Here we go again, w/the same old same old... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2014, 08:27 AM   #1
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute
Here we go again, w/the same old same old...

Renstar's two anti-miffed max threads were closed within a few hours of their emergence, and later deleted.

While networthy's Serena Williams crashes beach wedding in swimsuit thread was allowed to linger on unhindered for almost 26-1/2 hours before being locked, and as of Jun 4th, 2014, 02:28 AM, it's still available for viewing.

Opening Post: Jun 2nd, 2014, 10:28 PM
Final Post: Jun 4th, 2014, 01:04 AM

And for it to only be locked following a general comment by me, which at least 2 members had shown interest in earlier - and known SDS sufferer Hazelwood was allowed to chime in on twice afterward - is a huge slap in the face to Serena's fans. Not only can we not celebrate our fave's victories, but it also seems we can't defend her in threads that are clearly created to berate her, cuz that's exactly what was happening when the thread was locked. Before then it was a free-for-all w/o any admonitions or warnings from the TF powers that be to the usual culprits.

I swear to God, this is some straight up obvious bullshit. How can you people sleep at night IF you consider yourselves being fair?

Hug an SDS sufferer, today.

Last edited by JN : Jun 4th, 2014 at 06:36 PM.
JN is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 4th, 2014, 08:30 AM   #2
country flag Spring Pools

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Here we go again, w/the same old same old...

The thread should have been in the player forum anyway

Also this shouldn't be here
Inb4
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 08:50 AM   #3
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Pools View Post
The thread should have been in the player forum anyway

Also this shouldn't be here
Inb4
And why weren't you saying that then? I guess as long as you saw Serena getting the shaft, you had no problem with it being in GM, huh? So, NOW, it should be in the player forum, when it was never one of her fans who started the thread.

You fools are so obviously stuck in your hatred that it's a waste of time to even suggest you find a fuckin' life. Damn idiots! You're a waste of oxygen.

Old Jun 4th, 2014, 09:09 AM   #4
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

And we know full well that max isn't the only mod roaming the threads here with the power to stop this mess.
But it's like I've said many times...the mods that allow this crap are the ones who also hate on Serena and who also allow the shitheads to continue trolling and baiting by not reporting offenders to admins.

But it's all good because this will eventually come back to bite the fools in the ass later.
It always does.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 09:20 AM   #5
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Renastar's threads contained actual threats to Max, claiming to know where he lived and how to find him. Considering that fact, those threads were kept open far longer than they should have been.

Whatever gripe you guys have about policy concerning Serena's threads is a separate issue. If you want a thread closed, report it, and if there are grounds for the thread being closed and it isn't, complain publicly about that if you like. You don't help your cause by suggesting that a psychopath is being discriminated against.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #6
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Renastar's threads contained actual threats to Max, claiming to know where he lived and how to find him. Considering that fact, those threads were kept open far longer than they should have been.

Whatever gripe you guys have about policy concerning Serena's threads is a separate issue. If you want a thread closed, report it, and if there are grounds for the thread being closed and it isn't, complain publicly about that if you like. You don't help your cause by suggesting that a psychopath is being discriminated against.
Been down that road before. And taint working.
And since taint working, we do things differently now.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 09:34 AM   #7
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

inb4thelock
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 09:49 AM   #8
country flag James
Kookie Supporter

James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
Renastar's two anti-miffed max threads were closed within a few hours of their emergence, and later deleted.

While networthy's Serena Williams crashes beach wedding in swimsuit thread was allowed to linger on unhindered for almost 26-1/2 hours before being locked, and as of Jun 4th, 2014, 02:28 AM, it's still available for viewing.

Opening Post: Jun 2nd, 2014, 10:28 PM
Final Post: Jun 4th, 2014, 01:04 AM

And for it to only be locked following a general comment by me, which at least 2 members had shown interest in earlier - and known SDS sufferer Hazelwood was allowed to chime in on twice afterward - is a huge slap in the face to Serena's fans. Not only can we not celebrate our fave's victories, but it also seems we can't defend her in threads that are clearly created to berate her, cuz that's exactly what was happening when the thread was locked. Before then it was a free-for-all w/o any admonitions or warnings from the TF powers that be to the usual culprits.

I swear to God, this is some straight up obvious bullshit. How can you people sleep at night IF you consider yourselves being fair?
So tell me, what would be preferable to you? That we remove the thread from public view still? That can easily be done.

As always we are open to suggestions on how we can improve things. We have stepped things up already to help remedy some persistent problems (as many have noticed by a number of bans, making subforums private and a series of exclusions from specific ) and are still working on that. And fortunately we see an increase in people wanting to help out by alerting us quicker to problems, so we can step it up and eliminate the troublemakers (both in GM and specific players forums).

So work with us here. Just suggesting we couldn't possibly sleep at night ain't getting you nowhere.

My Sporcle quizzes: http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33...nament-winners
http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33/wta-nationalities

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
James is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 09:59 AM   #9

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
Been down that road before. And taint working.
And since taint working, we do things differently now.
Sorry to hear that, but the question still remains what you hope to gain by dragging a psychopath's threads into the discussion.

Those threads contained a few very offensive posts along the lines of "typical Serena fan", which I would think would be reason in itself for you guys to be happy that the threads were closed. I don't always see eye to eye with you, but I would never for a fraction of a second make any connection between you and that weirdo.
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:08 AM   #10
country flag I_CLAUDIA_1961
CONGRATS ON WINNING #18 SERENA JAMEKA!

I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

MANY of us complained about the anti-Serena thread that was started in which the OP stated that Serena was unbalanced, but it was only closed after a final insult aimed at Serena by a poster whose pretty negative vs Serena and who derals Serena threads. There has been good action taken on many "negative" threads, and on posters who seem to want to bait and trouble-make, so that is good and should be applauded. But geez, I could only imagine what a possible passage of Chris/Martina by Serena with a 19th slam win would be like, if allowed to happen at all & .
I_CLAUDIA_1961 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:33 AM   #11
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:

And what exactly makes you think reporting hasn't been done, bringing about the latter you mention seeing being done? Your jumping to conclusions doesn't serve you either.

Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_CLAUDIA_1961 View Post
MANY of us complained about the anti-Serena thread that was started in which the OP stated that Serena was unbalanced, but it was only closed after a final insult aimed at Serena by a poster whose pretty negative vs Serena and who derals Serena threads. There has been good action taken on many "negative" threads, and on posters who seem to want to bait and trouble-make, so that is good and should be applauded. But geez, I could only imagine what a possible passage of Chris/Martina by Serena with a 19th slam win would be like, if allowed to happen at all & .
Like I said, my issue is not with your complaints, which sound valid to me. It is at least valid IMO to publicly complain about these issues if you feel that you are getting a raw deal.

My only point was that the threads referenced by the OP were offensive in the extreme, not only in terms of the ugly remarks posted by the OP in those threads, but also in the only marginally less ugly insinuations that he was a "typical Serena fan". I don't think it helps your cause to drag those threads into the discussion.
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #13

Quote:
And what exactly makes you think reporting hasn't been done, bringing about the latter you mention seeing being done? Your jumping to conclusions doesn't serve you either.
I wasn't jumping to conclusions. What I posted in no way implied that you hadn't done this already.

If you read my post carefully you will see that I was supporting your right to publicly complain about what you see as unfair treatment by the mods. My advice (which you are free to follow or ignore as you please) was simply not to muddy the discussion by defending a psychopath.
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:45 AM   #14
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
So tell me, what would be preferable to you? That we remove the thread from public view still? That can easily be done.

As always we are open to suggestions on how we can improve things. We have stepped things up already to help remedy some persistent problems (as many have noticed by a number of bans, making subforums private and a series of exclusions from specific ) and are still working on that. And fortunately we see an increase in people wanting to help out by alerting us quicker to problems, so we can step it up and eliminate the troublemakers (both in GM and specific players forums).

So work with us here. Just suggesting we couldn't possibly sleep at night ain't getting you nowhere.
The thread about Serena crashing a wedding was pure and simple baiting. When that thread was created, numerous pics of Sarena and Caro at the beach, including the wedding party photos, had already been posted in both GM pic threads and in Serena Slam's pic thread, a day before. Yet you allowed a thread based on those same pics posted by a known Serena hater to fester and grow, while during the same time jumping to the head when miffed max got called out. Those two threads are gone from view, and the antagonist banned, however the garbage spewed by the Serena haters is left to be seen by all. So you tell me what should be done?

Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:49 AM   #15
country flag James
Kookie Supporter

James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The thread about Serena crashing a wedding was pure and simple baiting. When that thread was created, numerous pics of Sarena and Caro at the beach, including the wedding party photos, had already been posted in both GM pic threads and in Serena Slam's pic thread, a day before. Yet you allowed a thread based on those same pics posted by a known Serena hater to fester and grow, while during the same time jumping to the head when miffed max got called out. Those two threads are gone from view, and the antagonist banned, however the garbage spewed by the Serena haters is left to be seen by all. So you tell me what should be done?
I specifically asked a question. Would you prefer it to be removed from public view?

My Sporcle quizzes: http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33...nament-winners
http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33/wta-nationalities

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
James is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread