Why Do So Many People Dislike Maria? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 5th, 2014, 09:33 PM   #31
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why Do So Many People Dislike Maria?

people who hate maria are ugly and can't get some.
malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2014, 10:02 PM   #32
country flag Vada Sultenfuss

Vada Sultenfuss is just really nice Vada Sultenfuss is just really nice Vada Sultenfuss is just really nice Vada Sultenfuss is just really nice Vada Sultenfuss is just really nice Vada Sultenfuss is just really nice Vada Sultenfuss is just really nice Vada Sultenfuss is just really nice Vada Sultenfuss is just really nice Vada Sultenfuss is just really nice Vada Sultenfuss is just really nice

13 million people like her, so...
Vada Sultenfuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 10:38 PM   #33
country flag rafaelkafka

rafaelkafka has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharakim View Post
She's successful, beautiful, intelligent, and a winner. Ingredients that will make many people jealous and bitter.
Maria is a living goddess and she is worshiped in all world with minor exceptions in losers that are in denial of her deity.
rafaelkafka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 10:39 PM   #34
country flag rafaelkafka

rafaelkafka has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
Sharapova is the Nadal of the WTA in many ways. Deal with it Nadal haters.
No, she is not, she is a warrior, not a pusher.
rafaelkafka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 02:31 AM   #35
country flag tennis_ace

tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharakim View Post
She's successful, beautiful, intelligent, and a winner. Ingredients that will make many people jealous and bitter.
This! Also, a lot of people on the tennis forum may dislike her but most of the internet is full of trash talking people. I think the general public does like her. The companies that pay her millions of dollars in endorsement money seems to think so!
tennis_ace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 02:38 AM   #36
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midaso View Post
I'd like your viewpoint. I can't ask this question on any general tennis forum because it will spiral out of control. I go onto a couple of different tennis forums,and the thing that is bugging me is how everyone is rooting against Maria in these RG semis,the majority want anyone to win but Maria. And yet if Serena was there,they'd be cheering her on to get another slam. How does Genie get so many supporters? She's not even that good looking IMO and has done nothing of note yet. When she first came on the tour I thought "Good,here's another Maria to follow when she retires" but she's starting to really bug me now,mainly her fans who hype her up to insane levels. Make no mistake,there's no one worse for Maria to lose to at this point than Genie. Anyway,what do you think it is about Maria that pisses so many people off?
I like Genie. She's young and has made back to back slam semi's. She has a good game and very good looks. You complain about the hype for her but that's normal. Pova got alot more hype when she was starting out. That's part of the reason alot of people don't like Maria. She's also beautiful, tall, intimidating and very wealthy. Oh and the loud grunting too. She was also a threat on and off the court to Serena back in 04 and 05 and many thought that was not right.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 03:35 AM   #37
country flag Schläger

Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Sharapova is the Nadal of the WTA in many ways. Deal with it Nadal haters.
No you got it all wrong. Sharapova is actually talented
Schläger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 04:02 AM   #38
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

I knew the Nadal haters couldn't deal.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 04:04 AM   #39
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

I knew the Nadal haters couldn't deal
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 04:37 AM   #40
country flag Schläger

Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light Schläger is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I knew the Nadal haters couldn't deal
Since when does moonball pushing and cheating equal talent? And since when does playing in a weak era to vulture slam titles mean you're an all-time great? Since when does your benefiting of surface-homogenization show how good you are at tennis?

Every day is a good day when there's a piggy roasting.
Schläger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #41
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Maria was old enough to buy beer by the time she won her third grand slam in 2008. Not sure just how she celebrated winning Wimbledon in 2004, and us open in 2006.

How many players in the history of tennis won two grand slam champion ships while they were still teenagers?
Did Maria get a lot of media attention early in her career? Guilty as charged.
It was more than just the bikini thing for si. That did not hurt.....she did not exactly look bad in those photos.
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 12:25 PM   #42
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schläger View Post
Since when does moonball pushing and cheating equal talent? And since when does playing in a weak era to vulture slam titles mean you're an all-time great? Since when does your benefiting of surface-homogenization show how good you are at tennis?
Since when does the fact that a TF troll doesn't like a player means that he's no good?

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 12:28 PM   #43
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

I'm not too disturbed by the "not liking", what bothers me is when people want to minimize what Maria has achieved and the lack of respect.

I have never liked Ayrton Senna or Diego Maradona but will never say they were not great champions. I have never liked Bob Marley or Nirvana, but there is no question they have been icons of modern music.

Maria has achieved something that only a few women players have achieved in Tennis. She can still achieve more. She will be in the Sport's Hall of Fame. Nobody can take that away.
And, if that's not enough, she's drop-dead-gorgeous, naturally elegant, intelligent, smart, with an enormous amount of charisma. She is and will continue to be an icon well beyond tennis.
The next woman that can combine all this is yet to be conceived. The attempts to market Bouchard (whom, by the way, I quite like) as the next Maria are simply laughable.

Probably, some people can't cope with that. Too bad for them.

Last edited by Abuttons : Jun 6th, 2014 at 12:37 PM.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #44
country flag Sharapower

Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future
As big a fan as I am, I have to say I still find the screeching disturbing, insane. So I can understand why someone indifferent in the beginning would easily turn into a hater.

There were also circumstances where I disapproved of her lack of empathy (the Golovin injury thing, for example).

Having said that, the hating is too often going over-the-top, in an almost pathological way.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Sharapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 03:02 PM   #45
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Part of the hatred for her screeching might stem from the fact that if.......there was anything the officials in charge of tennis could do about it.......they would not. Maria is that valuable to the current existence of womens' tennis.