their seedings? Lisicki is seeded 19th, which means she'll have to draw one of seeds #13-16 in the 3R, who can only draw seeds #1-4 in the 4R...
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 04:30 PM   #42
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux Squall View Post
I hope Maria will face Brito, Oudin, Kimiko, Giorgi....
Me too. I hate those silly h2hs.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 04:33 PM   #43
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I wouldnt say that. she has had some bad luck and tough draws over the last 5 years. She is not as bad on grass as people make out. If she stays away from Serena and she is not exhausted I see no reason why she couldnt make it to the final 4 at least.
I agree about the bolded part, but I think (lately) she is pretty bad on grass if you compare it to the other surfaces. Of course, her bad is still better than most players' good, but then again, one inspired opponent is all it takes for her to pack her bags. The thing is, on grass, there is no time and space for slow starts. Serve is more important than on other surfaces and you can't count on her breaking as much as she usually does to compensate for the loss of her service games. Plus, we'll see how burned out she'll turn out to be. For me, this will be a stress-free Wimbledon, as I have basically zero expectations (now watch me be extremely pissed off if she bombs out early ). That being said, I would be more than satisfied with a SF, provided she doesn't draw Serena in her quarter (again )

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 04:37 PM   #44
country flag riff

riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all

during the RG final I promised not to demand anything if Maria won.
I will keep my promise. everything she achieves now is a bonus.
On grass she has the least chance. Her best chance is on clay and has been since quite awhile.
riff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #45
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

I am just hoping for a QF.
stegall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote