Why does Babsi not want to be a top 10 player again? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 29th, 2003, 08:19 PM   #1
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
Why does Babsi not want to be a top 10 player again?

I heard in some documentary on the tennis channel she says that she does not want to bea top 10 player again.

I was wondering why, as it is a strange thing for a former top tenner to say for me.
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

ASAGOE~BOVINA~JANKOVIC~MOLIK
MYSKINA~SCHNYDER~ZVONAREVA

THE YOUNG GUNS

BACSINSZKY~CHAKVATADZE~IVANOVIC
JACKSON~KIRILENKO~LINETSKAYA
MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

BEYGELZIMER~DOKIC~HARKLEROAD
SPREM~VAKULENKO

Dava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2003, 08:30 PM   #2
Dracula

Dracula is just really nice Dracula is just really nice Dracula is just really nice Dracula is just really nice Dracula is just really nice Dracula is just really nice Dracula is just really nice Dracula is just really nice Dracula is just really nice Dracula is just really nice Dracula is just really nice
i heard she cut down a lot on the training shedule too, she just want to enjoy tennis without pressure i think
Dracula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 09:08 PM   #3
DA FOREHAND

DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe because she doesn't have a realistic shot at being top ten? Unless she joins Jelena's frequent flyer club.

"And for the best of the teen-agers who followed her, and who occasionally referred to her as over the hill, Graf had a ready answer: against top-ranked Martina Hingis, Graf wound up 7-2. Graf's stirring 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 throttling of Hingis at the French Open final this June was perhaps the most emphatic parting shot the game has ever seen. "

DA FOREHAND is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 09:11 PM   #4
CoryAnnAvants#1

CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute
I think Babsi wants to be a top tenner. Who wouldn't? I think what she means is that you have to work extremely hard and have tons of disclipline and dedication to be in the top 10, and she dosen't want to work that hard. Natasha Zvereva had the same problem.
CoryAnnAvants#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 09:38 PM   #5
country flag JackFrost

JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute
Its Babsi Schett you talk about, right?
It´s one thing, to want be a part of the top 10 and to be able to be a part of it. I honestly don´t believe, that Babsi can make it back in the top 10.
Maybe top 20, if sie really works for it.
JackFrost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 09:43 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point Underdog is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw the documentary and I believe her reasoning for not being a top ten player was the "loss of privacy" a top player deals with who is more well known.
Underdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 10:42 PM   #7
Iconoclast

Iconoclast has disabled reputation
If she is worried about loss of privacy, it's hard to fathom how she would get involved with a publication like the Mirror. She may have her regrets about that happening, of course, but she has never appeared to be a person who is afraid of the spotlight. And isn't it a bit too late to shy away at this stage. I have the impression she's very sough-after in Austria, still. And she seems to be highly popular on the Tour as well. Even after her ranking plummeted.

I give more creedence to the theory that she's simply tired of the hard physical training that's needed to challenge for the top. I wonder when that documentary was recorded?

In any case, Top 10 is the past for Babsi, so it's mostly hypothetical.
Iconoclast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote