Rubin def. Mandula 4-6 6-2 7-5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:19 PM   #1
King Lindsay

King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point
Rubin def. Mandula 4-6 6-2 7-5

tough luck for Petra, but another very impressive run at RG.

Chanda continues to fight through her matches. she's been tested by her last three opponents, but she's managed to fight through everytime. so the quarters she goes and to a meeting with Henin-Hardenne, whom she schooled on the Miami hardcourts in march. chanda's never been past the QF of the french. and I believe she's only had one Slam SF in her entire career! Is this the time...
King Lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:21 PM   #2
country flag V.Melb

V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute
Petra... i really wanted you to win!

Now i have to watch Chanda on T.v ..... despite the fact that i respect her greatly, i find her very very very booooring to watch!
V.Melb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:26 PM   #3
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute
V.Melb, Chanda is a very smart player on the court, I find it exciting to see her working through a point, and you can just see her changing up her tactics and mixing it up with baseline rallies, ventures to the net, etc. Hopefully she will do the right things against Justine on the clay.

Nice win for Chanda, and a great effort from Petra, nice to see her playing well again.
"Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. Any if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Randy H is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:27 PM   #4
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
How is Chanda doing? They have yet to
show even clips of her matches on the
highlight show. It's like she's a phantom or
something.
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:28 PM   #5
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
Oh no!!

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:29 PM   #6
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute
Good work for Chanda and Mandula, too making the fourth round and taking Chanda to three sets.

No offense to Chanda, whom I respect tremendously, but I really want Justine to win this match and win the tournament. Her game is just so much better than Chanda on clay. All the Justine fans remember Chanda just thrashing Justine at Miami and I, for one, is kinda shaky about this QF match up but I trust Justine to hopefully do well.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:30 PM   #7
venusfan

venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of
Chanda is lucky to have gotten through, she blew a 3-0 lead and 5-3 lead in the 3rd set.
"I told her, `You don't want to get into a hitting battle with Sharapova, because it would be uneven for Sharapova, because Sharapova only has one good side and that's her backhand,"'. "`You don't want to get into that for the simple reason you would win. So try to hit some balls to her strong side, to her backhand, and that would help you with your match for tomorrow

Sir Richard Williams
venusfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:38 PM   #8
King Lindsay

King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes she is lucky to get through. and not just this match, but her last two as well. But you know, the fact that she's had to fight back and struggle for everything just might work in her favour against Justine.

but if I had to pick a winner of the QF, I'd have to go with JHH.
King Lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:38 PM   #9
Chance
Keeper of Secrets

Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future
I knew this was going to be tough. The last time I saw Petra, was when Kim crushed her in the AusOpen.. but it seems RG brings out the the best in her. Congratulations Chanda for making the quarters.. it's been sooooo long

Only thing is I reallllllly want a Serena and Justine Semi, so I'll be pulling for Justine!

Veelieve
Chance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:40 PM   #10
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
Congrats Chanda, welcome back to the top tier!

Shaky win(s) will have to play better against Justine.
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

ASAGOE~BOVINA~JANKOVIC~MOLIK
MYSKINA~SCHNYDER~ZVONAREVA

THE YOUNG GUNS

BACSINSZKY~CHAKVATADZE~IVANOVIC
JACKSON~KIRILENKO~LINETSKAYA
MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

BEYGELZIMER~DOKIC~HARKLEROAD
SPREM~VAKULENKO

Dava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:41 PM   #11
country flag lee station

lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future
I've been watching it since the ending of the 2nd set. Chanda fell in the 3rd, but didn't suffer any injuries.
Good job Chanda!
lee station is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:46 PM   #12
country flag schris

schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Chanda

Friday, 13 August 1999

"I`ve Done What I`ve Wanted To Do.

I Have Nothing More To Prove."
schris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:56 PM   #13
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't Chanda thrive on deficits?

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote