Now that the draw is out... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 25th, 2003, 03:12 AM   #1
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
Now that the draw is out...

should we start making predictions for Russians girls?

Here is what I think will happen:

Sveta Kuznetsova will get to the 4th round (losing to S.Williams)
Alina Jidkova 1st round
Maria Sharapova 1st round
Elena Likhovtseva 2nd round (losing to Zuluaga)
Lina K. 2nd round (losing to Amelie)
Nastya Myskina 1st round
Dinara Safina 4th round (losing to Penetta)
Nadia Petrova 4th round (losing to Jennifer)
Elena D. 1st round
Vera Zvonareva quarterfinal (losing to Jennifer)
Evgenia Koulikovskaya 2nd round (losing to Maleeva)
Elena Bovina 4th round (losing to Clijsters)
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2003, 04:43 AM   #2
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
what i think:

Sveta Kuznetsova will get to the 4th round
Alina Jidkova 1st round
Maria Sharapova 4th round (i really think she can handle serna although it will be a tough match, hantuchova isn't playing well and she knows harkleroad from junior days and i think she can beat her - it's a big call she has the game to reach the 4th round but she's finding it tough to win maindraw matches)
Elena Likhovtseva 1st round
Lina K. quarter-finals (she's had trouble winning back to back matches but she plays mauresmo 2nd round and mauresmo has toruble at RG if mauresmo gets to the 2nd round i think lina can get by her if mauresmo is her usual self at RG)
Nastya Myskina 1st round
Dinara Safina quarter-finals
Nadia Petrova 4th round
Elena D. 3rd round
Vera Zvonareva 4th round (losing to venus)
Evgenia Koulikovskaya 2nd round (losing to Molik)
Elena Bovina - to hard to pick she could lose any round, she has the ability to get to the 4th round but she's been so inconsistent this year and she has molik in her section who has been in-form not to mention golovin who is quite good.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2003, 08:42 AM   #3
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Nastya will do the best. She has a good draw.

Sveta Kuznetsova. If she passes Meghann, she`ll get to the 3d round. But I doubt she`ll pass Meghann.
Alina Jidkova 1st round
Maria Sharapova 1st round
Elena Likhovtseva 1st round
Lina K. 2nd round (losing to Amelie)
Nastya Myskina 1/2
Dinara Safina 1st round
Nadia Petrova 1st round
Elena D. 4th round
Vera Zvonareva 3D ROUND (Alyona)
Evgenia Koulikovskaya 2nd round ???? no ideas at all
Elena Bovina 4th round (losing to Clijsters)
Old May 25th, 2003, 09:16 AM   #4
country flag AKTW

AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold
fresh2flash,I am glad that you think Alyona has the edge on Vera.
My prediction is more or less like yours.But let's hope all Russian girls play well here and I am looking forward to your good news,reports,photos,etc. Have fun there!
Good luck all girls!
AKTW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2003, 01:31 PM   #5
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
tenn_ace, why so down on Elena D?

There are 12 Russian girls in the draw. Is that a record for female Russian tennis?

Udachi Russian girls!
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2003, 02:43 PM   #6
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
should have been 14 if Anna/Tatiana didn't withdraw.

I'm hoping we get at least 3 or maybe 4 into week 2.

Good luck to all our girls
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2003, 03:21 PM   #7
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
I have a feeling Lena will lose to Tatiana Golovin. I don't know why but it's just a hunch. I hope Lena wins though. Go Lena!
Old May 25th, 2003, 04:15 PM   #8
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
the cat, Sanchez Lorenzo is a good player, especially on clay. On clay I rate her higher than Loit to whom Elena lost this week. If not for Lena's injury, no way I could have predicted that, but...
Old May 25th, 2003, 04:20 PM   #9
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Loit and Alyona are streaky players. I don't think we should read too much into that. Toni is a good player and her clay ability was definitely on display in Madrid. We'll see how things turn out.
Old May 25th, 2003, 06:31 PM   #10
country flag tenn_ace

according to Tarassk's report, Elena D. is still not pain free...
Old May 26th, 2003, 12:00 AM   #11
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute
My predictions...

Sveta Kuznetsova - 4th round (losing to Serena)
Alina Jidkova - 1st round
Maria Sharapova - 1st round (Serna is just too good of a clay court player)
Elena Likhovtseva - 1st, if not 2nd (to Zuluaga)
Lina K. - 1st, if not 2nd (losing to Mauresmo)
Nastya Myskina - 1st (to Safina)
Dinara Safina - 4th (losing to Rubin)
Nadia Petrova - 1st round (to Seles)
Elena D. - 3rd (to Vera )
Vera Zvonareva - Semis (to Clijsters)
Evgenia Koulikovskaya - 2nd (to Molik)
Elena Bovina - 1st, if not 4th (to Clijsters) Not sure if she can handle Golovin on Clay.

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 12:27 AM   #12
BRUNA!!

BRUNA!! has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Elena Bovina won't beat Tatiana.

She still isn't feeling 100%, and considering the slump she's been in, it would be questionable if she could beat her even if she was fully healthy.
BRUNA!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 05:37 AM   #13
Jordan.

Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road
Love your predictions, Leon
Jordan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2003, 05:56 AM   #14
kournikovafan13

kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice
Well, here's how they've done so far....

Lena Bovina - def Golovin, vs Grande Rnd2
Alyona Dementieva - lost to Sanchez Lorenzo Rnd1
Alinka Jidkova - lost to Hantuchova Rnd1
Evgenia Koulikovskaya - def Beigbeder, vs Maleeva Rnd2
Lina Krasnoroutskaya - def Craybas, vs Mauresmo Rnd2
Sveta Kuznetsova - lost to Shaughnessy Rnd1
Elena Likhovtseva - lost to Loit Rnd1
Nastya Myskina - def Safina, vs Mandula Rnd2
Nadya Petrova - def Seles, vs Talaja Rnd2
Dinara Safina - lost to Myskina Rnd1
Masha Sharapova - lost to Serna Rnd1
Vera Zvonareva - def Muller, vs Chladkova Rnd2

So thats exactly half of them into the second round...I reckon that the majority of the remaining girls have a good shot at the third and fourth rounds too.

I can't be near you
The light just radiates...

-"Malibu" by Hole
kournikovafan13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote