Do you believe when players said they never take a look on the draw ... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 29th, 2003, 05:14 AM   #1
country flag rhz

rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future
Do you believe when players said they never take a look on the draw ...

who they are going to play next, who are on their side and so on??

in my opinion they are lying, yes you want to take a match at a time, but come on.. you know you saw the draw, and you know your capibilties, so not knowing who are on your side is just bull shit to me. I don't know about you... any thoughts??
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2003, 05:22 AM   #2
country flag BigB08822

BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute
I think they know but they dont sit there and dwell on it like we do, coming up with all there possible matches.

I bet they just take a look and see who is in their half and who they will face right away and then get on to their practices.
BigB08822 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 05:32 AM   #3
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute
for sure. i'm sure they see who's in their half but they don't conduct polls and go on and on about how they will beat so and so down. they don't obsess like fans do. i'm sure they take it one match at a time. that's what my fave said.

"I believe in being polite, you know. In life, the elevator goes both ways, up and down."
-- Roger Federer

like my av? want one like it?
Cariaoke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 05:49 AM   #4
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
i think most players say it because they don't want a media frenzy about what they say especially when it is in the middle of a grand slam when they need to be completely focused on tennis.

i think the lower players are more likely to look at the draw because they need to learn about the game of their opponent so they can take advantge on their weaknesses while the top players for the first few rounds only need to focus on their own game and that is enough to get them through coomfortably in most matches.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 05:49 AM   #5
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
There are probably a rare few who genuinely don't. In their case, it would certainly be a mental exercise intended to keep all their focus on one opponent.
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:16 AM   #6
country flag Gonzo Hates Me!

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute
I think players look at their draw to see their next opponent, but my belief is when they say that, they are talking about not looking at their whole section exactly.
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:24 AM   #7
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute
Kim never looks at the draw. She concentrates on one match at a time. I don't see why she (and her coach as well) would lie about it.
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:30 AM   #8
xin

xin is an unknown quantity at this point xin is an unknown quantity at this point xin is an unknown quantity at this point
No. I don't believe it. Different draws bring out different strategies.
xin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 04:07 AM   #9
country flag rhz

rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future
i agree, these players lie so the media don't ask questions about possible matches in the semi or final, while they want to concentrate at 1 match at a time
Old May 30th, 2003, 04:55 AM   #10
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute
Actually I don't think the top players do. I mean with the media most people can't avoid finding out who ended up on their side anyway. I imagine they just shrug their shoulders and wait to see if the match happens.
Couver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 09:16 AM   #11
country flag F-R-E-A-K

F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute
They do look at the draw and see the path... ive seen them do it at AO and adidas int. at sydney.
F-R-E-A-K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 09:40 AM   #12
country flag Tennisfan-Mtl

Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of
I think that's pure BS As if they wouldn't take a look at the draw at the start of a tournament I don't buy it!
Tennisfan-Mtl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote