Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 3 - Page 160 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2014, 09:57 PM   #2386
country flag Mytzu

Mytzu is a splendid one to behold Mytzu is a splendid one to behold Mytzu is a splendid one to behold Mytzu is a splendid one to behold Mytzu is a splendid one to behold Mytzu is a splendid one to behold Mytzu is a splendid one to behold Mytzu is a splendid one to behold Mytzu is a splendid one to behold Mytzu is a splendid one to behold Mytzu is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
Yeah, sometimes I support athletes, Actors, singers until they get famous. When they reach the top I move on to another unknown talent. I like to discover and be the first to see them.
I just hope Simona isn't like that for you. I really hope she has won your hearts. One year and a half ago, many of you started to like Simona as a new player, a new style of tennis, still I'm pretty sure nobody expected her to reach top10, not to mention #2, in such of a short notice ) She is just unbelieveable.

Last edited by Mytzu : Jul 31st, 2014 at 10:16 PM.
Mytzu is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 31st, 2014, 10:45 PM   #2387
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tratree View Post
WTA<br />Leanne White (AUS)<br />Dessie Samuels (USA) <br />Dennis Overberg (AUS)

ATP<br />Norm Cryst<br />Bruno ______ (the one Tarango's wife slapped!)
Well, no. I am still here for her. Since 2010/2011 until forever. I forgot to say that I don't always do that, but there are a few examples. Simona is part of the exceptions.

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 12:16 AM   #2388
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaWa View Post
WOW, this was totally unexpected. I prefered they would fight it out for No.2, but it leaves Simona only one more rank to climb. Feel bad for Li, hope she will come back as she says. Second seed for US Open, Serena and Simona in the final - that would be epic.
It's like when a player wins a match on a DF or a retirement. They'll take the win, but that's not how they wanted to do it. Like similar ot Annika Beck looked when Simona retired in Den Bosch. I'll take Simona getting to #2, but it would have been nice to see her get it off the back of a strong tournament run in Montreal, instead of solely because Li withdrew, and Simona not playing the tournament anyway. But it is what it is. Injury is a part of sport, and it's not like players can decline it. It's a rolling ranking scale with points being defended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytzu View Post
I don't think there was anything to fight for. Li's recent form after AO just wasn't enough to stop Simona. Simona would have reached #2 after Montreal anyway (by not playing ), because I just couldn't have seen Li defending a semi there.
I would've hated for that to happen. It's more satisfying for Simona to get the ranking based on her play, instead of relying on Li not defending her points.

When Simona got to #7, it was on the back of winning a P5 title. When she got to #5, it was on the back of a strong run to the IW SF. When she got to #4, it was off the back of a Madrid final run. When she got to #3, it was on the back of her first GS final.

Last edited by phantomplayer89 : Aug 1st, 2014 at 02:24 AM.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 12:30 PM   #2389
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all

In the U.S. political world, those who ascend in a meteoric rise often suffer this fate of "buyer's remorse" from their electorate. I'm looking at you POTUS. In politics it's a really damaging, because the reticence in wielding power can convince opponents that the meteor doesn't actually have it.

In tennis this is all more harmless. Still, I like to think of all those who, a year ago, said, Halep, yes, well, she's improved, but she's not top five, or: she can't beat the top players (a claim that still has two promissory notes attached to it); in terms of her fame, which I'm all for, it will help her enormously if she can win a major BEFORE she becomes #1 in the world. That #1 status is a definite albatross for the un-majored player. I'm looking at you Caro.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 12:47 PM   #2390
country flag NatP
SRFCL1DL4E

NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future

Okay My post just vanished.

So I was saying

It's the same for me but for singers in general, not athletes. Singer, I'm like "Yeah, I know her for 2 years and now she's a star "
Athletes, no, I don't care and I can't move to another if my fav is still on tour.
I gave up on tennis for 1 or 2 years because I missed Vera. Tennis without fav is boring. Simona bring me back to tennis with her game I needed to find another fav and I find her
And I really like AK too even if her serve is awful.

But yeah, I can understand that newbie fan can be annoying for old ones.

Zvonareva Halep AK.Schmiedlova Bencic Jankovic Sharapova Robson
Tsonga Nishikori Del Potro Nadal Gulbis Cilic Berdych
Hingis Clijsters Dementieva Kournikova Davenport

Last edited by NatP : Aug 1st, 2014 at 01:01 PM.
NatP is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 01:40 PM   #2391
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Simona is only the 33rd player in WTA history to reach the Top 2. Of the other 32 players, 21 have gone on to be #1 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWeezyFr View Post
It's a bit stupid to say but I'm probably the only who is not really so happy to see Simona in #2 rank !! Of course that's fabulous, and I can only be happy for her (as a fan) !

... ... ...

I just hope that she will remain as she is now
I don't think Simona will change. She'll remain as adorable as she is now, so it will be safe to continue supporting her (and doing your artwork of her!)
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 03:24 PM   #2392
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWeezyFr View Post
It's a bit stupid to say but I'm probably the only who is not really so happy to see Simona in #2 rank !! Of course that's fabulous, and I can only be happy for her (as a fan) !

But one of the reasons that pushed me to support her is that she is bit unfamous in my eyes ! (I'm not talking about the situation in Romania)
I liked the authentic side of her personality, the way that she progress, the way that it's always fun to support player and see them grow. But when they reach the top position, in my mind it's like " OK she is the number one Bravo , she cannot be better :/ It's quite hard to explain, I hope you can understand my thoughts.
So of course it's the dream of every tennis player, but Simona is doing such a meteoric Rise: OMG
Supporting over the top player is not my kind of personnality ! But as UCLA says "We are Simona's fans and we are here to stay "

Whatever, I will do with it and continue to support her as I can and whish her the best
I just hope that she will remain as she is now
One of the big reasons that I think we support Simona is that fame will not change her personality or character. She will be the same down to earth person regardless of her ranking or number of grand slams won. I'm happy for her number two ranking, but I think she has bigger accomplishments planned so in the end this will not be a major marker in her career.

A lot of the GM trolls have already been maneuvering to make it appear that Simona's career hangs in the balance over this US Open -- that if she fails to win she will be an overhyped failure. While I think she has a good shot at winning it, if she doesn't she will continue to fight, improve her game, and prove her critics to be idiots.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 03:25 PM   #2393
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future

It's not just about tennis. You also have to stay healthy to defend your points, otherwise you fall behind. Halep didn't wish any bad thing to happen to Li Na.

How did Azarenka and Sharapova fall out of the top-4, and allowed Na Li in?

Do you thing if both (Sharapova and Azarenka) played the full schedule last year, Na Li would have gotten to #2? I don't think so.

Halep has to manage her body and her schedule to stay healthy. Health is part of the ranking system.

Last edited by Serve2Win : Aug 1st, 2014 at 03:42 PM.
Serve2Win is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 03:27 PM   #2394
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Simona is only the 33rd player in WTA history to reach the Top 2. Of the other 32 players, 21 have gone on to be #1 ...
And I'll wager an even higher number won slams

Quote:
I don't think Simona will change. She'll remain as adorable as she is now, so it will be safe to continue supporting her (and doing your artwork of her!)
Awww. I was looking forward to her being carried onto court in a sedan chair and playing with a gold-plated racquet.

bobito is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 07:48 PM   #2395

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve2Win View Post
It's not just about tennis. You also have to stay healthy to defend your points, otherwise you fall behind. Halep didn't wish any bad thing to happen to Li Na.

Do you thing if both (Sharapova and Azarenka) played the full schedule last year, Na Li would have gotten to #2? I don't think so.

Halep has to manage her body and her schedule to stay healthy. Health is part of the ranking system.
I gotta say I'm surprised to see you back on this board after this:

Quote:
Halep is well organized. She plays a very smart tennis. But she has trouble with power players when their big shots are going in... when they are not spraying.
She beat Kvitova, Stosur when they couldn't land their big shots. She will beat Serena, Sharapova if they are spraying. But if their shots are landing, Halep can't do much.

That's how she gets bageled by Cibulkova and Serena almost in each match. They have to play very good tennis(land consistently their big shots) to beat her.
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 08:02 PM   #2396
country flag NatP
SRFCL1DL4E

NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future NatP has a brilliant future

And?

We can love a player and think this kind of things. I don't know where the problem is. And he's right, Simona has problems against powerful player like all players have.

But the fact is that powerful players are the kind of players who make a lot of UE so it's totally possible.

But what does "spraying" means?

Old Aug 1st, 2014, 08:02 PM   #2397
country flag NatP
SRFCL1DL4E

Quote:

Totally agree.

Old Aug 1st, 2014, 08:24 PM   #2398
country flag jar11235

jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatP View Post
And?

We can love a player and think this kind of things. I don't know where the problem is. And he's right, Simona has problems against powerful player like all players have.

But the fact is that powerful players are the kind of players who make a lot of UE so it's totally possible.

I totally disagree with you. This is a forum for Simona's supporters not for double faced people who go to GM and talk about her in less than flattering terms about her saying things which are not true. Simona can deal with heavy hitters and has lost to Sharapova not because she blew her off the court. She lost because of her serve went nowhere in the key moments and because she did not execute her plan of moving her around with angles and depth during the whole entirety of those two matches. Also, to say that Cibulkova always gives her a bagel in every match is far from the truth. besides being consistent , the heavy hitters need to move very well and use all their variety. This guy serve2win kindof portraying Simona like a lucky pusher, ugh! My point is that anyone is entitled to his opinions but to come over here and portray himself like a Simona's fan when all what he does is trash her in other forums is just plain wrong. That's bullshit.and if as a fan I have to say something going wrong with her game , I will always do it in a very constructive way like most fans do it here. Remember, this is a cheering thread were real fans are welcomed not bandwagoners who come here from time to time.
jar11235 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 08:25 PM   #2399
country flag jar11235

jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice jar11235 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
I gotta say I'm surprised to see you back on this board after this:
I totally agree with you.
jar11235 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 09:02 PM   #2400

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatP View Post
And?

To say: She beat Kvitova, Stosur when they couldn't land their big shots. She will beat Serena, Sharapova if they are spraying. But if their shots are landing, Halep can't do much.

That's a gross underestimation of her abilities. In her 3 matches against Stosur, and against Kvitova in New Haven, she outplayed them. Stosur landed her big shots just fine. Simo just wasn't bothered, especially when it came to her kicker serves. And Simo made Kvitova pay for not taking her break chances in her first 2 games service games. And what looked to be a close match turned into a route, as Simo took over the match.

Simo doesn't need to rely on them spraying errors. Yeah, big hitters are likely to hit more errors than her, but that's not the only reason she'll be able to beat them.
Closed Thread