Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 3 - Page 161 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2014, 10:39 PM   #2401
country flag Renegade65

Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
To say: She beat Kvitova, Stosur when they couldn't land their big shots. She will beat Serena, Sharapova if they are spraying. But if their shots are landing, Halep can't do much.

That's a gross underestimation of her abilities. In her 3 matches against Stosur, and against Kvitova in New Haven, she outplayed them. Stosur landed her big shots just fine. Simo just wasn't bothered, especially when it came to her kicker serves. And Simo made Kvitova pay for not taking her break chances in her first 2 games service games. And what looked to be a close match turned into a route, as Simo took over the match.
I disagree as much as you do about his opinion in this regard, but i don't see enough reason to banish him from this forum.
What the nickname Serve2Win (Serve to Win) tells you about the person behind it? He loves hard hitting kind of tennis, so of course he is a Serena fan before being Simona's. But that might change in time...

Peace.

Muguruza | Bencic | Giorgi | Krunic | Cornet
Li Na
Justine Henin
Renegade65 is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 1st, 2014, 10:53 PM   #2402
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade65 View Post
I disagree as much as you do about his opinion in this regard, but i don't see enough reason to banish him from this forum.
What the nickname Serve2Win (Serve to Win) tells you about the person behind it? He loves hard hitting kind of tennis, so of course he is a Serena fan before being Simona's. But that might change in time...

Peace.
I'm just giving him a nice chiding. No banishment.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 10:57 PM   #2403
country flag Renegade65

Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm just giving him a nice chiding. No banishment.
Ok.

Muguruza | Bencic | Giorgi | Krunic | Cornet
Li Na
Justine Henin
Renegade65 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 11:18 PM   #2404
country flag NatP
🔴⚫️

NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar11235 View Post
I totally disagree with you. This is a forum for Simona's supporters not for double faced people
You know that you can love a player and don't think she's perfect

Zvonareva Halep AK.Schmiedlova Jankovic Bencic Sharapova Robson
Tsonga Nishikori Del Potro Nadal Gulbis Cilic Berdych
Hingis Clijsters Dementieva Kournikova Davenport
NatP is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 11:26 PM   #2405
country flag NatP
🔴⚫️

NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future

Quote:
To say: She beat Kvitova, Stosur when they couldn't land their big shots. She will beat Serena, Sharapova if they are spraying. But if their shots are landing, Halep can't do much.

That's a gross underestimation of her abilities. In her 3 matches against Stosur, and against Kvitova in New Haven, she outplayed them. Stosur landed her big shots just fine. Simo just wasn't bothered, especially when it came to her kicker serves. And Simo made Kvitova pay for not taking her break chances in her first 2 games service games. And what looked to be a close match turned into a route, as Simo took over the match.

Simo doesn't need to rely on them spraying errors. Yeah, big hitters are likely to hit more errors than her, but that's not the only reason she'll be able to beat them.
I don't know what spraying means but if I try to understand, it's making a lot of UE ?

But powerful player does lot of UE because it's their style. so when he said "If they spraying, she can beat them", it's true because it's quite impossible to see them without UE. Look at Kvitova at Wimby, Bouchard was useless. When powerful players play like that, it's impossible. But it's impossible too to have a Kvitova like that more than once per year.

If I don't understand the word spraying, just forget my message (post? God, I'm really not bilingual)

Old Aug 1st, 2014, 11:26 PM   #2406
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatP View Post
You're wasting your time, mate! Some people will never understand that you can love a player even if you don't praise them 24/7. Fan comes from fanatic.
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 11:27 PM   #2407
country flag jar11235

jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I've never said Simona was perfect. All I say is when you criticize one of your favorite players you have to be objective and true to reality. To say that Simona can only beat heavy hitters only when they are not spraying shots is plain stupid. Maybe he did not see the Moscow and Sofia finals against Stosur who actually played well in those matches , or New Haven against Kvitova where Simona's game showed how clumsy Kvitova's movement can be. If I am a true Simona's supporter , I would not go saying that kindof things which far from the truth.
jar11235 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 11:32 PM   #2408
country flag NatP
🔴⚫️

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar11235 View Post
I've never said Simona was perfect. All I say is when you criticize one of your favorite players you have to be objective and true to reality. To say that Simona can only beat heavy hitters only when they are not spraying shots is plain stupid. Maybe he did not see the Moscow and Sofia finals against Stosur who actually played well in those matches , or New Haven against Kvitova where Simona's game showed how clumsy Kvitova's movement can be. If I am a true Simona's supporter , I would not go saying that kindof things which far from the truth.
Okay but just say to him that you're disagree. It look like you didn't want to see him here just because you don't agree with what he said..
Even in a player forum, we can have small "fight".

Old Aug 1st, 2014, 11:37 PM   #2409
country flag jar11235

jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light jar11235 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
You're wasting your time, mate! Some people will never understand that you can love a player even if you don't praise them 24/7. Fan comes from fanatic.
Of course you can like a player and not praising her all the time. What is contradictory is to be a proclaimed fan of someone and then say things that are not really true. I love Simona but I can say that her net game is not great, or that sometimes she gets in a passive defensive mood behind the baseline. That is true by all means. What is not true is just basically talk about her in such a diminished way like She's just a kind of defensive counter puncher like Wozniacki or Radwanska who can ONLY win when the heavy hitters are spraying shots. That's far from reality. Even no Simona's fans can see that. Simona is an aggressive counter puncher who can generate her own pace on both wings and can produce winners playing against heave hitters. Ivanovic, Safarova, Kvitova, Makarova, Li Na, all of them have lost to Simona fair and square.
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 11:40 PM   #2410
country flag Razzy

Razzy is a glorious beacon of light Razzy is a glorious beacon of light Razzy is a glorious beacon of light Razzy is a glorious beacon of light Razzy is a glorious beacon of light Razzy is a glorious beacon of light Razzy is a glorious beacon of light Razzy is a glorious beacon of light Razzy is a glorious beacon of light Razzy is a glorious beacon of light Razzy is a glorious beacon of light
Guys, here are my 2 cents.

I see this forum as a 'big tent', for a whole range of people: from 'Simona-obsessed' to 'poly-fans' (I.e. who have multiple favs) all the way to 'slightly intrigued by Simona'. I personally have only one fav, but I respect and/or tolerate anyone who appreciates Simona to any extent (large or small) or even criticizes her.
We should be fans, not fanatics (words with diff etymology). And we should emulate Simona herself, who is respectful and tolerant.
Razzy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 11:42 PM   #2411
country flag jar11235

Quote:
Okay but just say to him that you're disagree. It look like you didn't want to see him here just because you don't agree with what he said..
Even in a player forum, we can have small "fight".
Well, my point of view is this. Anyone can go posting anywhere. I'm a Simona Halep's fan period. I would not go to a Ginnie's Bouchard forum to praise her after I've said that she's just an over hyped player by the American media. Of course we all are different.
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 01:49 AM   #2412
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

I think some are being are bit harsh on Serve2Win. As far as I can see, he has been a solid supporter of Simona. Sometimes I agree with what he says, sometimes I don't ... but hey, what fun would a forum be if we all agreed on everything?
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 08:33 AM   #2413
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Some ppl can't wait to see her be n.1 without a slam just to find a reason to bash her. Lol how desperate.

Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 08:38 AM   #2414
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
I think some are being are bit harsh on Serve2Win. As far as I can see, he has been a solid supporter of Simona. Sometimes I agree with what he says, sometimes I don't ... but hey, what fun would a forum be if we all agreed on everything?
Nothing against Serve2Win. He is just on my ignore list since I don't know.

Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 09:08 AM   #2415
country flag DcsabaS

DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of

I think the problem is NOT with the true critical notes on the game of the player in her special fan forum. These notes can help us to see clearer what to expect and in what time-scale from our favorite - and what to appreciate from her regarding the difficulties and troubles she has to overcome. (For example, my biggest favorite is Halep already for more than a year, and I still have my notes on her game.)

Unfortunately, some people here in the forum are only ABUSING, and when they are questioned, SIMULATE that he/she made only meaningful critical notes. So, what makes the difference? In my view, if that "critical notes" are random negative things, or are valid.

It is quite obvious to me, that only those people can make the proper differentiation, who are following the player's matches, tournaments, seasons, etc. closely enough, and have eyes/sense for tennis. According to my observations, there are really surprising number of failures here, even among the so called "experts" . However, some of them might feel that there is a problem with his/her "oracle" abilities, and thinking that everybody else is this blind and clueless. They preach that praising of a player is only right AFTER she has run "deep in slams", "won several larger than MMs tourneys", "has beaten all the big players many times (and when they were "ON")", "has won at least 1 GS title", and "reaches the No.1 ranking only AFTER she won that GS title".

I find all these requirements quite bizarre . In case of Halep, whose fast rise in 2013 was awarded (after 6 titles and coming up to the No.11 position from 60 something), and is best described her achievements now as "meteoric rise" (properly!), and who not only lived up to the expectations and saved her points in 2014, but emerged on a larger scale as a "rising star" (now almost a steady marker of her like in the old Greek dramas ), and captured the No.2 position in the race (and soon in the ranking), and who knows, but by the end of the year she even can fulfill all the other "requirements", so my question is this:

Just to be "politically correct" to those blind and clueless people who cant's see the TALENT and the WORK IN PROGRESS in front of their eyes (only the LATER RESULTS which are always lagging behind), we must wait for a minimum 1.5 years before we allowed to praise her?!? Never!!!
DcsabaS is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread