Bucharest Open 2014 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 27th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #1
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Bucharest Open 2014

Everything about Romania's first WTA Event in here.

Media reports, pics and live impressions from the guys who will go and watch.

Tournament Website: http://www.brdbucharestopen.ro/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brdbucharestopen

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDBuchOpen

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDy...OhRzCEsvRrynWA

Tickets : http://www.eventim.ro/en/tickets/brd...239/event.html

Last edited by Curcubeu : Jun 21st, 2014 at 11:43 AM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #2
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bucharest Open 2014

MD list

1. Halep
2. Vinci
3. Koukalova
4. Knapp
5. Beck
6. Schmiedlova
7. Cetkovska
8. Hercog
9. King
10. Niculescu
11. Cadantu
12. Soler Espinosa
13. Begu
14. Piter
15. Mladenovic
16. Martic
17. Kovinic
18. Tatishvili
19. N. Kichenok
20. Dulgheru
21. Arruabarrena
22. Panova
23. Cepede Royg
24. Lim
25. Mitu (wc)

Top Alts

#1 Buyukakcay
#2 Kucova
#3 Krunic

Q list

1. Bertens
2. Feuerstein
3. Paszek
4. Kucova
5. Krunic
6. Irigoyen
7. L.Kichenok
8. Karatantcheva
9. Voracova
10. Kania
11. Kontaveit
12. Brianti
13. De Vroome
14. Barbieri
15. Hogenkamp
16. Marcinckevica
17. Savchuk
18. Putintseva
19. Vinogradova
20. Koelher
21. Dinu
22. Camerin
23. Eikeri
24. Grymalska
25. Jani
26. Kostova
27. Allertova
28. Cohen

Top Alts

#1 Bonaventure
#2 Seguel
#3 Mrdeza

Last edited by Curcubeu : Jul 2nd, 2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old May 27th, 2014, 06:15 PM   #3
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

LOL . No Cirstea

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #83 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #97 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 06:20 PM   #4
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

Hmm , that`s weird.

I didn`t want to be her fan, I just ... couldn't resist
UCLA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 06:24 PM   #5
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

I was expecting a bit more top50 players, given that it's pretty well set against Bad Gastein, after Wimby and before going into the US... but i guess the point was always to see our girls in action! So I'm happy, can't wait to start
Old May 27th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #6
country flag Curcubeu

I can perfectly understand Sorana for not entering. It would completely mess up her Hard Court preperation (I guess she will be off to Vegas again training with the Adidas Team) and we know how sensitive she reacts to such changes in schedule.

Moreover, she has tons of points to defend in the coming weeks, so she should really do what is best for her and going back to clay really wouldn't in her case.

Apart from that it needs to be said that this entry list is the far weaker one of the tournaments that will be played in this week with Bad Gastein actually having the best entry list for years. Only real surprises in the draw are German speaking Knapp and Beck prefering Bucharest over Bad Gastein and King playing another tournament on her weakest surface instead of being in the US already.
Old May 27th, 2014, 06:38 PM   #7

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I can perfectly understand Sorana for not entering. It would completely mess up her Hard Court preperation (I guess she will be off to Vegas again training with the Adidas Team) and we know how sensitive she reacts to such changes in schedule.

Moreover, she has tons of points to defend in the coming weeks, so she should really do what is best for her and going back to clay really wouldn't in her case.

Apart from that it needs to be said that this entry list is the far weaker one of the tournaments that will be played in this week with Bad Gastein actually having the best entry list for years. Only real surprises in the draw are German speaking Knapp and Beck prefering Bucharest over Bad Gastein and King playing another tournament on her weakest surface instead of being in the US already.

It's in Romania. And that says a lot.

Also, It's the 1st edition of the tournament and has been introduced a few months ago, officially. (4th of February) and hasn't been advertised or promoted at all . I mean , for fuck's sake . What the F are they thinking !? No news , no website, no nothing.

I look at the Bad Gastein MD list and it's only a little better than Bucharest. TBH, I expected a bigger difference given the stated facts from above.

P.S : Hope the words from the retards that will criticise Sorana for not entering, don't get to her, as she could be more affected by this.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #83 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #97 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Old May 27th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #8
country flag Curcubeu

I still doubt that the EL would have been much better. In fact it reminds me a lot of the ATP event in Bucharest back in the day when it was played in the middle of the hard court season.

If you want to break down the players' field you can make out 3 large groups:

Local heroes
Players with moderate clay court capabilities dependent on a prolonged clay season
Clayphobes and journey women from middle and eastern Europe looking for easy points to grab.
Old May 27th, 2014, 07:33 PM   #9
country flag Asa este

Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all

A surprising high quality of players! It should be compared to Budapest of last year and Bucharest has much more quality than Budapest 13.
P.S. If Simo wins Wimbeldon she can tank Bucharest

Last edited by Asa este : May 27th, 2014 at 07:45 PM.
Asa este is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 07:53 PM   #10
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't even notice Cirstea wasn't on the list. Can't say she will be missed
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 08:45 PM   #11
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post

When you have an tournament in your own country you don't miss, sorry. Is not the only one who has to prepare for hard court and had to defend points. Here i'm not agree with persons who found excuses for Sorana. The only acceptable excuses are injuries. I'm dissapointed of her.

Otherwise, good luck to all romanian girls who will play here.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 09:24 PM   #12
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
When you have an tournament in your own country you don't miss, sorry. Is not the only one who has to prepare for hard court and had to defend points. Here i'm not agree with persons who found excuses for Sorana. The only acceptable excuses are injuries. I'm dissapointed of her.

Otherwise, good luck to all romanian girls who will play here.
I agree. Queen Monica hates clay and playing in Bucharest will probably fuck her up like she mentioned in that interview (even if she loses in R1). But it doesn't matter because promoting her sport in her home country and meeting with Romanian fans is more important.
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 09:43 PM   #13
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
I agree. Queen Monica hates clay and playing in Bucharest will probably fuck her up like she mentioned in that interview (even if she loses in R1). But it doesn't matter because promoting her sport in her home country and meeting with Romanian fans is more important.
+1
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 12:10 AM   #14
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
I didn't even notice Cirstea wasn't on the list. Can't say she will be missed
Of course she will be missed, you know that.... she is a star here, a lot of people will be disappointed if she indeed doesn't play. Unfortunately, like Nightcrawl3r correctly pointed out, a lot of internet anger will come her way as a result.

I'm curios how the WC situation will go. Did I understand correctly that some WC's will go to hungarian girls??
Old May 28th, 2014, 12:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post

I'm curios how the WC situation will go. Did I understand correctly that some WC's will go to hungarian girls??

I hope not MDWC . 1-2 qWC could be granted to Hungarian girls (as the director is hungarian - the one from Budapest GP)

He will not make too many fans if MDWC('s) will go to his fellow countrywomen .