Williams fans: it should be noted that... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 31st, 2003, 12:25 PM   #1
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
Williams fans: it should be noted that...

...the real Venus Williams flew into Paris today at about 12 oclock local time

shes a few days late....but better late than never darlin

she says shes sorry she took so long and hopefully she'll be ready to take on the rather tricky Vera Zvonereva tomorrow (go Venus)
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2003, 12:29 PM   #2
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
Yeah Venus played better today, but her oppoenent did'nt turn up. I was looking forward to that match I thought it would be quite good.

Hopefully Vera and Venus can get it on, and make something of a good match tommorow.
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

ASAGOE~BOVINA~JANKOVIC~MOLIK
MYSKINA~SCHNYDER~ZVONAREVA

THE YOUNG GUNS

BACSINSZKY~CHAKVATADZE~IVANOVIC
JACKSON~KIRILENKO~LINETSKAYA
MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

BEYGELZIMER~DOKIC~HARKLEROAD
SPREM~VAKULENKO

Dava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:30 PM   #3
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute
SJW,
Thanks for the info. "Better late than never" is the truth!!!!!

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:32 PM   #4
TeeRexx

TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
I'm glad that VENUS ran that imposter out of town as well.
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:34 PM   #5
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
in all honesty i think the rather lovely Silvia didnt get the chance to show up

yea 4 for 22 doesnt make good reading, but when u consider Venus had 30 on both fronts, its clear who dominated it

when you compare it with Clijsters' match....Suarez was like 15 for 43 and Kim 22-28 (i think those were the basics, but that was the general jist)

i just saw the Venus i know out there....not that whoever whos been playing the past couple of days, and i like it
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:36 PM   #6
QUEENLINDSAY

QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future
I wanna meet the fake Venus then, she could be my hitting partner. lol!!!!!!

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:44 PM   #7
Foot_Fault

Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute
I am glad she told that other which to LEAVE! Will the real Venus Williams, Please Stand up, Please Stand up, Please Stand up.

Yea i compared Venus' #'s to Kims....
Venus
Serve, 49%(Low), But she hit six aces
UE's, 30
Winners, 30
5 of 7 break pts(she was broken once and faced only one bp)
and at the net 64%
(pretty good, more aggressive)
52 minutes to complete the match
Played clean considering Sylvia only had 22 UE's

Kim
serve 61%(moderate and steady) 3 aces
UE's, 28
winners, 22
4 of 12 break pts (broken once faced four)
5 of 8 at net 63%
1 hour 4 mins to complete (still agressive and in form) Had help from Suarez with 44 UE's

Rafael Nadal

Venus Williams

2000, 2001, 2005, 2007 and 2008 Wimbledon Champion - Venus Williams Kicks GrASS!!
Foot_Fault is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:46 PM   #8
country flag SJW

i also think Farina Elia is a better player than Suarez...her top ranking is higher etc shes had a bad yr this year, but is still top 30, and is more consistent than Suarez IMO
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:47 PM   #9
country flag Bezz

Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future
Venus definitley played better than her last match, but vera is a better player than farina elia, she is gonna have her hands full with the Russian- i still expect her to win though.
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:54 PM   #10
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
VENUS!!

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:59 PM   #11
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
I was actually extremely nervous about today's match and shocked to see she won so easily.

That's my girl!

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 01:14 PM   #12
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute
Good job Venus. It was just poor tennis from her the first two rounds but looks like she's playing smarter tennis now. But Vera will be a very, very tough opponent and could be looking to break through. Vera took off a set last year from Serena and Vera is now playing so much better and Venus looks to just be getting things together. If Vera can be clean she might take it to three and a win. Should be an exciting match along with the Capriati/Petrova match.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 01:19 PM   #13
Kirt12255

Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute
Being from Aus....Tennis Australia (Or the Anex as I now call them) she would want to ship up or be shipped out next round IMO

(Not a Williams hater...re-wrote an article on her fashion business from my local paper, that took me 2 hours...only to realise it had been written before)

Nadia almost took Venus out at The Australian Womens HC at Hope Island...when Venus was playing great, before her injuries.

Clay is not a natural surface for any non-european...especially this stuff that should be slapped on a potters wheel and turned into a pot.

IMO Jen is playing very well and could spring a few suprises...my pic for the title. No pressure and cruising very well (perhaps too well too early).

I think Venus is a great gal.....and wish both of them the best of luck
Old May 31st, 2003, 01:21 PM   #14
Kirt12255

Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow...too many wines...thought she played Nadia for a second obviously LOL
Old May 31st, 2003, 01:25 PM   #15
Kirt12255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirt12255
Wow...too many wines...thought she played Nadia for a second obviously LOL
Guess I meant to say that Russian Gal Never seen Vera play...but seen her results....Sorry here in Aus we get the Slams, Hopman Cup and Adidas Inter....all events with the ATP. Hello!!!!!!!!!