The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 27 – Girl Groups - Congrats to Unnoticed - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #31
country flag Litotes
Senior Member
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,561
Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

In and song sent, btw. I see I'm #3 on the list Actually wondered if I'd make it even higher up, but Greg managed to decide quicker than me again
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:43 PM   #32
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!
 
Shvedbarilescu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 19,831
Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

This is a challenging category for sure. To be honest, I kind of wish Hugues did narrow it down to 60s girl bands or all female groups or female rock bands of last 30 years or well almost any kind of narrowing down at all because frankly as it is this is just really tough for me to choose just one song. There are literally hundreds of amazing all female bands, some who are all vocal bands and some who play all their instruments as well.

Looking at the sixties, there are numerous Motown bands, several Phil Spector produced bands, then there are the Shangri Las, the Shirelles, the Angels and that's just a few of the really famous US bands. There are several less known British and French bands I'm thinking about too. And then of course there are dozens fine 60s all girl bands who played their own instruments as well, an excellent list of such bands appearing here...http://www.amoeba.com/blog/2014/03/e...ry-month-.html
Even that list isn't complete as it doesn't include She, Les Petites Souris and loads of cool Quebecois bands like Les Bises, Les Beatlettes and Les Milady's.

And then there are all the great post punk girl bands, like Kleenex/Liliput, the Slits, the Raincoats, Y Pants, The Bush Tetras, the Bloods, the Dolly Mixture and Ut. And great retro garage rock vocal bands like the Delmonas, thee Headcoatees and the Pussywillows. Add to that all the girl bands emerging from the riot grrl movement like Bratmobile, Slant 6, Sleater-Kinney, Autoclave, Le Tigre, Heavens to Betsy and the Frumpies, other cool bands from the 80s and 90s like L7, Scrawl, Look Blue Go Purple, Electrelane, Cub, Lungleg, the Pandoras, the Neo Boys, the 5678s, Shonen Knife and the list goes on and on. And of course there are even a few recent girl bands like the Vivian Girls, the Dum Dum Girls, Finally Punk, Mika Miko and the Coathangers. And the thing is I am just skirting around the surface hear naming a few of my favs when really there are 100s upon 100s of other bands both vocal and vocal/instumental.

To chose just one single song from all this is just going to be brutally hard on poor me.

I really am torn between about 50 or so songs right now and narrowing that down to one is going to be painful.

Oh, for those who are struggling to find a suitable song, these two lists might be helpful:
http://www.discogs.com/lists/All-Fem...-/19424?page=1
http://www.waybackattack.com/top100-girlgroups.html
__________________
Shvedbarilescu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #33
country flag ^bibi^
... as though I were in a snake pit...
 
^bibi^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: At the movies
Posts: 29,704
^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
In and song sent, btw. I see I'm #3 on the list Actually wondered if I'd make it even higher up, but Greg managed to decide quicker than me again
And yet it took me quite some time to decide, but I decided to do that before I started listening to the SF's of the 25th game
__________________
VOTE for your favorite Players in PYW

Current tournaments
Find the latest tournaments here

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha 1983-2014 †
^bibi^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #34
country flag Jack.
Senior Member
 
Jack.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dublin
Posts: 5,913
Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
It was quite specific it had to be more than two.

It's logical - two is not a group, that's a duo.
I know, I know. But I was just hoping that there was a slight hope I could enter my song. It's my favourite song of all time but there's no categories for it to fit into.
__________________
Resident fan of the ever slumping Karolina Wozniacki.



Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:46 PM   #35
country flag ^bibi^
... as though I were in a snake pit...
 
^bibi^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: At the movies
Posts: 29,704
^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack. View Post
I know, I know. But I was just hoping that there was a slight hope I could enter my song. It's my favourite song of all time but there's no categories for it to fit into.
Every now and then we have open games so that could be an opportunity to enter it ;-)
__________________
VOTE for your favorite Players in PYW

Current tournaments
Find the latest tournaments here

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha 1983-2014 †
^bibi^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #36
country flag ^bibi^
... as though I were in a snake pit...
 
^bibi^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: At the movies
Posts: 29,704
^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
This is a challenging category for sure. To be honest, I kind of wish Hugues did narrow it down to 60s girl bands or all female groups or female rock bands of last 30 years or well almost any kind of narrowing down at all because frankly as it is this is just really tough for me to choose just one song. There are literally hundreds of amazing all female bands, some who are all vocal bands and some who play all their instruments as well.

Looking at the sixties, there are numerous Motown bands, several Phil Spector produced bands, then there are the Shangri Las, the Shirelles, the Angels and that's just a few of the really famous US bands. There are several less known British and French bands I'm thinking about too. And then of course there are dozens fine 60s all girl bands who played their own instruments as well, an excellent list of such bands appearing here...http://www.amoeba.com/blog/2014/03/e...ry-month-.html
Even that list isn't complete as it doesn't include She, Les Petites Souris and loads of cool Quebecois bands like Les Bises, Les Beatlettes and Les Milady's.

And then there are all the great post punk girl bands, like Kleenex/Liliput, the Slits, the Raincoats, Y Pants, The Bush Tetras, the Bloods, the Dolly Mixture and Ut. And great retro garage rock vocal bands like the Delmonas, thee Headcoatees and the Pussywillows. Add to that all the girl bands emerging from the riot grrl movement like Bratmobile, Slant 6, Sleater-Kinney, Autoclave, Le Tigre, Heavens to Betsy and the Frumpies, other cool bands from the 80s and 90s like L7, Scrawl, Look Blue Go Purple, Electrelane, Cub, Lungleg, the Pandoras, the Neo Boys, the 5678s, Shonen Knife and the list goes on and on. And of course there are even a few recent girl bands like the Vivian Girls, the Dum Dum Girls, Finally Punk, Mika Miko and the Coathangers. And the thing is I am just skirting around the surface hear naming a few of my favs when really there are 100s upon 100s of other bands both vocal and vocal/instumental.

To chose just one single song from all this is just going to be brutally hard on poor me.

I really am torn between about 50 or so songs right now and narrowing that down to one is going to be painful.

Oh, for those who are struggling to find a suitable song, these two lists might be helpful:
http://www.discogs.com/lists/All-Fem...-/19424?page=1
http://www.waybackattack.com/top100-girlgroups.html
I believe you forgot the Spice Girls in your list
__________________
VOTE for your favorite Players in PYW

Current tournaments
Find the latest tournaments here

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha 1983-2014 †
^bibi^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #37
country flag Litotes
Senior Member
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,561
Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack. View Post
I know, I know. But I was just hoping that there was a slight hope I could enter my song. It's my favourite song of all time but there's no categories for it to fit into.
I'm sure we'll get an open category not to long into the future so you can enter it there
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #38
country flag sfar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 849
sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

Just sent my song. I thought I wouldn't find something suitable for this category, but I have!! And I guess many few will know them, maybe Chris or Hugues...

The only expectation I have is that someone discoveries the song and gives it some points.
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #39
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brighton
Posts: 12,017
AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^bibi^ View Post
I believe you forgot the Spice Girls in your list
Wot no Sugababes or Atomic Kitten
__________________
Tennis Tipping
Singles (Rank : 2) (High : 1)

Titles (6) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome
Doubles - (Rank : 1) (High : 1)
Titles - (13) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:51 PM   #40
country flag Litotes
Senior Member
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,561
Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
This is a challenging category for sure. To be honest, I kind of wish Hugues did narrow it down to 60s girl bands or all female groups or female rock bands of last 30 years or well almost any kind of narrowing down at all because frankly as it is this is just really tough for me to choose just one song. There are literally hundreds of amazing all female bands, some who are all vocal bands and some who play all their instruments as well.

If you need narrowing down I can help you. Use something beginning with the same letter as the 3rd letter in your Mother's maiden surname, and from the same year as the last two digits in your phone number
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #41
country flag ^bibi^
... as though I were in a snake pit...
 
^bibi^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: At the movies
Posts: 29,704
^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Wot no Sugababes or Atomic Kitten
This Chris doesn't really know a thing about music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
If you need narrowing down I can help you. Use something beginning with the same letter as the 3rd letter in your Mother's maiden surname, and from the same year as the last two digits in your phone number
__________________
VOTE for your favorite Players in PYW

Current tournaments
Find the latest tournaments here

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha 1983-2014 †
^bibi^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #42
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!
 
Shvedbarilescu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 19,831
Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Wot no Sugababes or Atomic Kitten
I said I was just skirting around the surface. Of course I didn't mention every obscure/ unknown band out there. Who is Atomic Kitten anyway?
__________________
Shvedbarilescu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #43
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!
 
Shvedbarilescu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 19,831
Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
If you need narrowing down I can help you. Use something beginning with the same letter as the 3rd letter in your Mother's maiden surname, and from the same year as the last two digits in your phone number
A nice idea. Thank you. But sadly, it hasn't done the trick.

The last 2 digits in my phone number are 38. The 3rd letter in my mother's maiden name is "N". I'm stumped. I think that narrows it down to zero.
__________________
Shvedbarilescu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 10:02 PM   #44
country flag Silent Bird
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Dakota Junction
Posts: 5,329
Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups - Nominate

I see Chris mentioned the band whose song I'm going to submit in this game
Silent Bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 10:02 PM   #45
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brighton
Posts: 12,017
AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
I said I was just skirting around the surface. Of course I didn't mention every obscure/ unknown band out there. Who is Atomic Kitten anyway?
I actually had the misfortune of sitting through a show of theirs once - they were the support act at a Steps concert in their Kerry Katona days
__________________
Tennis Tipping
Singles (Rank : 2) (High : 1)

Titles (6) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome
Doubles - (Rank : 1) (High : 1)
Titles - (13) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios