Voila! My reports start. - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2003, 08:10 PM   #31
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
I knew this was going to be a bad tournament for the Russians. But today was even worse than I ever imagined. Myskina continued her terrible play in the grand slams. Lina didn't even show up against Mauresmo. And Kafelnikov and Youzhny lost 5 set matches to players they should be able to beat just playing mediocre tennis. What a disaster! Did I leave anyone out? This is a Russian tennis blood bath if there ever was one!

Let's hope Bovina, Zvonareva and the Russian juniors pick up the slack.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2003, 08:34 PM   #32
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Fresh, if you see Nastya before she leaves, can you ask if she intends to play Birmingham now ??
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2003, 10:29 PM   #33
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2flash
No detqiled reports today I'm afraid. Actually I'm not in the mood and I need to write down an interview. 4 losses - and we expected 3 wins
Yep, we saw better days than that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat
I knew this was going to be a bad tournament for the Russians. blah blah blah
Oh shut up... As if I am not just about to puke even without your crap..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2flash
OK, I hope Thursday will be a better day. Good-luck Russians
Our best claycourters are still in. Hopefully Kolya will beat the Shrimp.. And Vera and Nadya are still in. Both, as well as Elena B. should be able to reach the Round of 16.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 01:07 AM   #34
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Unfortunately the worst possible scenario has happened at the 2003 French Open for the Russians. But Bovina, Petrova and Znonareva have good chances to win tomorrow! And Nadia has big time potential!

Have fun Fresh!
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 01:33 AM   #35
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Poor Lina!
But it is good experience for her. It will happen again, and maybe next time she will cope better.

Anyway, if Davydenko beats that little twerp I call Chip (for the gigantic chip on his shoulder), all else will be forgotten.

Have fun, fresh!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 01:55 AM   #36
country flag bubble

bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble
Thanks Fresh again.
Hope the 3rd day brings more joy for you
What a terrible day... Zhenya blew it and Misha sigh.....
poor Lina and Nastya get well soon.
Thursday has to be a better day, yesterday was the lowest point.

MaRiA kIrIlEnKo

DiNaRa SaFiNa

AnAstAsiA

NaDya

VeRa

bubble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 09:32 AM   #37
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg
Fresh, if you see Nastya before she leaves, can you ask if she intends to play Birmingham now ??
Eggy, I think she left today. She won²t play doubles. But her schedulle for the grass season stays the same if just caught bad cold. If her illness is something more serious than that will change.
Old May 29th, 2003, 10:43 AM   #38
country flag AKTW

AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold
Oh,Nastya.
Hopefully,all Russian girls will play well next year!
AKTW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 02:29 PM   #39
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
So far as expected. I expected Nadya to win and I hoped for Elena to win, but I didn't have high expectations for that. But Vera should win.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
Old May 29th, 2003, 03:24 PM   #40
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Thanks fresh.
I didn't expect Lina to freeze like that.
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:57 PM   #41
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Hi guys!
Sorry, at the 4th day I was already a bit tired of tennis, so I`ve been at the stadium up to the end of the Davydenko`s match and then left to see Paris (despite I don`t like that city ).

First to mention I was very surprised when heard that Lena Bovina has lost. I`ve been to her match for 5 games in the beginning, and she seemed to be in control of it. Rita Grande`s father (he looks much alike Mansour Bahrami) was at this time very nervous and was trying to encourage his daughter. I thought it would be an easy cake for Lena and went to see the ending of the Kolya`s match. I guess you all have seen it. He lost it, not Shrimp won. Kolya acknowledged it after the match. He said that he had made many mistakes and if he had played up to 100 % he would crush Hewitt.

I also went to see Lina and Alyona playing against the Americain girls. Lina was the leader of the team. She commanded the strategy and was marvelous at the net. I didn`t want to go to the stade on Friday, but now I will go to see them playing against Kim and Ai. I just wonder how many spectators won`t be able to see that match because of the small court?
Old May 29th, 2003, 07:08 PM   #42
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Good for Nadia for marching straight through with no letdown after her big win.

Am PO'd @ Davydenko, though! Now we still have to look at Chip!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 07:09 PM   #43
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
thanx again fresh

so you didn't see any of Vera or Nadya either
good to see Lina leading the doubles

Lena B did have match in control but she blew it
then faded in 2nd after making a recovery.
disappointing but hardly suprising considering she missed nearly all the clay season
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 07:13 PM   #44
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Another masterpiece from Russian media:

http://www.gazeta.ru/sport/2003/05/a_34654.shtml

"Ну а единственная из проросших русских семян Вера Звонарёва сойдётся в матче следующей стадии с испанкой Марией Санчес-Лоренцо, в первом круге надругавшейся над Еленой Дементьевой. "

PLAY TENNIS!
Old May 29th, 2003, 07:14 PM   #45
country flag fresh2flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg
so you didn't see any of Vera
I wanted to see Vera, but I couldn`t wait Martin and Tim to finish their long 5-setter (I thought it would be )