Voila! My reports start. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 26th, 2003, 06:49 PM   #1
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Voila! My reports start.

Hi guys! I`m afraid I won`t be able to write detailed reports, at least not every day. The computers in the press-centre are alwais occupied, so I have to use cybercafes. But anyway I hope to describe what I`ve seen.

This is the 1st day. May I say it was fantastic? I think I may cause it absolutely was. I arrived 1 hour before the matches really started to get a pass and to have a look around before I am too busy. And to dine of course.

Anyway, after that I watched a bit Likhovtzeva - Loit match. I wasn`t impressed with Alyona`s play at all to be frankly. So I left after the 1st set. And immediately I met Nastya in the main street of the Stadium. We just said "hi", I wished her good-luck against Dinara. Next stop - Safina - Myskina match. I watched it from beginning till the end. Dinara started very aggresively, and Nastya was seemingly surprised by it. She actually lost her serve in the 1st game, but already in the 2nd Nastya came back to her senses. May I say she knows how to master powerful players and Dinara is not experienced enough to manage her power. I was sitting next to Nastya`s boy-friend. At first he was trying to encourage her - Davay Nastya etc, but already in the end of the 1st set he was silent and quite confident of Nastya. One row from was sitting Andrey Chesnokov and his son (or nephew?). The boy was so cute . He was speaking of how he got an autograph from Andre Agassi, and what a pity that Pete Sampras was not here.

Next step I took an interview with Nastya. Well, there were not any astonishing eye-openers. We just talked about what she likes in Paris and in Moscow, what was her boy-friends name (the answer is Jens ) an things like that.

Ok, after that I had to choose what match to watch next - Kafelnikov`s or Lina`s. I had no doubts. I like Lina, but Zhenya is high class. So I went to Suzann Lenglen court and watched two first sets. I must say that Zhenya was completely in control of the game from the very beginning. He felt so confident, that I hope he can join the title hunt.

I left Suzann Lenglen just in time to see the 2nd set of Lina`s match vs. Craybas. Our little Russian girl just eliminated that poor Americain. Only in the middle of the 2nd set she became too relaxed and allowed Craybas to level the score. She was very good, but actually I don`t think she stands a chance vs. Amelie right now. But I hope she will rise to the top level soon. Elena Bovina was watching that much (that for the information of miss Leena ).

And the last but not least - I had an interview with Lina, and OMG what an interview was - very sincere to say the least. We talked tete-a-tete about 20 minutes - about her friends and her false friends, about Larisa Neiland, about other girls, about her bad time during the injury. I never thought a player would ever say things like that. In the end we talked about fans and internet, and she told that she visits her unoffficial site (well, that was not surprise ), she was impressed with a poem one guy wrote on this site and she even printed it and store it. And she said she recieve our letter long ago and several times she was here at the RR .

So that`s it. Tomorrow I expect the great day as well. Lena and Vera start their run.
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2003, 06:55 PM   #2
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
wow thanx Fresh seems like you had a good day
thanx for the piece with Lina too

just a pity the day didnt bring more wins for our girls
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 07:06 PM   #3
country flag snoop
Team WTAworld

snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Fresh sounds amazing

Great to hear about Lina. Maybe she will write a message one day
snoop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 07:14 PM   #4
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg

just a pity the day didnt bring more wins for our girls
I completely missed Masha, but that was impossible to follow all the matches. But that`s not her last tournament.
Old May 26th, 2003, 07:20 PM   #5
country flag DEETHELICK

DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute
Oh wow! Glad you had fun!!

Its great hearing reports from those who are there, kinda helps you soak in the atmosphere!

Could you please suggest to Elena (if you get to tak to her) that she should try phsyiotherapy and exercises to strengthen her shoulder, similar to what Clijsters did.

Thanks!
DEETHELICK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 08:03 PM   #6
country flag vaiva

vaiva has disabled reputation
Thanks fresh and good to hear you enjoyed your day.

We will be waiting for more
vaiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 08:17 PM   #7
Tarassik

Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice
Hi Fresh,

I didn't see you next to Nastya's boyfriend at her match... whereas I was talking to Chesnokov and his son !
I was wearing a wimbledon cap, maybe you saw me... I hope we could meet here. you can easily recognize me since i will be the only one to wear such a cap

Enjoy Paris !
Tarassik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 09:36 PM   #8
Jordan.

Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road
Thanks!!

Go Vera tomorrow!
Jordan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 11:30 PM   #9
BRUNA!!

BRUNA!! has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Thanks for the update on Ms. Bovina.

I'd rather see her practicing instead of watching matches, and talking to everyone... but that's Lena.

If Lina has visited the board... why doesn't she say something?
BRUNA!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2003, 12:11 AM   #10
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Enjoy the matches of the Russian tennis players while you can, Fresh. Because this French Open is most likely going to be a Russian blood bath! I think there is a distinct possibility that no Russian tennis player will make the second week. But I hope I'm wrong.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2003, 01:04 AM   #11
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the report, fresh

are u going to post Lina's answers to your questions? or where are planning to publish them? I'm really interested in what she was saying about Neiland?

enjoy and don't forget about us
Old May 27th, 2003, 02:32 AM   #12
country flag bubble

bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the wonderful report fresh.

looking forward to your next update.

MaRiA kIrIlEnKo

DiNaRa SaFiNa

AnAstAsiA

NaDya

VeRa

bubble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2003, 08:07 AM   #13
country flag fresh2flash

Hi all
tenn_ace, a good deal of Lina's interview I won4t publish. All else I'll send to SE or (and) Tennis + after the tournament. Right now I just don't hqve time and possibility to write anything. I can send you some details by PM this evening if you like. Or to anybody else whom I know well at the RR.

Tarassik, I guess I saw you.
Old May 27th, 2003, 11:09 AM   #14
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2flash
Hi all
tenn_ace, a good deal of Lina's interview I won4t publish. All else I'll send to SE or (and) Tennis + after the tournament. Right now I just don't hqve time and possibility to write anything. I can send you some details by PM this evening if you like. Or to anybody else whom I know well at the RR.

Tarassik, I guess I saw you.
that would be absolutely awesome! thanks a lot in advance!

I'll be waiting
Old May 27th, 2003, 01:50 PM   #15
country flag Nina_rus

Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all
thanks for your report

I think I saw you on TV today at the Bovina-Golovin match
Nina_rus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote