The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 27 – Girl Groups - Congrats to Unnoticed - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #31
country flag Litotes

Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups

In and song sent, btw. I see I'm #3 on the list Actually wondered if I'd make it even higher up, but Greg managed to decide quicker than me again
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:43 PM   #32
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

This is a challenging category for sure. To be honest, I kind of wish Hugues did narrow it down to 60s girl bands or all female groups or female rock bands of last 30 years or well almost any kind of narrowing down at all because frankly as it is this is just really tough for me to choose just one song. There are literally hundreds of amazing all female bands, some who are all vocal bands and some who play all their instruments as well.

Looking at the sixties, there are numerous Motown bands, several Phil Spector produced bands, then there are the Shangri Las, the Shirelles, the Angels and that's just a few of the really famous US bands. There are several less known British and French bands I'm thinking about too. And then of course there are dozens fine 60s all girl bands who played their own instruments as well, an excellent list of such bands appearing here...http://www.amoeba.com/blog/2014/03/e...ry-month-.html
Even that list isn't complete as it doesn't include She, Les Petites Souris and loads of cool Quebecois bands like Les Bises, Les Beatlettes and Les Milady's.

And then there are all the great post punk girl bands, like Kleenex/Liliput, the Slits, the Raincoats, Y Pants, The Bush Tetras, the Bloods, the Dolly Mixture and Ut. And great retro garage rock vocal bands like the Delmonas, thee Headcoatees and the Pussywillows. Add to that all the girl bands emerging from the riot grrl movement like Bratmobile, Slant 6, Sleater-Kinney, Autoclave, Le Tigre, Heavens to Betsy and the Frumpies, other cool bands from the 80s and 90s like L7, Scrawl, Look Blue Go Purple, Electrelane, Cub, Lungleg, the Pandoras, the Neo Boys, the 5678s, Shonen Knife and the list goes on and on. And of course there are even a few recent girl bands like the Vivian Girls, the Dum Dum Girls, Finally Punk, Mika Miko and the Coathangers. And the thing is I am just skirting around the surface hear naming a few of my favs when really there are 100s upon 100s of other bands both vocal and vocal/instumental.

To chose just one single song from all this is just going to be brutally hard on poor me.

I really am torn between about 50 or so songs right now and narrowing that down to one is going to be painful.

Oh, for those who are struggling to find a suitable song, these two lists might be helpful:
http://www.discogs.com/lists/All-Fem...-/19424?page=1
http://www.waybackattack.com/top100-girlgroups.html
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #33
country flag ^bibi^
... as though I were in a snake pit...

^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
In and song sent, btw. I see I'm #3 on the list Actually wondered if I'd make it even higher up, but Greg managed to decide quicker than me again
And yet it took me quite some time to decide, but I decided to do that before I started listening to the SF's of the 25th game

Current tournaments
Find the latest tournaments here

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha 1983-2014 †
^bibi^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #34
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was quite specific it had to be more than two.

It's logical - two is not a group, that's a duo.
I know, I know. But I was just hoping that there was a slight hope I could enter my song. It's my favourite song of all time but there's no categories for it to fit into.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:46 PM   #35
country flag ^bibi^

^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack. View Post
I know, I know. But I was just hoping that there was a slight hope I could enter my song. It's my favourite song of all time but there's no categories for it to fit into.
Every now and then we have open games so that could be an opportunity to enter it ;-)

Current tournaments

Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #36
country flag ^bibi^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
This is a challenging category for sure. To be honest, I kind of wish Hugues did narrow it down to 60s girl bands or all female groups or female rock bands of last 30 years or well almost any kind of narrowing down at all because frankly as it is this is just really tough for me to choose just one song. There are literally hundreds of amazing all female bands, some who are all vocal bands and some who play all their instruments as well.

Looking at the sixties, there are numerous Motown bands, several Phil Spector produced bands, then there are the Shangri Las, the Shirelles, the Angels and that's just a few of the really famous US bands. There are several less known British and French bands I'm thinking about too. And then of course there are dozens fine 60s all girl bands who played their own instruments as well, an excellent list of such bands appearing here...http://www.amoeba.com/blog/2014/03/e...ry-month-.html
Even that list isn't complete as it doesn't include She, Les Petites Souris and loads of cool Quebecois bands like Les Bises, Les Beatlettes and Les Milady's.

And then there are all the great post punk girl bands, like Kleenex/Liliput, the Slits, the Raincoats, Y Pants, The Bush Tetras, the Bloods, the Dolly Mixture and Ut. And great retro garage rock vocal bands like the Delmonas, thee Headcoatees and the Pussywillows. Add to that all the girl bands emerging from the riot grrl movement like Bratmobile, Slant 6, Sleater-Kinney, Autoclave, Le Tigre, Heavens to Betsy and the Frumpies, other cool bands from the 80s and 90s like L7, Scrawl, Look Blue Go Purple, Electrelane, Cub, Lungleg, the Pandoras, the Neo Boys, the 5678s, Shonen Knife and the list goes on and on. And of course there are even a few recent girl bands like the Vivian Girls, the Dum Dum Girls, Finally Punk, Mika Miko and the Coathangers. And the thing is I am just skirting around the surface hear naming a few of my favs when really there are 100s upon 100s of other bands both vocal and vocal/instumental.

To chose just one single song from all this is just going to be brutally hard on poor me.

I really am torn between about 50 or so songs right now and narrowing that down to one is going to be painful.

Oh, for those who are struggling to find a suitable song, these two lists might be helpful:
http://www.discogs.com/lists/All-Fem...-/19424?page=1
http://www.waybackattack.com/top100-girlgroups.html
I believe you forgot the Spice Girls in your list

Current tournaments

Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #37
country flag Litotes

Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future Litotes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack. View Post
I'm sure we'll get an open category not to long into the future so you can enter it there
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #38
country flag sfar

sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future

Just sent my song. I thought I wouldn't find something suitable for this category, but I have!! And I guess many few will know them, maybe Chris or Hugues...

The only expectation I have is that someone discoveries the song and gives it some points.
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #39
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^bibi^ View Post
I believe you forgot the Spice Girls in your list
Wot no Sugababes or Atomic Kitten

Titles (6) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome
Doubles - (Rank : 1) (High : 1)
Titles - (13) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:51 PM   #40
country flag Litotes

Quote:

If you need narrowing down I can help you. Use something beginning with the same letter as the 3rd letter in your Mother's maiden surname, and from the same year as the last two digits in your phone number
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #41
country flag ^bibi^

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
This Chris doesn't really know a thing about music

Quote:
If you need narrowing down I can help you. Use something beginning with the same letter as the 3rd letter in your Mother's maiden surname, and from the same year as the last two digits in your phone number

Current tournaments

Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #42
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
I said I was just skirting around the surface. Of course I didn't mention every obscure/ unknown band out there. Who is Atomic Kitten anyway?
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #43
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
A nice idea. Thank you. But sadly, it hasn't done the trick.

The last 2 digits in my phone number are 38. The 3rd letter in my mother's maiden name is "N". I'm stumped. I think that narrows it down to zero.
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 10:02 PM   #44
country flag Silent Bird

Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Twenty-Seven – Girl Groups - Nominate

I see Chris mentioned the band whose song I'm going to submit in this game
Silent Bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 10:02 PM   #45
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I said I was just skirting around the surface. Of course I didn't mention every obscure/ unknown band out there. Who is Atomic Kitten anyway?
I actually had the misfortune of sitting through a show of theirs once - they were the support act at a Steps concert in their Kerry Katona days

Titles (6) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome
Doubles - (Rank : 1) (High : 1)
Titles - (13) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote