Picture Thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 30th, 2003, 12:27 AM   #31
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Maria will look good with a handlebar, don't worry.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 30th, 2003, 01:07 AM   #32
ally baker

ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat
Lena and Lena are two dramatic Amazon Russina's! And Leena, Lena might need an on court doubles partner next year. So practice your volley's and kick serves!

GL, don't mess with Maria!
I tried Lena to teach Lena how to serve in Toronto... since mine is better. She giggled.

I play S&V, and I'm an excellent volleyer... but hanging around at net against Lena is scary. I was standing in the backcourt while Lena was practicing. I don't know how anyone can handle her backhand... it's such a nasty shot.
ally baker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 01:31 AM   #33
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
That's a great story. Even if a player walked right past me, I wouldn't try to meet them, or ask if they read internet tennis sites. I would just stay quiet. That's just the way I am.
How long were you on the court with Lena? How long are her practice sessions? More info, please.

Old Oct 30th, 2003, 02:37 AM   #34
ally baker

ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point
I was just watching her and I was on the court. I didn't get to play with her, or anything.

The day I went there, she practiced for like 60-90 minutes. She hit balls with her coach mostly, then she hit with Paola for a while. I didn't really keep track of the time, though.
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 02:42 AM   #35
country flag goldenlox

Didn't she practice with John McEnroe last year? I remember reading about it. Do you know anything about Joe's playing career, if he had one?

Old Oct 30th, 2003, 02:48 AM   #36
ally baker

I don't know. They've probably practiced before, because John even said nice words about her earlier this year... and that's something considering how he hates women's tennis.
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 02:49 AM   #37
ally baker

I don't know if Giuliano ever played... I'd never try talking with him. He's bite my head off.
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 05:31 PM   #38
country flag *abby*

*abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ally baker
Abby, Lena's illness is gone now... and it looks to me, at least, that she put some weight back on.
good glad to hear it i wish her luck for the rest of the year to come
xxx
*abby* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 07:13 PM   #39
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the great info, AB. And how would you deal with Anna Kournikova and Elena Dementieva's creampuff second serves? I've heard Justine Henin complain about how soft Elena's second serves are and that throws off her return.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 10:41 PM   #40
ally baker

It seems that no player can take advantage a player's weak 2nd serves...

Look at all of Aniko Kapros' and Dementieva's matches... it's very rare that the returner gets control of the point, let alone hit a winner.
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 10:49 PM   #41
country flag goldenlox

Lena hasn't played Elena since Lena won in Moscow last year.
I think Lena will take advantage of Elena's serves in future meetings.
When Elena D. plays Jennifer or Serena, they break Elena often.
I saw Elena's losses at Wimbledon and New York. Her second serve hurts her.
Anna has trouble holding, period.
I've only seen Aniko play once, against Justine in New York. So I really don't know.

Old Oct 31st, 2003, 02:49 AM   #42
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
The Williams sisters feast on weak second serves. Poor Elena D. was petrified to serve second serves to Serena in their fourth round match at the 2003 Wimbledon! Serena punished Elena's creampuff second serves and thus she punished Elena in that match.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Last edited by the cat : Oct 31st, 2003 at 03:08 AM.
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 02:56 AM   #43
country flag goldenlox

Elena D.'s second serve is definately a factor against the top players.
You have to hold serve against the best players.
Elena's game besides the second serve is top 5.

Old Oct 31st, 2003, 11:45 PM   #44
the cat

GL, I agree with your high praise of Elena Dementieva's game. But her lightweight second serve needs to be repaired if she's ever going to make the top 5.

Old Nov 1st, 2003, 08:46 PM   #45
country flag goldenlox

Elena D. can still make the top 5. That depends on injuries to the best players.
In a major, that Elena D. second serve will at some point be exploited.
Lena B. has to improve her serve also. In her last match, Nastya broke her 7 times. That way too many in one match.