Bucharest Open 2014 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2014, 12:14 AM   #16
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of
Re: Bucharest Open 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Entry List:
Martic and Beck

Its clay ?

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2014, 12:18 AM   #17
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold
Yes

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

I didn`t want to be her fan, I just ... couldn't resist
UCLA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 12:24 AM   #18
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
I'm curious if Sorana said anywhere that she will attend or smth like that. I don't remember now tbh. (Only about Simona and Monica)

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #19
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
Of course she will be missed, you know that....
I was talking for myself. She's the only Romanian girl I don't like.

But like I said, she SHOULD have entered for the fans.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #20
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of
For me this is a strong MD considering the period when is scheduled. Simona for sure will not tank this tournament, the only thing that worries me is her health ! Glad to see Beck here, she is one of my favorite players on tour and Begu too. Never seen her play and this is my chance.
As for Sorana... She always went straight to US after Wimbledon so no change in her plans but this is the first WTA Int. tournament in România so if she wanted, I'm positive she could miss a week training with Adidas and attend this event. The only reason she can miss this os if she already has some kind of contract already singned and she must be someplace else but even so.
Anyway, seeing this MD I'll have my bet on either Simona or Irina. Truthfully, hoping for Irina

s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 05:16 PM   #21
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
When you have an tournament in your own country you don't miss, sorry. Is not the only one who has to prepare for hard court and had to defend points. Here i'm not agree with persons who found excuses for Sorana. The only acceptable excuses are injuries. I'm dissapointed of her.
I couldn't disagree more.
Sorana, as every other tennis player, has to care for herself first. She has to plan her season, arrange her schedule and make the decisions in accordance to her coach or coaching system to get the best possible results.

Fans are becoming more and more important in the tennis business, but we must accept that the players we cheer for need to take the responsibility for their success and failures and not we as fans. If Sorana would play this event only for the sake of keeping up her appearances as a person of interest, just to pull a tank job in the first two rounds because she actually wished to be somewhere else, her reputation would be taking a much bigger hit. And I know how big the lamentating and crying is in 'Sori's Soirée' after every early loss of hers.

Just look at the ATP event in Serbia that got cancelled due to monetarian problems. None of their top players showed up in the latest editions simply because it didn't meet their schedule (and we are talking here about a clay court event in clay season). Did it hurt their reputation in their home country? Hardly. Do they lack patriotic feelings. Not at all.

I can understand the disappointment of the fans that would like to see her play, but I am fine with her decision. Look at th amount of Top 10 Players and tennis stars that couldn't care less to represent their countries in the lower tiers of Fed or Davis Cup. Sorana has always played in the past. We should give her a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
I agree. Queen Monica hates clay and playing in Bucharest will probably fuck her up like she mentioned in that interview (even if she loses in R1). But it doesn't matter because promoting her sport in her home country and meeting with Romanian fans is more important.
This is true although the prospect of going far in the doubles competition makes this event still pretty attractive for Monica. I guess she would have been in Romania, anyway, right after Wimbledon taking a week off. She will just try to enjoy.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 09:08 PM   #22
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was talking for myself. She's the only Romanian girl I don't like.

But like I said, she SHOULD have entered for the fans.
Can i ask why?
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #23
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like her style of play and she reminds me too much of Ivanovic whom I dislike as well.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #24
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I don't like her style of play and she reminds me too much of Ivanovic whom I dislike as well.
She was lucky to be romanian that`s why i like her God ! Razgaita finally made me say it.. Be happy Sorana. Hell , i even trying to like Ana for u also , but somehow i didn`t find the right way to do it. But i`m working at that.

But can`t say the same about Cadantu. I really really can`t find a reason to like that girl. I don`t hate her , i`m cool, simply i don`t care about how she`s doing at tournaments. Dunno , if there is something in a man or a girl that u don`t like from the first time , then , she is all in in my note.

I didn`t want to be her fan, I just ... couldn't resist
UCLA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 10:42 PM   #25
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
If Sorana would play this event only for the sake of keeping up her appearances as a person of interest, just to pull a tank job in the first two rounds because she actually wished to be somewhere else, her reputation would be taking a much bigger hit.
You have a valid point, but the thing is.... why would she even "wish to be somewhere else"???

I mean it's a home tournament, she'll have her family and friends there, a lot of fans, she'll get a star treatment with the media and everything. I am sure by now she must be tired of the some old schedule, hotel rooms and all. Ofc I'm sure she has her reasons, and we'll probably get to hear them sooner or later but I find her absence disappointing. I honestly thought all the girls would be looking forward to this tournament as a great new experience.... for themselves more than a obligation for the fans or the organizers

Last edited by Not A Fan : May 28th, 2014 at 11:07 PM.
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 01:08 AM   #26
country flag Asa este

Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all

my 5 pence: Sori doesnt feel comfortable being around all the Simona festivities.
She does not hate Simona, she just does not feel well being around it. Just a guess.
I like Sorana and she is a sensitive nice girl
Asa este is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 12:56 PM   #27
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Sori might make it after all (although i'm not happy about him not mentioning the Queen of Tennis Romania )

“Ne bucurăm să putem aduce la București cele mai mari nume ale tenisului feminin mondial. Este pentru prima oară când Federaţia organizează un turneu WTA în România şi suntem mândri că lista jucătoarelor include nume importante din tenisul românesc, precum Simona Halep, Irina Begu, Sorana Cârstea şi Alexandra Cadanţu.”, a declarat George Cosac, preşedintele FRT.

http://www.digisport.ro/Sport/TENIS/...a+Halep+vedeta
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #28

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
Sori might make it after all (although i'm not happy about him not mentioning the Queen of Tennis Romania )

“Ne bucurăm să putem aduce la București cele mai mari nume ale tenisului feminin mondial. Este pentru prima oară când Federaţia organizează un turneu WTA în România şi suntem mândri că lista jucătoarelor include nume importante din tenisul românesc, precum Simona Halep, Irina Begu, Sorana Cârstea şi Alexandra Cadanţu.”, a declarat George Cosac, preşedintele FRT.

http://www.digisport.ro/Sport/TENIS/...a+Halep+vedeta
If Cosac knows what he's talking ,though sometimes he talks without using the brain too much , than it's kinda disrespectful for other potential WC hopers .

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 03:05 PM   #29
country flag Not A Fan

We now have an Official Website, Facebook Page and logo:

Old Jun 9th, 2014, 02:16 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
If Cosac knows what he's talking ,though sometimes he talks without using the brain too much , than it's kinda disrespectful for other potential WC hopers .

LOL . In the DigiSport TV spot , Sorana is also mentioned ......

Either those guys are stupid. Or want to increase their / tournament's ratings . Or Sorana will actually accept a WC.

I still go for the 1st option though. (stupid)