Macedonian tennis! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 21st, 2014, 03:41 AM   #31
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Macedonian tennis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
The first step for FYROM should be to form a Fed Cup team

Gjorcheska has improved a lot. She hasn't shown that she can do much above the 10K level but she's a solid #1 for a country like FYROM. Stoilkovska isn't really good. She still can't get a WTA ranking despite traveling to Asia for weak 10Ks.

There was a player Josifoska who was top 500 WTA (I think?) and then she went to college in the US. She should have graduated by now, I'm surprised she hasn't returned to the tour. They could have a solid Group 2 Fed Cup team with Josifoska and Gjorcheska.

Anyways the good news for FYROM is that they aren't really great in other sports so it's likely that Gjorcheska could get a WC for the Rio Olympics. In London they only had 4 athletes total and none of them were qualified (they all got WCs in their sports). It would be a shame if the ITF don't give her an Olympic wildcard
*coughs*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ahem.jpg (42.7 KB, 6 views)
Advertisement

Old Jul 21st, 2014, 05:45 AM   #32
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *O.R* View Post
Well I will root for Lina now thanks to Gerry Ajde

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM View Post
*coughs*
Will we start a new Greek/Macedonian war here? Great image btw, I agree with the message.

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 11:02 PM   #33

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

This week are European Championships. I'll be watching the MKD girls performances in U14, U16 & U18 categories.

There are 2 girls in U14, 2 in U16, & 2 in U18. GL girls!

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Old Jul 22nd, 2014, 02:49 PM   #34

Lina Keep going

I agree with you. I still thought FYROM was the official name of the country though. Wasn't it at some point?

Old Jul 22nd, 2014, 05:08 PM   #35
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Ajde Lina

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2014, 05:11 PM   #36
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute

After the breakup of Yugoslavia in 1991, the name of Macedonia became the object of a dispute between Greece and the newly independent Republic of Macedonia.

The UN adopted the provisional reference "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" (Macedonian: Поранешна Југословенска Република Македонија) when the country was admitted to the organisation in 1993 (to be used ONLY in diplomatic relations)

However, most UN member countries have abandoned the provisional reference and have recognised the country as the Republic of Macedonia instead! GREECE WOULD NEVER

The UN has set up a negotiating process with a mediator, Matthew Nimetz, and the two disputed parties, Macedonia and Greece, to try to mediate the dispute. Negotiations continue between the two sides but have yet to reach any settlement of the dispute.
Old Jul 22nd, 2014, 07:27 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM View Post
After the breakup of Yugoslavia in 1991, the name of Macedonia became the object of a dispute between Greece and the newly independent Republic of Macedonia.

The UN adopted the provisional reference "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" (Macedonian: Поранешна Југословенска Република Македонија) when the country was admitted to the organisation in 1993 (to be used ONLY in diplomatic relations)

However, most UN member countries have abandoned the provisional reference and have recognised the country as the Republic of Macedonia instead! GREECE WOULD NEVER

The UN has set up a negotiating process with a mediator, Matthew Nimetz, and the two disputed parties, Macedonia and Greece, to try to mediate the dispute. Negotiations continue between the two sides but have yet to reach any settlement of the dispute.
Thanks for your answer, very informative post!

Old Jul 22nd, 2014, 08:51 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing Streak View Post
This week are European Championships. I'll be watching the MKD girls performances in U14, U16 & U18 categories.

There are 2 girls in U14, 2 in U16, & 2 in U18. GL girls!

U14

Both girls had a bye in R1.

And both girls lost in R2.

Marija Elenova lost to Karolina Tilander, 1 & 2.
Darija Krzovska lost to Rebekka La Cour Hillingso, 3 & 1.

U16

R1

Katarina Marinkovikj lost to Berfu Cengiz, 4 & 2.
Bistra Petreska lost to Daria Orichkevitch, 3 & 0.

U18

R1

Doris Aleksovska lost to Damira Muminovic, 1 & 1.
Tanja Stojanovska got a bye.

R2

Tanja Stojanovska lost to Jasmin Buchta, 4 & 4.

Close loss.

EJC already over for MKD girls.

Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 04:51 PM   #39
country flag SM

LINA IN TO 2ND ROUND SINGLES, SEMI FINALS OF DOUBLES. 10K , PALIC, SRBIJA. AJDE

SINGLES
Lina GJORCHESKA (MKD) [3] 6-3 6-2 Camelia-Elena HRISTEA (ROU)

DOUBLES
Quarterfinal
Barbara BONIC (SRB) / Natasa ZORIC (SRB) 3-6 6-2 [10-6] Martina KUBICIKOVA (CZE) / Tereza MALIKOVA (CZE) [1]
Lina GJORCHESKA (MKD) / Elizaveta IANCHUK (UKR) [4] 3-6 6-2 [10-7] Karolina CECHOVA (CZE) / Nikola HORAKOVA (CZE)
Irina Maria BARA (ROU) / Camelia-Elena HRISTEA (ROU) [3] Walkover Mina MARKOVIC (SRB) / Federica PRATI (ITA)
Agnes BUKTA (HUN) / Gabriela PANTUCKOVA (CZE) [2] 6-0 6-3 Karolina BENACKOVA (CZE) / Martina KOSTALOVA (SVK)
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 04:57 PM   #40
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Ajde

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #41

Lina lost to Natalia Vajdova in R2, 4 & 3.

Old Jul 24th, 2014, 08:58 PM   #42
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute

Lina
Bojana Jovanovski/Jelena Janković/Ana Ivanović/Vesna Dolonc/Aleksandra Krunić/Jovana Jakšić/Ivana Jorović/Doroteja Erić/Katarina Jokić/Nina Stojanović/Dejana Radanović/Nikolina Jović/Natalija Kostić/Tamara Čurović/Jelena Dokić/Kristina Mladenović/Andrea Petković
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2014, 01:48 AM   #43
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

It's sad that I came into this thread being nice, and SM is trying to start problems with me. I said nothing negative and didn't come here to talk politics. Sure I said "FYROM" here, and maybe you find that offensive, but you should be used to it by now since your country is called that by many others like FIBA and UEFA. You don't see me complaining that the thread is called "Macedonian tennis" and not "FYR Macedonian tennis" or anything. You even gave me a bad rep

Also everything I said in my post about tennis in FYROM your country is the TRUTH. I don't have any issue with your tennis players and hope nothing but the best for them. I came into this thread without starting about politics, that was you who started it. If I didn't have the Greek flag next to my name you wouldn't have quoted my post and said "*coughs*"

I said Gjorcheska keeps improving but hasn't shown much above the 10K level and you can't even debate that. Hopefully she will eventually be able to progress further, but so far she has only won one 10K (in singles) which was TWO years ago. In the past year, she has only played two non-10Ks and one was a 15K which is basically the same thing and the other was a 50K and she lost in QR2.

What I said about Stoilkovska is true, but maybe she is reading this thread and will get motivated by my comments? That would be good.

I said positive things about Josifoska

And what I said about the Olympics is also TRUE, whether you like it or not. I even wished that Lina would get a wild card for Rio and I think she has a very good chance if you ask me, so that would be amazing for tennis in your country.

Hopefully the recent success of Serbian and Bulgarian tennis can inspire kids in your nation. If not, then maybe naturalizing players a la Kazakhstan can be the first step, after all you guys do it in other sports like water polo and basketball that give you guys competitive teams so maybe it can work in tennis too

Like I said before, I didn't come into this thread to bring up political crap or be negative. I came to support my neighbors and I hope I can be accepted into this thread and be able to participate freely here. Thank you

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #44
country flag SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
It's sad that I came into this thread being nice, and SM is trying to start problems with me. I said nothing negative and didn't come here to talk politics. Sure I said "FYROM" here, and maybe you find that offensive, but you should be used to it by now since your country is called that by many others like FIBA and UEFA. You don't see me complaining that the thread is called "Macedonian tennis" and not "FYR Macedonian tennis" or anything. You even gave me a bad rep

Also everything I said in my post about tennis in FYROM your country is the TRUTH. I don't have any issue with your tennis players and hope nothing but the best for them. I came into this thread without starting about politics, that was you who started it. If I didn't have the Greek flag next to my name you wouldn't have quoted my post and said "*coughs*"

I said Gjorcheska keeps improving but hasn't shown much above the 10K level and you can't even debate that. Hopefully she will eventually be able to progress further, but so far she has only won one 10K (in singles) which was TWO years ago. In the past year, she has only played two non-10Ks and one was a 15K which is basically the same thing and the other was a 50K and she lost in QR2.

What I said about Stoilkovska is true, but maybe she is reading this thread and will get motivated by my comments? That would be good.

I said positive things about Josifoska

And what I said about the Olympics is also TRUE, whether you like it or not. I even wished that Lina would get a wild card for Rio and I think she has a very good chance if you ask me, so that would be amazing for tennis in your country.

Hopefully the recent success of Serbian and Bulgarian tennis can inspire kids in your nation. If not, then maybe naturalizing players a la Kazakhstan can be the first step, after all you guys do it in other sports like water polo and basketball that give you guys competitive teams so maybe it can work in tennis too

Like I said before, I didn't come into this thread to bring up political crap or be negative. I came to support my neighbors and I hope I can be accepted into this thread and be able to participate freely here. Thank you
Well Macedonian people exist, a macedonian ethnicity exists, a macedonian culture exists, a macedonian language does exist. As does Serbian, Bulgarian, Slovenian, Bosnian etc. They did not disappear when Greece took about half their territory or when Yugoslavia broke apart.

The majority of people, the USA, says Macedonia not FYROM.

you sound like this reporter LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVE7LQqS-4A

Last edited by SM : Aug 2nd, 2014 at 07:19 PM.
SM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #45
country flag SM

BTW Lina won the doubles 10k in Palic Serbia
ajde Lina, samo napred i so srejka...close singles score better luck next time, still a title in the doubles!!!

By the way Hellas, good WTA players for other countries like Jovanovski and Cvetkovska have one Macedonian parent.
The best male junior in the world Stefan Kozlov was born in Skopje and is Macedonian ethnicity but plays for America.

Not bad for a country of about 2 million. .

Last edited by SM : Jul 27th, 2014 at 10:11 AM.
SM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote