59kg,overweight??? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 30th, 2003, 03:15 PM   #1
country flag Eiffel

Eiffel has disabled reputation
Post 59kg,overweight???

"It's like an American thing. Pretty much everyone thinks they're overweight. I currently
Williams outclassed German Barbara Rittner 6-2 6-1 to register her 29th successive grand slam win.
Williams, who was beaten by Henin-Hardenne at the Family Circle Cup in South Carolina last month, is determined to avenge the defeat, given recent criticisms the Belgian has a better all-round game.
Williams shrugged off the jibes again yesterday and dealt with another sensitive issue: her weight.
"Well, I haven't stepped on a scale in about six, seven years," said the world No. 1, who says she weighs 59kg. "I will never step on a scale, so I'm not sure if I lost weight or not.
believe like I need to lose 15 pounds (7kg). Even Venus says she needs to lose 15 pounds, which we know is ridiculous.
"I can get depressed . . . because muscle weighs a lot."
Williams says her game can take on an even more threatening dimension as she heeds the advice of former great Billie Jean King and Wimbledon finalist Zina Garrison, who have been urging her to attack the net more.
"There's nothing like having confidence," Williams said.
"When I'm coming to the net, I feel like I'm going to make my volley every time.
"Before, honestly I didn't really enjoy to come, but now I look forward to the net and that is the big difference."
Eiffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2003, 03:19 PM   #2
Flatstat

Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point Flatstat is an unknown quantity at this point
59kg? Doesn't she know you have to put Both Legs on the scale?
Flatstat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 03:19 PM   #3
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute
Eiffel is 59 kg about 135 pounds, I'm guessing, right? When Serena said that in her interview she was joking. She knows she doesn't weigh 135 pounds... she said she hasn't stepped on a scale in 6 or 7 years because she'd get depressed. She'd like to believe she weighs 135 when it's more like 165. Good ol' denial.

"I believe in being polite, you know. In life, the elevator goes both ways, up and down."
-- Roger Federer

like my av? want one like it?
Cariaoke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 03:22 PM   #4
leslie

leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point
I notice Serena has lost quite a bit of weight.
leslie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 03:24 PM   #5
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute
when will people learn not to take every word Serena says literally... here are the quotes:
Quote:
Q. Can you talk about your fitness after Key Biscayne, what specifically did you do? Did you lose weight? Do you feel leaner? What did you do between then and now?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I haven't stepped on a scale in about six, seven years. I never will step on a scale, so I'm not sure if I lost weight or not.
I just worked a lot on my fitness, my legs, because coming into a clay court season, it's very important to have your legs in the best possible shape that you can be in, as well as obviously some gym stuff.
You go into Roland Garros, clay court season, I expected to play a few more matches in the clay court season, but I didn't.
You know, usually you have to be in really good shape.

Q. Why don't you like stepping on the scales? Is it because you can look in the mirror and just see how you are without getting it measured?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, I think it's like an American thing. No woman in America -- pretty much everyone thinks they're overweight. I currently believe like I need to lose 15 pounds (laughter). Even Venus says she needs to lose 15 pounds, which we know is ridiculous.
I don't know, that's just the way we are.

Q. So you don't step on the scale?
SERENA WILLIAMS: No. I can get depressed. Because muscle weighs a lot (smiling). I am 135 (laughter).
notice the "laughter". *sigh*

"I believe in being polite, you know. In life, the elevator goes both ways, up and down."
-- Roger Federer

Old May 30th, 2003, 03:25 PM   #6
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
LOL!!!!! the girl is funny

59 Kgs?! ROTF!!!! im around that and Serena has height and curves on me

i cant believe u take everything so literal...wtfs ur problem??
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 03:26 PM   #7
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
LMFAO@the laughter

Serena always has ppl cracking up
Old May 30th, 2003, 03:28 PM   #8
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Serena's a damn fool! On ESPN2, she told Chris Fowler that she's putting herself on punishment for losing in Rome. So she said, she's not leaving her hotel room to go out and have fun and she won't until she takes her tennis seriously.

-- Roger Federer

Old May 30th, 2003, 03:30 PM   #9
country flag SJW

LMFAO omg she always has me ROTF

while its u whos usually got me ON the floor
Old May 30th, 2003, 03:33 PM   #10
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

"legs wide, elbows low, gettin' dirty on the flo' "

-- Roger Federer

Old May 30th, 2003, 03:35 PM   #11
country flag SJW

on the flo is where i be
getting freaky with Cari
Old May 30th, 2003, 03:37 PM   #12
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

moaning and groaning
the neighbors shol be phonin'
makin' sjw scream for more
while the 5-0 is at my door

-- Roger Federer

Old May 30th, 2003, 03:40 PM   #13
country flag SJW

huffing and puffing
giving good lovin
left wantin for nothin
not the police whos handcuffin
Old May 30th, 2003, 03:46 PM   #14
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

love it when you shake it fast
givin' me plenty to grab
not ashamed to let me know
how deep you want me to go

-- Roger Federer